Recruiting Rules Changes
NCAA board also approved changes to Men's Basketball Recruiting, some of them pretty large ones:
- Contact is mostly deregulated starting June 15 after a recruitís sophomore year. Coaches will be allowed to send unlimited text messages, make unlimited phone calls and send unlimited private messages via social media websites.
- Two weekends in April will be opened up to coaches.
- July will be trimmed to three four-day periods, as opposed to two 10-day periods
- Official visits can begin January 1 of a recruitís junior year, with travel expenses for the recruit and his family being paid for by the school
- On-campus evaluations during official visits will be permitted
- Some contact at a recruitís high school will be permitted beginning during a prospectís junior year
Read the whole release: Board revamps mens basketball recruiting - NCAA.org