Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Pearl Jam Twenty

    Got the DVD today and IT IS AWESOME! As a lifelong PJ fan, this has alot of extras that are cool to see. I will be watching again soon. Love that they have been together this long when most band's "life expectancy" is so short.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Ten was one of the first CD's I ever owned......PJ is one of the best and their music will be played forever. Can't wait to check out the DVD.


    - Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 386,972, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,797
    Points
    386,972
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Saw it in the theater. It's been on PBS as of late too. It is a great film. So much humor in it and an awesome look into their history. Huge recommend to any music fan.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 28,721, Level: 52
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,537
    Points
    28,721
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    I forgot to post it last Friday, but you could of watched PJ 20 on PBS as they show cased the documentary as part of their "American Masters" program..... Anyways, unbelievable to see some of the early video footage of the band. Did anyone get to PJ 20 in Wisconsin this year over Labor Day? I picked going to the UNI game instead.



  5. #5
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    I forgot to post it last Friday, but you could of watched PJ 20 on PBS as they show cased the documentary as part of their "American Masters" program..... Anyways, unbelievable to see some of the early video footage of the band. Did anyone get to PJ 20 in Wisconsin this year over Labor Day? I picked going to the UNI game instead.
    I saw that it was on PBS, but I work from 4am to noon and it aired from 8:30 to 10:30pm so couldn't watch it. Tried to go to PBS website but couldn't watch it there either. So, I just bought it.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 28,721, Level: 52
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,537
    Points
    28,721
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    I saw that it was on PBS, but I work from 4am to noon and it aired from 8:30 to 10:30pm so couldn't watch it. Tried to go to PBS website but couldn't watch it there either. So, I just bought it.
    I have to get out tomorrow and get my copy. I'm hoping one day PJ will play in Des Moines.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 17,457, Level: 40
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    CloneAbuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    857
    Points
    17,457
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    I watched it on PBS last Friday and had my surround blasting. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be buying the DVD!

    Ten came out in my heyday at ISU. Watching 20 took me back...



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 386,972, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,797
    Points
    386,972
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Two moments cracked me up, both Stone Gossard. His coffee mug and the Grammy he had stashed in the junk room in his basement.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 78,464, Level: 87
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,686
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GrindingAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,906
    Points
    78,464
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 11

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Two moments cracked me up, both Stone Gossard. His coffee mug and the Grammy he had stashed in the junk room in his basement.
    Those were great moments. Watching the original jam that became Daughter was one of my favorites too.

    I had no idea this was going to be on PBS. My wife was flipping through the channels and I got up to go in the kitchen when I heard Release playing (which was pretty much standard fare for me to play loud on repeat at ISU when I was wasted and about to pass out - it's clearly the best song to pass out to).

    I said what the heck are you watching? She said some Pearl Jam show.

    How many have seen them live?

    Twice for me both at Alpine Valley. Great place to see them. First time is was 28 degrees (see Dissident on the Touring Band DVD). Second time was the next time they were there, on what Eddie described as the most beautiful day he had seen in forever.


    Last edited by GrindingAway; 10-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.

  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 28,721, Level: 52
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,029
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    EddieISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Waukee "The Key", iowa
    Posts
    1,537
    Points
    28,721
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by GrindingAway View Post
    Those were great moments. Watching the original jam that became Daughter was one of my favorites too.

    I had no idea this was going to be on PBS. My wife was flipping through the channels and I got up to go in the kitchen when I heard Release playing (which was pretty much standard fare for me to play loud on repeat at ISU when I was wasted and about to pass out - it's clearly the best song to pass out to).

    I said what the heck are you watching? She said some Pearl Jam show.

    How many have seen them live?

    Twice for me both at Alpine Valley. Great place to see them. First time is was 28 degrees (see Dissident on the Live on Two Legs DVD). Second time was the next time they were there, on what Eddie described as the most beautiful day he had seen in forever.
    Seen PJ 5 times live. Unfortunately it took me til 1998 to finally see them live in Kansas City, then 2 or 3 days later up at the Target Center in Minneapolis. In 2000 saw them in Chicago and Kansas City again and I want to say it was 2004 in Council Bluff.....coolest memory of PJ would be standing outside at 12:01 A.M. at Peoples Music in Des Moines when VS. came out and amazed at all the PJ fans lined up to get the album.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 51,880, Level: 70
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,439
    Points
    51,880
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 3

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Will never forget the first time I heard 'Jeremy'. A completely new kind of music, blew me away.

    And I still say 'Black' is one of the great songs of all time, in any genre.


    Last edited by Gonzo; 10-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Will never forget the first time I heard to 'Jeremy'. A completely new kind of music, blew me away.

    And I still say 'Black' is one of the great songs of all time, in any genre.

    Amen Gonzo.

    Off topic, but Holy *****, Freese just tied up game 6 of the WS in the bottom of the 9th w/ 2 outs as I'm typing this.


    - Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 51,880, Level: 70
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,439
    Points
    51,880
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 3

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    Amen Gonzo.

    Off topic, but Holy *****, Freese just tied up game 6 of the WS in the bottom of the 9th w/ 2 outs as I'm typing this.
    And Josh Hamilton says, 'what'?

    Holy shite.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 386,972, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,797
    Points
    386,972
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by EddieISU View Post
    Seen PJ 5 times live. Unfortunately it took me til 1998 to finally see them live in Kansas City, then 2 or 3 days later up at the Target Center in Minneapolis. In 2000 saw them in Chicago and Kansas City again and I want to say it was 2004 in Council Bluff.....coolest memory of PJ would be standing outside at 12:01 A.M. at Peoples Music in Des Moines when VS. came out and amazed at all the PJ fans lined up to get the album.
    Sandstone amp, right? In 98. I was there! Great show.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 37,728, Level: 59
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    HOTDON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Dodge, IA
    Posts
    2,391
    Points
    37,728
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pearl Jam Twenty

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    And I still say 'Black' is one of the great songs of all time, in any genre.
    word

    to

    that



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM