Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Ejim

  1. #1
    CyBer
    Guest

    Ejim

    Just got back from the game and wanted to say good job today Ejim. I think he's going to be a very good player for us. He seems to be more powerful and accurate. 80% shooter today and made all of his free throws. Good job Ejim.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 286,575, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,002
    Points
    286,575
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 65

    Re: Ejim

    You can tell he worked on his game a lot this off season.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 43,305, Level: 64
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 945
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,731
    Points
    43,305
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 4

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Just got back from the game and wanted to say good job today Ejim. I think he's going to be a very good player for us. He seems to be more powerful and accurate. 80% shooter today and made all of his free throws. Good job Ejim.
    It sounds like we are going to need his rebounding this year. How close was the game, and what are the major issues that need addressing?



  4. #4
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Ejim

    Honestly he looked like the best player on the court today, the game was closer than I thought it was going to be. I think Ejim had something like 24 points at half.

    Rebounding is going to be an issue.

    Also I think Royce is going to be one of those pouty players when calls don't go his way.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 583,802, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    22,953
    Points
    583,802
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,813
    Given: 7,018

    Re: Ejim

    Hope we can be saying the same thing come conf. play. He started out strong as a freshman but disappeared when it came time for conf play.


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 17,458, Level: 40
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclone1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    965
    Points
    17,458
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 268

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Honestly he looked like the best player on the court today, the game was closer than I thought it was going to be. I think Ejim had something like 24 points at half.

    Rebounding is going to be an issue.

    Also I think Royce is going to be one of those pouty players when calls don't go his way.
    Just got back from the game as well and these comments are all on point. Ejim is doing a very good job moving without the ball and this team has some nice passers, so he is getting great looks at the hoop.

    Royce was indicating he wanted an intentional foul at one point. His free throw shooting was bad today, so he better get used to it.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 28,517, Level: 51
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ahaselhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boone, IA
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,517
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 88

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    It sounds like we are going to need his rebounding this year. How close was the game, and what are the major issues that need addressing?
    I think we had a 10-20 point lead pretty much throughout the game. Just couldn't fully put them away.

    To me, the effort seemed to be lacking. Especially in the case of challenging outside shots and finishing at the hoop.

    Shooting was pretty good, and we played good defense at times, but it was inconsistent.

    We obviously can't play like this and win many conference games, but I'm not too worried yet.



  8. #8
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    It sounds like we are going to need his rebounding this year. How close was the game, and what are the major issues that need addressing?
    Not having a point guard seems to be the biggest.



  9. #9
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Ejim

    I'd say rebounding is the biggest.



  10. #10
    DistrictCyclone
    Guest

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by ahaselhu View Post
    I think we had a 10-20 point lead pretty much throughout the game. Just couldn't fully put them away.

    To me, the effort seemed to be lacking. Especially in the case of challenging outside shots and finishing at the hoop.

    Shooting was pretty good, and we played good defense at times, but it was inconsistent.

    We obviously can't play like this and win many conference games, but I'm not too worried yet.
    Of course it was; they're not going to go all out for an exhibition game. They'd be stupid to do anything but sandbag it; games that don't count aren't worth overdoing or getting injured in.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 144,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RayShimley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    6,072
    Points
    144,067
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 31

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by DistrictCyclone View Post
    Of course it was; they're not going to go all out for an exhibition game. They'd be stupid to do anything but sandbag it; games that don't count aren't worth overdoing or getting injured in.
    Exactly. We could of easily blown them out, but CFH seemed to be experimenting with lineups and getting lots of different combinations of players on the floor. I don't think our starting 5 were on the court together for more than 5 minutes all game.



  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 9,255, Level: 28
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    drose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    474
    Points
    9,255
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Ejim

    Royces attitude sort of scares me



  13. #13
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Ejim

    Quote Originally Posted by drose1 View Post
    Royces attitude sort of scares me
    Agree about this.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 57,284, Level: 74
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    MissouriCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,195
    Points
    57,284
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Ejim

    Having 12 turnovers is another thing. Seemed to me like they were really relaxed, but it's the first game. I'm sure we'll do fine and shooting was a strong point.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 104,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,977
    Points
    104,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 508
    Given: 811

    Re: Ejim

    It was one game. An exhibition. Hoiberg was constantly subbing in and out to experiment with lineups. Some of you people need to quit jumping to such ridiculous conclusions after one exhibition game.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM