Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,805, Level: 34
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    324
    Points
    12,805
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Exciting things in our future, but...

    I have been concerned about performance the past year, but like many true Cyclone wrestling fans, see great hope in the future. Some great looking recruits coming our way.

    BUT, please, can we get the wrestling website current and complete. I look up key freshmen to see their bios, and ......nothing. Beard? Nothing. Tanner Weatherman? Nothing. In comparison, check out the Iowa wrestling website. Every player has photo and bio. Every player. If I am being recruited, which leaves the more favorable impression?

    If we want to get back up with the big dogs, we better present ourselves as a big dog.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 16,699, Level: 39
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    heyguy85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    876
    Points
    16,699
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    I agree. Nothing like sharing what you really feel on your first post! BTW, Kyven Gadsen is going to be a beast.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 39,552, Level: 61
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,566
    Points
    39,552
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by psyclone51 View Post
    I have been concerned about performance the past year, but like many true Cyclone wrestling fans, see great hope in the future. Some great looking recruits coming our way.

    BUT, please, can we get the wrestling website current and complete. I look up key freshmen to see their bios, and ......nothing. Beard? Nothing. Tanner Weatherman? Nothing. In comparison, check out the Iowa wrestling website. Every player has photo and bio. Every player. If I am being recruited, which leaves the more favorable impression?

    If we want to get back up with the big dogs, we better present ourselves as a big dog.
    Performance on the mat leaves the most favorable impression. We need to start getting things done there, and we will see the improvement in recruiting And keep donating to the wrestling club. Our facilities are in need of a boost, and this would only help the cause.

    McCauley will be a huge get when he hits Ames. If our team gets healthy, we will win our share of duals this year.



  4. #4
    Prospect
    Points: 2,854, Level: 15
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bomber85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    19
    Points
    2,854
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Performance on the mat leaves the most favorable impression. We need to start getting things done there, and we will see the improvement in recruiting And keep donating to the wrestling club. Our facilities are in need of a boost, and this would only help the cause.

    McCauley will be a huge get when he hits Ames. If our team gets healthy, we will win our share of duals this year.



    I see this past weekend ISU recruit Dakota Bauer beat Iowa recruit Thomas Gilman in a KS tourney.


    For whatsoever from one place doth fall, is with the tide unto anouther place brought. For there is nothing lost, that may not be found, if sought. Edmund Spencer 1590

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 135,407, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,263
    Points
    135,407
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 253

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by psyclone51 View Post
    I have been concerned about performance the past year, but like many true Cyclone wrestling fans, see great hope in the future. Some great looking recruits coming our way.

    BUT, please, can we get the wrestling website current and complete. I look up key freshmen to see their bios, and ......nothing. Beard? Nothing. Tanner Weatherman? Nothing. In comparison, check out the Iowa wrestling website. Every player has photo and bio. Every player. If I am being recruited, which leaves the more favorable impression?

    If we want to get back up with the big dogs, we better present ourselves as a big dog.
    Yeah, I don't understand why it is apparently so hard to update the online roster once a year with up to date bios and pictures.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 389,878, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    56,756
    Points
    389,878
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 238

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Do we have a chance against Minnesota? How far in advance do we schedule teams?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 32,273, Level: 55
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,629
    Points
    32,273
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 68

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Logan Molina(165) and Mikey England(174) won the UNI open this weekend. Mikey beat ISU freshman Tanner Weatherman 5-4 in the finals. Tanner Weatherman beat Cody Caldwell (who we wanted bad, but signed with UNI) 5-4 in the semi finals.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 32,273, Level: 55
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,629
    Points
    32,273
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 68

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Looking at the lineup, it looks like we have a couple holes next year.
    125 - Finch will keep getting better, but depth is lacking (Larson will be coming next year, but can't get Ryak hurt)
    133 - Shayden needs the redshirt, as does many, don't see this hole being filled next year yet, think Meeks will be 141.
    141 - Not sure on the Redshirt vs True Frosh, Think Meeks will be great as a redshirt freshman, but that doesn't help next year.
    149 - Destin McCauley should be able to fill this next year, essentially taking redshirt year at OTC
    157 - Not sure what to do here, Cozart is not the answer and Weatherman is hurt with neck issues. Not sure is Moreno can stay here or not.
    165 - Moreno or Logan Molina is looking good at open tourneys this year. If we don't get Tyler Caldwell
    174 - Spangler, England, Tanner Weatherman - we are good here for a while
    184 - Beard, Tanner Weatherman - same we are good here
    197 - Shafer might be okay if we committ to him as a 197 pounder and if Gadsen is back, all the better.
    Hwt - Gibson - one more year - Need Quean here practicing

    Needs are 197 and 133 and 141 next year.

