Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 83

Tebow hate taking over ESPN comments

Supposedly someone started making comments of "X" > Tebow, noting that anyone would be better than Tim Tebow. Then X turned out to be anything. Supposedly ESPN started removing the posts, and the commenters have fought back in droves.

Go to the comments section, watch live updates, and enjoy. Coming in faster than ESPN can take them off. Time for Elway to think post-Tebow - AFC West Blog - ESPN

All-Star
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 854
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 83

Re: Tebow hate taking over ESPN comments

Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    Supposedly someone started making comments of "X" > Tebow, noting that anyone would be better than Tim Tebow. Then X turned out to be anything. Supposedly ESPN started removing the posts, and the commenters have fought back in droves.

Go to the comments section, watch live updates, and enjoy. Coming in faster than ESPN can take them off. Time for Elway to think post-Tebow - AFC West Blog - ESPN
    Dang, sorry about the annoying size and font, happened when I pasted it in.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,236
    Given: 112

If you read the comments during Broncos games, it's is all over the place. 2 out of every 3 posts are "X > Tebow." Some of them are pretty funny. Some are not so much.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 218

I'm amazed at how polarizing the poor guy is. He's like the Sarah Palin of pro sports -love him or hate him, no middle ground. Personally I don't much care for the bible beater aspect of his personality, but from what I've seen and heard he seems like a decent person who's just getting his while he can. I don't understand why so many people absolutely despise him for no apprent reason other than the fact that he's a lousy NFL QB right now, which puts him in the company of about a dozen other guys starting around the league.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 109

I would say I have a middle ground opinion on Tebow. He seems like a good guy, and while I don't agree with his beliefs at all, I have no problem with them. He's at least seemingly sincere and genuine about it. I don't think he pushes it anywhere nearly as much the media does.

He looks like a pretty awful NFL QB though. I honestly thought he would make it, but it sure doesn't look like it. If he was the Vikings QB, I'd be saying that "X > Tebow" too.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    I'm amazed at how polarizing the poor guy is. He's like the Sarah Palin of pro sports -love him or hate him, no middle ground. Personally I don't much care for the bible beater aspect of his personality, but from what I've seen and heard he seems like a decent person who's just getting his while he can. I don't understand why so many people absolutely despise him for no apprent reason other than the fact that he's a lousy NFL QB right now, which puts him in the company of about a dozen other guys starting around the league.
    I think it's backlash from 4+ years of ESPN/major media hype. He was built up to be a god as a college qb and it got very sickening for pretty much anybody that wasn't a Florida fan. Now, he's struggling and people are taking out those past years of frustration on him. The fact that he wears his Christianity on his sleeve the way he does only fuels the fire.

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I really don't get the Tebow hate. It doesn't seem to just be b/c he's a bad QB - it seems to go beyond that. I have a feeling it's b/c he's very open about his religious beliefs and that makes some people feel insecure or defensive, so they choose to lash out at him. If that's not the case, then why do people have such disdain for him?

I'm a Broncos fan and I don't think he's the future of the franchise....but beyond that, he seems to be a good person with good morals and is a good role model for kids. It's a lot easier for me to cheer for a guy like Tebow than some other thug who beats his wife and just wants to get payed.

- Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I would say I have a middle ground opinion on Tebow. He seems like a good guy, and while I don't agree with his beliefs at all, I have no problem with them. He's at least seemingly sincere and genuine about it. I don't think he pushes it anywhere nearly as much the media does.

He looks like a pretty awful NFL QB though. I honestly thought he would make it, but it sure doesn't look like it. If he was the Vikings QB, I'd be saying that "X > Tebow" too.
    He does look bad but so do many other QB's that have much better surrounding talent and they don't get nearly as much crap as Tebow.

Tebow this year has a QB rating of 75.1

Guys in the NFL under 80 QB rating
    Matt Ryan
    Sam Bradford
    Matt Cassell
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Kevin Kolb
    Colt McCoy
    Joe Flacco
    Kyle Orton
    Josh Freeman
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Moore
    Blaine Gabbert
    Curtis Painter

Yet none of those guys are under the scrutiny like Tebow is after only his 5th start (is that right? or is it 4?)

