Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 115

Twister Sister Summary

Welcome back to basketball everyone! This is my first installment of the Twister Sister Summary. Went to the exhibition game tonight and this is what I saw.u

The pre-pre-downer news is that this team is struggling shooting the ball outside the lane. We did hit 11 three pointers, but missed a ton too. Outside of five feet and inside of the three point line was pretty non-existent.

The second downer was the news about AP. apparently she developed some swelling in her knee during the shoot around today. Doctors examined it and are going to scope it on Tuesday. She will be out for a minimum of two weeks.

The team started out rather slowly tonight. Shooting percentage was low in the first half. It was all about Pop and Big C s they led the way. Coach experimented with numerous lineups throughout trying to find some cohesion.

First impressions. The freshmen are athletic and fast. They aren't afraid. Moody works in fast motion. She sees the court and distributes the ball well. She made a couple of killer assists today. Going to be fun. Brynn has a great body (get your minds out of the gutter!). Long and athletic. Moves really well. All four got significant playing time and while the scoring wasn't there, the defense, rebounding and hustle were.

Impression two. Big C's summer workouts have paid off. She is stronger, quicker, and has added a three point shot to her arsenal. Will she be our next star? Wait and see...she had 17 tonight and was impressive.

Impression three. Pop is bigger, badder, and has a free throw shot. She has largely gotten rid of her bad habit of dribbling after taking and inlet pass. That led to her also scoring 17. She also looked like a real badass on the court. Very physical.

Impression four. Harris is stronger and is showing more confidence in her three point shot. She hit for 11 today and looked sharp.

What did the team look like? Very physical. Smothering defense. Diving for balls. Bodies all over the court. They may not be pretty on the offensive end yet and may never be, on the defensive end they are going to be exceptional. They covered Rockhurst like spandex on a bike rider. Very impressive this early in the season...even if it was an exhibition.

It's going to be fun to watch them come together. As Coach Fennelly said...all four frosh are going to play and will make a difference. Hang on and enjoy the ride and welcome to the Sisters of 2011-12.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 484
    Given: 420

Re: Twister Sister Summary

Was raking and bagging tons of leaves today and forgot to stop at 5:00 and tune in the game. Thanks for the recap!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Thanks Acoustimac! Glad to see you back in the saddle and looking forward to an exciting season of WBB! I have high hopes for this team this year, and the potential loss/delay of Anna Prins is a big blow. I hope she recovers soon and wish her only the best. The team seems really dynamic otherwise and brimming with talent and potential, both the newbies and the returners who seem to have improved and gained confidence.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Nice assessment - Harris seems to have accepted her role as a shooter and she wants to play. Her dive to claim the ball after a scramble was classic and won fan appreciation.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    Nice assessment - Harris seems to have accepted her role as a shooter and she wants to play. Her dive to claim the ball after a scramble was classic and won fan appreciation.
    I agree. I came away wondering what kind of line she would have had if she played more minutes. I understand it's the time of year to give all the players some time so they can be evaluated in game situations. Now, turning to real games, I like the indications Harris showed as a potential shooter for the 3's that could start to replace Bolte's contributions.

Starter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBob View Post
    I agree. I came away wondering what kind of line she would have had if she played more minutes. I understand it's the time of year to give all the players some time so they can be evaluated in game situations. Now, turning to real games, I like the indications Harris showed as a potential shooter for the 3's that could start to replace Bolte's contributions.
    Well, we all wish Harris well; there is no doubt she can hit the three, but I would like her to be able to create her own shot, too, as Bolte learned to do. She is certainly playing more aggressively so far this year.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
    Well, we all wish Harris well; there is no doubt she can hit the three, but I would like her to be able to create her own shot, too, as Bolte learned to do. She is certainly playing more aggressively so far this year.
    Good point - that separates the players that take the shot when they're open vs those that can shake a defender or two and still hit the 3.