Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 13,815, Level: 35
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SCarolinaCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    730
    Points
    13,815
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 23

    AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Member Institutions and Years of Admission

    Brandeis University (1985)
    Brown University (1933)
    California Institute of Technology (1934)
    Carnegie Mellon University (1982)
    Case Western Reserve University (1969)
    Columbia University (1900)
    Cornell University (1900)
    Duke University (1938)
    Emory University (1995)
    Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
    Harvard University (1900)
    Indiana University (1909)
    Iowa State University (1958)
    The Johns Hopkins University (1900)
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1934)
    McGill University (1926)
    Michigan State University (1964)
    New York University (1950)
    Northwestern University (1917)
    The Ohio State University (1916)
    The Pennsylvania State University (1958)
    Princeton University (1900)
    Purdue University (1958)
    Rice University (1985)
    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (1989)
    Stanford University (1900)
    Stony Brook University-State University of New York (2001)
    Texas A&M University (2001)
    Tulane University (1958)
    The University of Arizona (1985)
    University at Buffalo, The State University of New York (1989)
    University of California, Berkeley (1900)
    University of California, Davis (1996)
    University of California, Irvine (1996)
    University of California, Los Angeles (1974)
    University of California, San Diego (1982)
    University of California, Santa Barbara (1995)
    The University of Chicago (1900)
    University of Colorado at Boulder (1966)
    University of Florida (1985)
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1908)
    The University of Iowa (1909)
    The University of Kansas (1909)
    University of Maryland, College Park (1969)
    University of Michigan (1900)
    University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (1908)
    University of Missouri-Columbia (1908)
    The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1922)
    University of Oregon (1969)
    University of Pennsylvania (1900)
    University of Pittsburgh (1974)
    University of Rochester (1941)
    University of Southern California (1969)
    The University of Texas at Austin (1929)
    University of Toronto (1926)
    University of Virginia (1904)
    University of Washington (1950)
    The University of Wisconsin-Madison (1900)
    Vanderbilt University (1950)
    Washington University in St. Louis (1923)
    Yale University (1900)



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 395,539, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,934
    Points
    395,539
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 301

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    We should keep Rutgers in mind in we go 16.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 276,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    13,168
    Points
    276,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 619
    Given: 1,228

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    We should keep Rutgers in mind in we go 16.
    I would hate to see Bill's girls have to play Stringer's team every year in conference. I absolutely hate their style of play; hack the hell out of them, they can't call them all.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 28,627, Level: 51
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,532
    Points
    28,627
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Nice to see the list of schools, thanks.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 158,655, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,892
    Points
    158,655
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 5

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Tough group to get into.....tough group to remain a member of.

    (see NE)


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,064, Level: 76
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    3,676
    Points
    61,064
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 15

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarolinaCy View Post
    Member Institutions and Years of Admission

    Brandeis University (1985)
    Brown University (1933)
    California Institute of Technology (1934)
    Carnegie Mellon University (1982)
    Case Western Reserve University (1969)
    Columbia University (1900)
    Cornell University (1900)
    Duke University (1938)
    Emory University (1995)
    Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
    Harvard University (1900)
    Indiana University (1909)
    Iowa State University (1958)
    The Johns Hopkins University (1900)
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1934)
    McGill University (1926)
    Michigan State University (1964)
    New York University (1950)
    Northwestern University (1917)
    The Ohio State University (1916)
    The Pennsylvania State University (1958)
    Princeton University (1900)
    Purdue University (1958)
    Rice University (1985)
    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (1989)
    Stanford University (1900)
    Stony Brook University-State University of New York (2001)
    Texas A&M University (2001)
    Tulane University (1958)
    The University of Arizona (1985)
    University at Buffalo, The State University of New York (1989)
    University of California, Berkeley (1900)
    University of California, Davis (1996)
    University of California, Irvine (1996)
    University of California, Los Angeles (1974)
    University of California, San Diego (1982)
    University of California, Santa Barbara (1995)
    The University of Chicago (1900)
    University of Colorado at Boulder (1966)
    University of Florida (1985)
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1908)
    The University of Iowa (1909)
    The University of Kansas (1909)
    University of Maryland, College Park (1969)
    University of Michigan (1900)
    University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (1908)
    University of Missouri-Columbia (1908)
    The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1922)
    University of Oregon (1969)
    University of Pennsylvania (1900)
    University of Pittsburgh (1974)
    University of Rochester (1941)
    University of Southern California (1969)
    The University of Texas at Austin (1929)
    University of Toronto (1926)
    University of Virginia (1904)
    University of Washington (1950)
    The University of Wisconsin-Madison (1900)
    Vanderbilt University (1950)
    Washington University in St. Louis (1923)
    Yale University (1900)
    How did this happen? It's the Association of American Universities. Shenanigans!


    Last edited by cycloneG; 10-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,837, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boone (not Marshalltown)
    Posts
    1,333
    Points
    33,837
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 83

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    How did this happen? It's the Association of American Universities. Shenanigans!
    Maybe they had a satellite campus in Detroit?


    "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - don't exaggerate!"

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 35,597, Level: 58
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,053
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    IsUaClone2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    In front of the computer
    Posts
    1,758
    Points
    35,597
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 10

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    How did this happen? It's the Association of American Universities. Shenanigans!
    Technically that is correct as we live in the United States of America; a part of North America along with Canada. Accordingly, we are both American.


    Whether you think you can or think you can't;
    you are right. Henry Ford

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 395,539, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,934
    Points
    395,539
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 301

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    We should take just the football teams from this group and form a new conference of 39 teams or so - AAU Conference. Our logo could include a scholarly hat and a diploma and research tidbit.


    Last edited by Wesley; 10-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 37,389, Level: 59
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,594
    Points
    37,389
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 6

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    It's a pretty big deal for ISU to be a part of this and something we should be proud of. Well done by everyone. Students and grad students keep working your tails off....



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,064, Level: 76
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    3,676
    Points
    61,064
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 15

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by IsUaClone2 View Post
    Technically that is correct as we live in the United States of America; a part of North America along with Canada. Accordingly, we are both American.
    Call a Canadian American and see what happens.


    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 37,389, Level: 59
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,594
    Points
    37,389
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 6

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    We should take just the football teams from this group and form a new conference - AAU Conference. Our logo could include a scholarly hat and a diploma and research tidbit.
    Oh man...I'd LOVE to see us wail on the likes of McGill, MIT, NYU, and Cal Tech!



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 276,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    13,168
    Points
    276,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 619
    Given: 1,228

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    How did this happen? It's the Association of American Universities. Shenanigans!
    There was a short time in 1926 when the good ole U S of A annexed Canada...


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 33,837, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    dtISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boone (not Marshalltown)
    Posts
    1,333
    Points
    33,837
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 83

    Re: AAU Member--Pretty good company

    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    There was a short time in 1926 when the good ole U S of A annexed Canada...
    ..but then the whole deal fell apart because of country realignment...


    "If I've told you once, I've told you a million times - don't exaggerate!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM