Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 7,559, Level: 26
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43
    Points
    7,559
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Parking at the game...Make room...

    I normally show up earlier to the game but twice this year I have showed up 1.5 hrs before the game starts. In both cases the harassment for wanting to park in a spot (or drive to an empty one) has been awful. Nobody has any right to the driving lane or a parking spot they are not paying for. Remarks such as you did not show up early enough or you must be a hawk is silly.

    I do not mind if people are in a parking spot or the driving lane. Yet, there is no reason anyone should ridicule someone for showing up to a game and park. This is not polite behavior and under no circumstances this would be tolerated anywhere else. It does not matter if it is a football game. Try this at grocery store or a Walmart and see how silly this behavior is.


    Last edited by notoriouslfb; 10-22-2011 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 101,899, Level: 99
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Points
    101,899
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 840
    Given: 90

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Get there earlier?



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 965,992, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    66,931
    Points
    965,992
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,490
    Given: 8,375

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    We show up either an hour before the game or 1.5 hours before, and haven't had a problem yet. That sounds strange.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 163,247, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    6,867
    Points
    163,247
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 576
    Given: 257

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Get there earlier?
    Get out of the way?


    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 126,020, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    17,248
    Points
    126,020
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 370

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    I agree with you.....the blocking of driving lanes in the parking lots is ridiculous. To get harassed for asking that there simply be a lane wide enough for a vehicle to go through is even more ridiculous.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 39,434, Level: 61
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 916
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,715
    Points
    39,434
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 19

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    I went to the UConn game and they packed the cars in like sardines....it sucked for the tailgating environment. No space whatsoever. I like that ISU is a little more liberal with the parking.

    I agree that they should let you drive by though....



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 245,249, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    17,137
    Points
    245,249
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,049
    Given: 1,728

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    I never have that problem when I arrive late.
    But, it might be because I tailgate with this bad boy.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 57,382, Level: 74
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,168
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    BCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    5,230
    Points
    57,382
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,990
    Given: 1,278

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Has happened to me several times when we arrive an hour or so before kickoff. UT game I had a person yell at me to get there earlier while we were just asking them to step out of the middle of the lane, he was standing. My son had a youth fb game that morning and was the reason we showed up just under an hour early. My kid's game comes first in my family.

    Also, have seen many 4 parking space tents. Doesn't bother me while there is room, but most of time they will bark at you when you say you need a spot because the rest are full.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 14,800, Level: 36
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    608
    Points
    14,800
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 0

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    You know it's gonna be crowded, get there earlier.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 126,020, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    17,248
    Points
    126,020
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 370

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum05 View Post
    You know it's gonna be crowded, get there earlier.
    That's fine, but people shouldn't be taking up multiple parking spaces with tents and chairs. You buy ONE parking pass, for ONE space. If you have purchased additional parking passes, to allow for the use of additional spaces, great! But I highly doubt that is the situation with the majority of those in the parking lots.



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 7,559, Level: 26
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43
    Points
    7,559
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Quote Originally Posted by BCClone View Post
    Has happened to me several times when we arrive an hour or so before kickoff. UT game I had a person yell at me to get there earlier while we were just asking them to step out of the middle of the lane, he was standing. My son had a youth fb game that morning and was the reason we showed up just under an hour early. My kid's game comes first in my family.

    Also, have seen many 4 parking space tents. Doesn't bother me while there is room, but most of time they will bark at you when you say you need a spot because the rest are full.
    This is my biggest concern because the kid events are going to start becoming an issue and getting at the game within an hour of starting feels like one big pain in the butt. That and the fact that I get the look that I am the one being an *** (which I may be at times but I do not do this to people looking to park).


    Last edited by LindenCy; 10-22-2011 at 11:46 PM.

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 101,899, Level: 99
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,569
    Points
    101,899
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 840
    Given: 90

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Asking a bunch of half drunk people to get out of your way doesn't always go so well. It sucks-just have to grin and bear it.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 122,463, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    8,000
    Points
    122,463
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 419

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    The times I have to park a car about an hour to 90 minutes before kickoff, I park at the MU parking ramp and walk to JTS. Costs less (about $8) and less hassle.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I didn't know Satan posted on here. Because clearly with this opinion, you're the devil.

  14. #14
    Prospect
    Points: 7,559, Level: 26
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    43
    Points
    7,559
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum05 View Post
    You know it's gonna be crowded, get there earlier.
    Why? Should people that show up to watch the game be told to go home or park elsewhere because someone needs more room to tailgate?



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 780,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    28,433
    Points
    780,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,893
    Given: 15,088

    Re: Parking at the game...Make room...

    Quote Originally Posted by notoriouslfb View Post
    I normally show up earlier to the game but twice this year I have showed up 1.5 hrs before the game starts. In both cases the harassment for wanting to park in a spot (or drive to an empty one) has been awful. Nobody has any right to the driving lane or a parking spot they are not paying for. Remarks such as you did not show up early enough or you must be a hawk is silly.

    I do not mind if people are in a parking spot or the driving lane. Yet, there is no reason anyone should ridicule someone for showing up to a game and park. This is not polite behavior and under no circumstances this would be tolerated anywhere else. It does not matter if it is a football game. Try this at grocery store or a Walmart and see how silly this behavior is.

    totally agree. people are ********. I now park a mile away and walk. Saw some of the grass lots not even close to empty and the game had started.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Dude, you are Gameday Rulzzz and could probably post about anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM