Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 218,333, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,154
    Points
    218,333
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 812
    Given: 545

    ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    The King's Court takes a look around the nation as the season begins -- college basketball - ESPN

    It seems odd that as we seem to be gaining some more national attention going into this season, the local experts covering the team seemed to have soured on the high expectations we had this summer. Should be an interesting winter to say the least.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 194,551, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    12,053
    Points
    194,551
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 736
    Given: 406

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Makes me wonder if that NU scrimmage was worse then we thought....



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 271,465, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,929
    Points
    271,465
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,353
    Given: 1,139

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Makes me wonder if that NU scrimmage was worse then we thought....

    Why?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 41,776, Level: 63
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,174
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,328
    Points
    41,776
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 27

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Maybe we need to actually play a few games before we should expect much press. Oh and we need to win them.



  5. #5
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    Makes me wonder if that NU scrimmage was worse then we thought....
    Worse in a bad way for nebraska?



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 218,333, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,154
    Points
    218,333
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 812
    Given: 545

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    Maybe we need to actually play a few games before we should expect much press. Oh and we need to win them.
    I wasn't complaining about lack of press. Quite the opposite actually. We are getting some press this year, but the local guys like CW seem to have really soured on the team the last couple weeks.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 63,066, Level: 77
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,858
    Points
    63,066
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 96

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I wasn't complaining about lack of press. Quite the opposite actually. We are getting some press this year, but the local guys like CW seem to have really soured on the team the last couple weeks.
    That's just because CW has mastered the stance all the media (minus Tirrell) use around central Iowa. Lower expectations, but leave open possibilities. Murphy and Fales are the masters of giving a bland opinion that stays strictly on the fence. Murphy and Fales have to do this because they are supposed to be neutral. CW on the other hand is just a bland person with weak opinions. It is easier that way.


    I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 13,375, Level: 35
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Malone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    432
    Points
    13,375
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 34

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to jahfg again"

    Couldn't agree more. I miss Deace writeups where there was personal opinion instead of generic and safe offerings based on things people generally already know/agree about. /end rant



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,917, Level: 68
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    gwoodclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,318
    Points
    48,917
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 31

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Anyone else find it funny how closely related all those teams are? Dana Altman left Creighton for Oregon, and Greg McDermott left Iowa State to go to Creighton.



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,473, Level: 78
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,607
    Points
    64,473
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 6

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    After listening to CW and Blum's bball preview I'm sobering up my expectations for this team.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,264, Level: 61
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,227
    Points
    40,264
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 53

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by jahfg View Post
    That's just because CW has mastered the stance all the media (minus Tirrell) use around central Iowa. Lower expectations, but leave open possibilities. Murphy and Fales are the masters of giving a bland opinion that stays strictly on the fence. Murphy and Fales have to do this because they are supposed to be neutral. CW on the other hand is just a bland person with weak opinions. It is easier that way.
    Maybe CW realized we are a weak rebounding team with no actual PG???? And he saw it first hand in the first exhibition game



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 55,431, Level: 72
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,320
    Points
    55,431
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 20

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    After listening to CW and Blum's bball preview I'm sobering up my expectations for this team.
    You're expectations are pretty easy to form by yourself. Not by listening to 2 glorified fans, use your own opinion.

    Look at the talent across the Big 12, then look at our talent, and compare. We are on the lower end of the middle tier (5-8th). If Royce gets a fire lit under him, and they play consistent we could jump up a bit.

    Top tier- Baylor, Kansas
    Mid-tier- Mizzou, A&M, Texas, OSU, ISU, KSU
    Low-tier-Tech, OU



  13. #13
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes13 View Post
    You're expectations are pretty easy to form by yourself. Not by listening to 2 glorified fans, use your own opinion.

    Look at the talent across the Big 12, then look at our talent, and compare. We are on the lower end of the middle tier (5-8th). If Royce gets a fire lit under him, and they play consistent we could jump up a bit.

    Top tier- Baylor, Kansas
    Mid-tier- Mizzou, A&M, Texas, OSU, ISU, KSU
    Low-tier-Tech, OU
    I don't know how good Kansas is going to be this year.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 55,431, Level: 72
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,320
    Points
    55,431
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 20

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    I don't know how good Kansas is going to be this year.
    There's not a very big gap between the top and mid tiers this year. I feel like ISU could beat (or lose to) anyone in the Big 12, which is why this year is very exciting.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 43,533, Level: 64
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,602
    Points
    43,533
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU in top 3 teams no one is talking about but should

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonepower View Post
    Maybe CW realized we are a weak rebounding team with no actual PG???? And he saw it first hand in the first exhibition game
    Yes we looked weak on the boards...we were playing without our center.
    Maybe Railey does not start, or play as much as other guys...but I think he will help our rebounding a lot.


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM