Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Let's see how our prediction panned out & be happy!

Let's go back to the time when we predicted Wins and Losses for CPR's 3rd season at ISU. I am pretty sure most of you predicted 3 wins in the first 7 games. I know I did. Here are the games once again:

UNI
    Iowa
    @ UCONN
    Texas
    @ Baylor
    @ Missouri
    A&M
    @ Tech
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
    O State
    @K State

I thought the three wins would be against UNI, Texas and Iowa (or A&M). I never thought we could win at UCONN. It seems like most of our prediction at 3 wins and 4 losses for the first 7 games held true.

If we must win 6 games, a win over Tech and Kansas must happen. Now, let's go back to how most of us predicted. I didn't think many of us predicted a win over Tech. However, everyone predicted a win over Kansas would be easy and a MUST.

So this brought us to a 4 wins and 5 losses prediction in the first 9 games. Am I correct?

Now, look at the remaining 3 games to end the season and I would say many predicted JUST 1 win out of these three, which brings us to a grand total of upto FIVE wins for this season.

Fast forward to present: the three games to end this season are looking to be tougher than anyone had imagined - meaning we would probably have a 4-8 record to end the season.

Now, knowing that Kansas State is looking tougher and Oklahoma teams are both pretty solid, if you don't believe Paul Rhoads didn't try "REALLY HARD" to steal a win in the last four games, you are insane!!! I think his sideline emotions says it all. I strongly believe the difference maker has been the QB position. Ever since the sprained foot injury at UCONN, Jantz just didn't play at the level we expected him too. Worse thing could have happened - we could have lost the UCONN game. Instead, he got us the win. YES, Jantz won us all THREE games.

Now, we have a "better than OKAY" QB. Yeah it took us four losses to find some pass completions in Barnett but we have our starter. We will rally behind him and win the last 2 or 3 games. Let's stay true to ourselves. We didn't think we would get to 6 wins that easily looking back at those days when we predicted. So why turn our backs now? Let's be realistic and appreciate that we are not 0-7! Let's be happy with 5-7 or even 4-8.

Let's be happy and keep our sets on this Saturday. Go Cyclones!!!

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 22

Re: Let's see how our prediction panned out & be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Let's go back to the time when we predicted Wins and Losses for CPR's 3rd season at ISU. I am pretty sure most of you predicted 3 wins in the first 7 games. I know I did. Here are the games once again:

UNI
    Iowa
    @ UCONN
    Texas
    @ Baylor
    @ Missouri
    A&M
    @ Tech
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
    O State
    @K State

I thought the three wins would be against UNI, Texas and Iowa (or A&M). I never thought we could win at UCONN. It seems like most of our prediction at 3 wins and 4 losses for the first 7 games held true.

If we must win 6 games, a win over Tech and Kansas must happen. Now, let's go back to how most of us predicted. I didn't think many of us predicted a win over Tech. However, everyone predicted a win over Kansas would be easy and a MUST.

So this brought us to a 4 wins and 5 losses prediction in the first 9 games. Am I correct?

Now, look at the remaining 3 games to end the season and I would say many predicted JUST 1 win out of these three, which brings us to a grand total of upto FIVE wins for this season.

Fast forward to present: the three games to end this season are looking to be tougher than anyone had imagined - meaning we would probably have a 4-8 record to end the season.

Now, knowing that Kansas State is looking tougher and Oklahoma teams are both pretty solid, if you don't believe Paul Rhoads didn't try "REALLY HARD" to steal a win in the last four games, you are insane!!! I think his sideline emotions says it all. I strongly believe the difference maker has been the QB position. Ever since the sprained foot injury at UCONN, Jantz just didn't play at the level we expected him too. Worse thing could have happened - we could have lost the UCONN game. Instead, he got us the win. YES, Jantz won us all THREE games.

Now, we have a "better than OKAY" QB. Yeah it took us four losses to find some pass completions in Barnett but we have our starter. We will rally behind him and win the last 2 or 3 games. Let's stay true to ourselves. We didn't think we would get to 6 wins that easily looking back at those days when we predicted. So why turn our backs now? Let's be realistic and appreciate that we are not 0-7! Let's be happy with 5-7 or even 4-8.

Let's be happy and keep our sets on this Saturday. Go Cyclones!!!
    After a 3-0 start, I don't see how it's possible to be excited about a 4-8 finish, especially knowing that our only conference win would have come against a perennial BIGXII football bottom-feeder.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Sure she's fat, but she has a nice personality and is a good cook. Besides, she's the best I can do.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 282

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Sure she's fat, but she has a nice personality and is a good cook. Besides, she's the best I can do.

You are such a giver.

Addict
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,094
    Given: 223

Quote Originally Posted by ISpyCy View Post
    After a 3-0 start, I don't see how it's possible to be excited about a 4-8 finish, especially knowing that our only conference win would have come against a perennial BIGXII football bottom-feeder.
    I think that's the mistake that everyone was making after 3-0. Making that 3-0 mean more than it did. UNI is FCS. Good FCS, but FCS. That needs to be an expectation.

Iowa is not that great. I don't give them much for Tennessee tech and ULM. They did beat Pitt, but their big 10 wins are over Minnesota and Northwestern. They got their tough games coming.

UCONN: If you weren't, you should have been saying...sure they were a BCS bowl team last year BUT.... Currently, they're 3-4, same as us. Their wins are Fordham, Buffalo, and South Florida. Lost to Western Michigan and Vandy in addition to us. Got pounded by West Virginia.

I did it too, the 3 wins, the come from behind, I was excited, but I also knew that if we didn't get better, it was going to get ugly quickly in the big 12. If we end up 4-8, I'll be somewhat relieved that we ended up better than we were predicted, but I won't be throwing myself down a flight of stairs or anything.

Look at Paul Rhoads' expectations. At the beginning of the season, he said his expectations were to get better every week. That's a far cry from saying he thought we were going to shock the world.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,109
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 294

I thought 2 wins to be honest so...yeah...we are ahead of my prediction. One of the wins I predicted is still on our schedule so I hope we at least double my prediction! That said...I can't say I am thrilled with how this season has progressed beyond our 3-0 start.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    Plus she has a job.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,953
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 39

I'm not going to say I'm happy, but I do see your point. I think my discontent so far, comes from a 3-0 start that I didn't think we'd have. Was it over-achieving for our 3-0 start? Probably, but that seems to be a standard with ISU. Getting fans expectations up to only fall on their face. And to be honest, it's not the losing that bothers me, but the way we lost. Sloppy play, turnovers, bad penalties, it all adds up to frustration.

In the end, I understand what's going on. I love CPR and think he's doing a solid Job here and probably better than anyone else could do right now. I just wish we'd have found a way to be more competetive in the 3 losses after going 3-0. The aTm game was the only one where I feel we just plain and simple got beat. The other games, we played so sloppily, there was no way to judge where this team was as far as talent on potential. (not that we wouldn't have lost the first 3 anyways, but the sloppy play overshadowed anything else on the field.)

But a 4-8 finish will be disappointing. If nothing else, because it's typical ISU and not being able to take that opportunity you have and run with it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,380
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 6

I have missed most of the games but it does seem that ISU was in a couple of the losses until one mentally breaking penalty seemed to open the floodgates. Would have been nice to pick off a win from the past four games. I think that KU could easily beat ISU, but by the same token, ISU could go anywhere and win the game in the right circumstances. I'm not giving up on this team, even if they don't win another game. A loss to KU would be disaterous, having said that.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I have missed most of the games but it does seem that ISU was in a couple of the losses until one mentally breaking penalty seemed to open the floodgates. Would have been nice to pick off a win from the past four games. I think that KU could easily beat ISU, but by the same token, ISU could go anywhere and win the game in the right circumstances. I'm not giving up on this team, even if they don't win another game. A loss to KU would be disaterous, having said that.
    I am going to email Jamie Pollard if we loose to Kansas!

Seriously clonomaniac, I know this has been a roller-coaster of a season, but this is getting ridiculous... Not even a month ago you were calling for Rhoads' and Jamie's head, wanting us to send emails to Pollard about his emotions and team... Now this?

Glad to see some upside, positives, and some support of the team, but I can't help but remember back at the complete meltdown... Glad to see you have recovered?

Last edited by M6WS6; 10-26-2011 at 10:21 AM.
    I went to college thinking I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted paychecks.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

UNI
    Iowa
    @ UCONN
    Texas
    @ Baylor
    @ Missouri
    A&M
    @ Tech
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
    O State
    @K State

I predicted a bowl game. My thoughts were win 3 of the first 4 (which we did but I anticipated a W against TX and loss to IA or UCONN).

I then thought we had to go AT LEAST 2-1 against Tech, KU and KSU. If we win all three we are set, if not we have to steal one against one of the other teams.

I cant say I am suprised by the record as it stands now. I am however a bit suprised that we started 3-0 and have lost 4 in a row. I really thought we could continue the trend of suprising some teams. Who knows the season isnt over so we could do just that in the rest of the games.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CykoAGR View Post
    UNI
    Iowa
    @ UCONN
    Texas
    @ Baylor
    @ Missouri
    A&M
    @ Tech
    Kansas
    Oklahoma
    O State
    @K State

I predicted a bowl game. My thoughts were win 3 of the first 4 (which we did but I anticipated a W against TX and loss to IA or UCONN).

I then thought we had to go AT LEAST 2-1 against Tech, KU and KSU. If we win all three we are set, if not we have to steal one against one of the other teams.

I cant say I am suprised by the record as it stands now. I am however a bit suprised that we started 3-0 and have lost 4 in a row. I really thought we could continue the trend of suprising some teams. Who knows the season isnt over so we could do just that in the rest of the games.
    Even if Iowa State doesn't win a single game this year beyond this point, I wouldn't turn my back on Paul Rhoads. Big 12 is just really and insanely good this year. Iowa State is the only bottom feeder. Kansas is better IMHO.

WE ARE IOWA STATE

Addict
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 377

I predicted 3-4, but that was probably close to standard for how most fans thought it would be. It's the details where I was way off.

I had a loss to Iowa and a win at Baylor. UNI game was much closer that I anticipated. I assumed all four losses would be within a couple of touchdowns, and the other 2 wins (which I had as UConn & BU) as narrow wins. I may have guessed 3-4, but essentially, I'm 1-6 —*nailed the point spread vs. UConn, not very close on everything else, except for the record.

My predicted was 5-7 (3-6 B12) — I talked myself into changing KSU from a loss to a win; first guess was 4-8, but I thought an extra win would come somewhere.

I don't know what to expect the rest of the way. The 3-0 start was probably misleading, but I still wouldn't like opening 3-0 and finishing under .500.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,109
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 294

Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Big 12 is just really and insanely good this year.
    This is arguably true...but what makes you think it won't be like this every year? And if it is...someone is going to be at the bottom...scary thought!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    This is arguably true...but what makes you think it won't be like this every year? And if it is...someone is going to be at the bottom...scary thought!
    I have no doubt Big 12 will be good every year. In fact Big 12 will be better than SEC. SEC's bottom feeders are Vandy and Kentucky. Missouri and A&M will help SEC get even better. Same goes for Big 12. TCU and WVU will make Big 12 better IMO. The rest of the schools in Big 12 will compete really hard to get to six wins each year considering Big 12 stays at 10 teams. This makes Big 12 schools want to be better every year. I have no doubt in my mind Big 12 will be just as good, if not better in upcoming seasons.

WE ARE IOWA STATE