Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Missouri = Misery

Think of a member of the family that nobody cares about. That's what Missouri has been. Few years back both KU and Iowa State got the upper hand in bowl games.

Big Ten didn't want Missouri.

SEC only invited Missouri to get the market in Missouri and to even out the groups in their conference.

Missouri cancelled their Arch rivalry with Illinois in St Louis - the series was never that competitive. (I highly doubt Iowa - Iowa State rivalry will ever end!)

Missouri's rival Big 12 school Kansas (geographically speaking) is a state apart - too far to call it a rivalry. (Kansas has their own rivalry with Kansas State) With Missouri in SEC, their identity is being tossed around, not that they have any identity.

Missouri's fans don't travel well AT ALL. I teach at University of Missouri occasionally and I will be the first to say that Iowa State fans are MUCH MORE passionate about Iowa State in general than Missouri could ever be about themselves.

SEC teams are followed well by their fanbase - be it Kentucky or Florida. I WOULD BE SURPRISED if an SEC Missouri team can sell all their tickets to a bowl game.

Did you look at their stadium? Not good for tailgating experience if you ask me. Not a green campus, the football stadium looks bare. In fact I LOVE Kinnicks and University of Iowa campus in general than Missouri's.

The reason for this post is two fold:
    1. I don't want this QBMissouri user or whatever his name is to come here and ask if Iowa State has a true rival school and start a thread when Missouri has no identity left.
    2. Iowa State is MUCH BETTER OFF with this reformed Big 12 than Missouri will ever be as a bottom feeder in SEC.

Oh and GOOD LUCK to Missouri's recruiting process! Man, so glad I am not a Missouri fan!!!

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Re: Missouri = Misery

Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Think of a member of the family that nobody cares about. That's what Missouri has been. Few years back both KU and Iowa State got the upper hand in bowl games.

Big Ten didn't want Missouri.

SEC only invited Missouri to get the market in Missouri and to even out the groups in their conference.

Missouri cancelled their Arch rivalry with Illinois in St Louis - the series was never that competitive. (I highly doubt Iowa - Iowa State rivalry will ever end!)

Missouri's rival Big 12 school Kansas is a state apart - too far to call it a rivalry. With Missouri in SEC, their identity is being tossed around, not that they have any identity.

Missouri's fans don't travel well AT ALL. I teach at University of Missouri occasionally and I will be the first to say that Iowa State fans are MUCH MORE passionate about Iowa State in general than Missouri could ever be about themselves.

SEC teams are followed well by their fanbase - be it Kentucky or Florida. I WOULD BE SURPRISED if an SEC Missouri team can sell all their tickets to a bowl game.

Did you look at their stadium? Not good for tailgating experience if you ask me. Not a green campus, the football stadium looks bare. In fact I LOVE Kinnicks and University of Iowa campus in general than Missouri's.

The reason for this post is two fold:
    1. I don't want this QBMissouri user or whatever his name is to come here and ask if Iowa State has a true rival school and start a thread when Missouri has no identity left.
    2. Iowa State is MUCH BETTER OFF with this reformed Big 12 than Missouri will ever be as a bottom feeder in SEC.

Oh and GOOD LUCK to Missouri's recruiting process! Man, so glad I am not a Missouri fan!!!
    I did not ask that. I asked who your biggest rival was. I was immediately descended upon by a pack of howling tornadoes. I really don't get what was so offensive about the question.

However, most of you said Iowa is your biggest rival. This confuses me because they are not even in your conference. After all, I have read numerous posts stating that Mizzou was a whore for "giving up" their biggest rival, Kansas.

Seems to me that if ISU can still consider Iowa their premier rival, we can still consider Kansas ours, regardless of conference affiliation.

I dunno, maybe that makes too much sense or something?

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 111

But will KU play MU after this all goes down?

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by stateofmind View Post
    But will KU play MU after this all goes down?
    Dunno. That doesn't mean we will stop hating them or anything, though.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by QBUMizzou View Post
    I did not ask that. I asked who your biggest rival was. I was immediately descended upon by a pack of howling tornadoes. I really don't get what was so offensive about the question.

However, most of you said Iowa is your biggest rival. This confuses me because they are not even in your conference. After all, I have read numerous posts stating that Mizzou was a whore for "giving up" their biggest rival, Kansas.

Seems to me that if ISU can still consider Iowa their premier rival, we can still consider Kansas ours, regardless of conference affiliation.

Dude, you asked specifically about a "rival". A Rival doesn't have to be in the same conference. A rivalry is created with a lot of history. Find me one history with Missouri with another school that has tradition as much as Iowa - Iowa State.

The state of Iowa continues to be the only state with two of the biggest conference represented in the same state. How many other big name conference schools are in Missouri? NONE!!!

Any kind of history you had with Big 12 is forgotten soon as you joined SEC.

Iowa State may not be winning games every week but we are the root of Big 12. We were in Big 8. You can call us the bottom feeders but we have tradition and identity. And don't tell me Missouri has tradition. If they did, they would have had a better fanbase than what I see living in St Louis.

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 12

I guess you've never heard of these games;

USC / ND (UCLA is less of a rival)
    Clemson / SoCar
    aTm / Arkansas
    Louisville / Kentucky
    FSU / Florida (FSU has no bigger conference rival)

MU can't have a rivalry with KU if KU decided not to continue the series.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Dude, you asked specifically about a "rival". A Rival doesn't have to be in the same conference. A rivalry is created with a lot of history. Find me one history with Missouri with another school that has tradition as much as Iowa - Iowa State.

The state of Iowa continues to be the only state with two of the biggest conference represented in the same state. How many other big name conference schools are in Missouri? NONE!!!

Any kind of history you had with Big 12 is forgotten soon as you joined SEC.

Iowa State may not be winning games every week but we are the root of Big 12. We were in Big 8. You can call us the bottom feeders but we have tradition and identity. And don't tell me Missouri has tradition. If they did, they would have had a better fanbase than what I see living in St Louis.
    I honestly feel sorry for you. You are that uneducated.

MU/KU is one of, if not THE oldest and most heated rivalries ever.

Look at this.Iowa – Iowa State rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your rivalry has huge gaps of time between games. At one point THREE DECADES!

Mizzou/Kansas has played every year, except 1918, since 1891.

Rivalry? Sir, I know rivalries, and what you have is nowhere close to a rivalry.

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 42

I dunno maybe it is something about Mizzou ******* over its long time friends, in order to serve its own inferiority complex.

ISU and Iowa have not been in the same conference together for 100 years or more, so UM vs KU isn't the same situation and don't try to say that it is. Plus it is very likely the that UM will not continue playing KU because of their move to the SEC. If you don't play the rivalry will die, it won't be in two years time but it will over time. Hard to continue to be rivals when you don't play.

I am very interested to see where this ends up in 10 years. Maybe UM will be happy. I think they will wish they were smarter about all this. To many unknowns to know what the future will bring, but if I had to place a bet, I would guess that UM will wish it would have stayed in the B12 if for no other reason than for when the B1G expands in the future.

A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Rivalry? Sir, I know rivalries, and what you have is nowhere close to a rivalry.

Dude, you are a moron if you go by Wiki in your life. Wake up. Come to an Iowa Iowa State game. THEN COMPARE IF YOU DARE.

KU - Misery rivarly is a joke and everyone knows it. There is no tradition there. Kansas could care less. The only VALID rivarly you could develop was Illinois and you guys decided to end that too. Seriously, who does that?!?

Iowa State will never stop playing UNI or Iowa. Did that happen 100 years in a row? No. Does it bring the state of Iowa to the stadium - YES.

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I admit the KU/MU rivalry is huge. And before I came up for school I would have been like you and not know how big ISU/UofI rivalry is. Pretty sure a rivalry consists of two teams hating each other and we hate UofI, just like you and KU. So what if we didn't play each other for 30 years. I don't see that ever happening for a long time, it brings in too much money.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriCyclone View Post
    I admit the KU/MU rivalry is huge. And before I came up for school I would have been like you and not know how big ISU/UofI rivalry is. Pretty sure a rivalry consists of two teams hating each other and we hate UofI, just like you and KU. So what if we didn't play each other for 30 years. I don't see that ever happening for a long time, it brings in too much money.
    Iowa - Iowa State is a different kind of rivalry that, unless you are from Iowa, you will not recognize. Two big name conference, NO PRO teams in the state, EVERYONE is passionate about the bragging right. There IS a FRIGGIN trophy about all sports (C+O+M+B+I+N+E+D) that both schools participate in. Show me that about KU-Misery.

WE ARE IOWA STATE

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 42

Yeah but Missouri just ****** all over that 120 years of rivalry so they could feel better about themselves. I don't understand why you can't see that. It would be like being married to someone for 40 years, and then all the sudden deciding you need a trophy wife. You think the person that was married to you for 40 years is going to want to get together with you, have sex with you, talk to you? **** no they are going to try to fleece you for every penny you have and say **** you every chance they get.

Missouri's inferiority complex has forced its decision makers into a bad situation. Maybe it will turn out better than I think it will. If I could get odds on in Vegas on if Missouri is going to have more or less success than Arkansas has had in the SEC over the next 10 -15 years, I would put my 401k on less.

Go enjoy the SEC and hope you brought the lube, cause I am sure the boys from the SEC like it rough!

A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Iowa - Iowa State is a different kind of rivalry that, unless you are from Iowa, you will not recognize. Two big name conference, NO PRO teams in the state, EVERYONE is passionate about the bragging right. There IS a FRIGGIN trophy about all sports that both schools participate in. Show me that about KU-Misery.
    I agree. Would have no idea that it was such a huge rivalry unless I was here or went to one of the schools. That makes QBMissouri uneducated in his assumption and we all know what happens when you assume. However the KU-MU rivalry is big, you do have to admit that.

Legend
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 162

Look at this.Iowa €“ Iowa State rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you even know why there is a huge gap in that rivalry game?? It's because the hatred between the two schools was so big and was causing feuds and allegations between the 2 schools that it was cancelled.

There was a lot of bad blood between the two way back when, and there weren’t even Internet message boards to blame.
    U.S. Commissioner of Education Philander P. Claxton sent UI President Virgil Hancher word that the Iowa-ISU game was a source of feuds and allegations between the two schools. Claxton said there was no reason for its existence to continue.
    If you honestly feel that the ISU/Iowa game is not a true rivalry, that just shows your ignorance on this topic. The entire state of Iowa shuts down for this game. There are no pro teams in Iowa, you're either a Hawkeye or Cyclone. The state gets divided for that one game. Families get divided for that one game. It's huge. It may not have the national prestige as the Red River Rivalry, Bedlam, Civil War, etc. but I guarantee it has just as much hatred as those games.

Last edited by cyclonedave25; 10-28-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    When Prepared, Fear No One.

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 22

Dunno. That doesn't mean we will stop hating them or anything, though.
    We don't hate you, we just don't care. If a meteor make a big crater out of the entire state of Misery, nobody would care. The news headline would be Missouri is gone, oh well.