And Tebow has AWFUL surrounding offensive talent. His best WR is Eric Decker. Every other QB there has similiar #'s to Tebow with much better talent to work with. Add in the fact that Tebow can make plays with his feet and he really isn't THAT bad.

I think Tebow can be a winner in the NFL in 2-3 years. He has to work on some things and needs some talent around him. Plus he needs a coach who knows how to use him. Fox does not. Fox didn't give Tim 1 easy throw in that game last week.

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 273

I could read these comments all day and not get bored.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 218

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    He does look bad but so do many other QB's that have much better surrounding talent and they don't get nearly as much crap as Tebow.

Matt Ryan
    Sam Bradford
    Matt Cassell
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Kevin Kolb
    Colt McCoy
    Joe Flacco
    Kyle Orton
    Josh Freeman
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Moore
    Blaine Gabbert
    Curtis Painter

Yet none of those guys are under the scrutiny like Tebow is after only his 5th start (is that right? or is it 4?)

And Tebow has AWFUL surrounding offensive talent. His best WR is Eric Decker. Every other QB there has similiar #'s to Tebow with much better talent to work with. Add in the fact that Tebow can make plays with his feet and he really isn't THAT bad.

I think Tebow can be a winner in the NFL in 2-3 years. He has to work on some things and needs some talent around him. Plus he needs a coach who knows how to use him. Fox does not. Fox didn't give Tim 1 easy throw in that game last week.
    It looks to me like Elway and Fox are just giving him a token look for PR purposes. This way when they kick him to the curb they can rationalize it by saying they gave him an extended look. They definitely aren't making much of an attempt to put him in position to succeed.

Last edited by coachdags; 11-02-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 76

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    Sarah Palin > Tim Tebow

Rookie
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I just don't always get the hate for him expressing his religion. Hes not forcing it down anyones throat, yet stands strong for his beliefs.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

[quote=jbindm;2481685]

Matt Ryan
    Sam Bradford
    Matt Cassell
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Kevin Kolb
    Colt McCoy
    Joe Flacco
    Kyle Orton
    Josh Freeman
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Moore
    Blaine Gabbert
    Curtis Painter

I think Tebow can be a winner in the NFL in 2-3 years. He has to work on some things and needs some talent around him. Plus he needs a coach who knows how to use him. Fox does not. Fox didn't give Tim 1 easy throw in that game last week.[/QUOTE]

It looks to me like Elway and Fox are just giving him a token look for PR purposes. This way when they kick him to the curb they can rationalize it by saying they gave him an extended look. They definitely aren't making much of an attempt to put him in position to succeed.
    Yeah I think only Tom Brady and Peyton Manning could look decent if their top WR got traded away from them during the season.

The Broncos aren't going anywhere this year anyways. Why not try and see what the kid can do? Kyle Orton's never been a winner and never will be. Same for Brady Quinn. At least Tebow gives you that. He's won at a high stage.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think some of the hate started when he was at Florida, and the media (ESPN) was hyping this guy to be the second coming. That carried over into his NFL career, and now people are just tired of having him thrown in their face every time you turn around. His self promoting didn't help, but the media (ESPN) for some reason fell in love with him. Goes to show you that being a college football star doesn't necessarily equate to the same thing in the NFL. Tebow is into his second year in the NFL and hasn't been able to make the necessary adjustments to his throwing mechanics, which is what several NFL analysts said he would need to do to be successful.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 134

Matt Ryan
    Sam Bradford
    Matt Cassell
    Tarvaris Jackson
    Kevin Kolb
    Colt McCoy
    Joe Flacco
    Kyle Orton
    Josh Freeman
    Rex Grossman
    Matt Moore
    Blaine Gabbert
    Curtis Painter

It works both ways. If his name wasn't Tim Tebow, he wouldn't even be starting in the NFL.