    Not sure we are getting anyone of significants from all the 133 pounder brought in except Shayden.



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 7,541, Level: 25
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    165
    Points
    7,541
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Maybe we can get that Cagnia from Ia central who was at cornell or something prior, or I've heard rumors of Wolfensperger possibly being done at UNI, maybe a change of scenery???



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 7,541, Level: 25
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    165
    Points
    7,541
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Actually Iowa Central has a couple of good guys to try and snag around that weight such as Terrel Wilbourne or Jacob Colon.....



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 32,273, Level: 55
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,629
    Points
    32,273
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 68

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Crooksie - Cagina will be at Nebraska next year.

    It Edwin Cooper that need to come to Iowa State next year. Terrel Wilbourne would be fine also. Have to think that Jacob Colon will follow his brother to UNI.



  12. #12
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Crooksie - Cagina will be at Nebraska next year.

    It Edwin Cooper that need to come to Iowa State next year. Terrel Wilbourne would be fine also. Have to think that Jacob Colon will follow his brother to UNI.
    Really not much of a spot for Edwin Cooper at this point. Shayden/Meeks will be good at 141, so there wouldn't be a need to get him here and have him cut...and there's no way Cooper is going to beat McCauley at 149. Unless maybe he went 157..?



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 30,277, Level: 53
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,121
    Points
    30,277
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 143

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    The updates to the website are annoying, but administrative. I like KJ and think he is a good coach. For whatever reason we cannot stay healthy. Not going to pretend to know a lot about wrestling, but I think patience will be paid off.


    "I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

    -Humpty

  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 1,082, Level: 8
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24
    Points
    1,082
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatllDoCy View Post
    The updates to the website are annoying, but administrative. I like KJ and think he is a good coach. For whatever reason we cannot stay healthy. Not going to pretend to know a lot about wrestling, but I think patience will be paid off.
    Patience is the key, this years wrestlers is importain for the years to come. This group of wrestlers are the sacraficial lamps, for they have no solid core of upper classman to help with their development. It's inexperience wrestling inexperience and there is noway else to get the experience they need unless they are thrown to the wolves, and what a way to start off your D1 career. This group of wrestlers are vital to ISU's success and for all the in coming recriuts. in time these guys will be the core (HEART) of the team.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 39,552, Level: 61
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,566
    Points
    39,552
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: Exciting things in our future, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Looking at the lineup, it looks like we have a couple holes next year.
    125 - Finch will keep getting better, but depth is lacking (Larson will be coming next year, but can't get Ryak hurt)
    133 - Shayden needs the redshirt, as does many, don't see this hole being filled next year yet, think Meeks will be 141.
    141 - Not sure on the Redshirt vs True Frosh, Think Meeks will be great as a redshirt freshman, but that doesn't help next year.
    149 - Destin McCauley should be able to fill this next year, essentially taking redshirt year at OTC
    157 - Not sure what to do here, Cozart is not the answer and Weatherman is hurt with neck issues. Not sure is Moreno can stay here or not.
    165 - Moreno or Logan Molina is looking good at open tourneys this year. If we don't get Tyler Caldwell
    174 - Spangler, England, Tanner Weatherman - we are good here for a while
    184 - Beard, Tanner Weatherman - same we are good here
    197 - Shafer might be okay if we committ to him as a 197 pounder and if Gadsen is back, all the better.
    Hwt - Gibson - one more year - Need Quean here practicing

    Needs are 197 and 133 and 141 next year.

    Not sure we are getting anyone of significants from all the 133 pounder brought in except Shayden.
    Swope will be at HW as well. He could be an adequate performer after a few years. We need another HW. Come on Brooks Black!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM