Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 21,748, Level: 45
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mkadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornfield
    Posts
    964
    Points
    21,748
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    High school freshman

    There is a high school freshman in Harlan that will start 4 years in High School. Her name is Jess Schaben, how do I get her name to the coaches, so they can at least look at her. I would hate to see Nebraska get her, (they have already talked). She is currently # 4 in kill % in class 3-A. Only a freshman


    "To run this drill, Everyone line up in a circle, pair up in rows of three, alphabetically"

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,195, Level: 79
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,870
    Points
    66,195
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 24,678, Level: 48
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 872
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,524
    Points
    24,678
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 29

    Re: High school freshman

    Encourage her to go to ISU VB camps as often as possible and make contact with the VB department, after that it's up to the staff to assess her talents.


    Go Cyclones!!

  4. #4
    Recruit
    Points: 5,662, Level: 22
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    120
    Points
    5,662
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    Encourage her to go to ISU VB camps as often as possible and make contact with the VB department, after that it's up to the staff to assess her talents.
    Have her play club volleyball - IPVA or Central Iowa Select out of Des Moines. Club teams travel and ISU coaches are always at the big tournaments - Presidents Day Tourney in Omaha/ Crossroads in Denver.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 101,076, Level: 99
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,974
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,045
    Points
    101,076
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by mkadl View Post
    There is a high school freshman in Harlan that will start 4 years in High School. Her name is Jess Schaben, how do I get her name to the coaches, so they can at least look at her. I would hate to see Nebraska get her, (they have already talked). She is currently # 4 in kill % in class 3-A. Only a freshman


    About a 1 in 100,000 chance they don't know about her if she's all that.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 18,725, Level: 41
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    788
    Points
    18,725
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by mkadl View Post
    There is a high school freshman in Harlan that will start 4 years in High School. Her name is Jess Schaben, how do I get her name to the coaches, so they can at least look at her. I would hate to see Nebraska get her, (they have already talked). She is currently # 4 in kill % in class 3-A. Only a freshman
    If her last name is Schaben from the Harlan area they know if she is good enough



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 21,748, Level: 45
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mkadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornfield
    Posts
    964
    Points
    21,748
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    About a 1 in 100,000 chance they don't know about her if she's all that.
    I think she might be all that. She will be 15 in November. Home grown talent is always fun to watch in any sport. Go Cyclones


    http://www.iowasportsconnection.com/news/iowa-high-school-volleyball-statistical-leaders.cfm\

    http://www.rivercityjuniorsvolleyball.com/jessschaben.html


    Last edited by mkadl; 10-25-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    "To run this drill, Everyone line up in a circle, pair up in rows of three, alphabetically"

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 19,920, Level: 43
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,824
    Points
    19,920
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by mkadl View Post
    I think she might be all that. She will be 15 in November. Home grown talent is always fun to watch in any sport. Go Cyclones


    Prep Connection
    She is right behind one of our recruits (Bigbee), and just ahead of another (Kuhrt) on the 3A kills list. How tall is she as a frosh?



  9. #9
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,048, Level: 24
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    BTYamsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    239
    Points
    7,048
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Volleyball is my favorite female sport to watch. Infact I had a daughter that was an all stater herself. I've seen the Schaben girl play. For her age she's damn good! IF she's anything like her sisters, she'll end up being DIII talent.
    Remember most female athletes peak at an early age. The ones that don't are the special ones. Hallie Christofferson comes to mind for me. I watched her play basketball since she was in grade school. If I were Schaben, I'd hit some club teams out of Omaha. IF she's all that, she's already known in the volleyball circles.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 21,748, Level: 45
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mkadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornfield
    Posts
    964
    Points
    21,748
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by Royalclone View Post
    She is right behind one of our recruits (Bigbee), and just ahead of another (Kuhrt) on the 3A kills list. How tall is she as a frosh?
    Just a tad over 6'.


    "To run this drill, Everyone line up in a circle, pair up in rows of three, alphabetically"

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 21,748, Level: 45
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mkadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornfield
    Posts
    964
    Points
    21,748
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by BTYamsac View Post
    IF she's anything like her sisters, she'll end up being DIII talent.
    Remember most female athletes peak at an early age. The ones that don't are the special ones. Hallie Christofferson comes to mind for me. I watched her play basketball since she was in grade school. If I were Schaben, I'd hit some club teams out of Omaha. IF she's all that, she's already known in the volleyball circles.
    She doesn't have any sisters and yes she plays for on a club team in CB.


    "To run this drill, Everyone line up in a circle, pair up in rows of three, alphabetically"

  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 3,573, Level: 17
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TCG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    130
    Points
    3,573
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Well if mkadl told the coaches about her, it worked! Harlan's Schaben commits to ISU | Sports | KMA Radio It looks like Nebraska and Kentucky were interested in her. Schaben already a big hit(ter) in Harlan - Omaha.com



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 48,720, Level: 68
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    2,865
    Points
    48,720
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 38

    Re: High school freshman

    Quote Originally Posted by TCG View Post
    Well if mkadl told the coaches about her, it worked! Harlan's Schaben commits to ISU | Sports | KMA Radio It looks like Nebraska and Kentucky were interested in her. Schaben already a big hit(ter) in Harlan - Omaha.com
    Nice way to bump an old thread with some cool news!



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 19,920, Level: 43
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,824
    Points
    19,920
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 5

    Re: High school freshman

    So she is going to just be a junior this year. She looks to be a good one. I saw an interview of her coach, and was amazed the mannerisms she had similar to CJL.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 21,212, Level: 44
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    nickcyv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    971
    Points
    21,212
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: High school freshman

    Haha, you don't see threads bumped from the grave for good reasons. Pretty cool!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM