Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 362,055, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,727
    Points
    362,055
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,383
    Given: 721

    First E85 Chopper

    I had seen this before, but just came across some online photos - can't recall this being on here yet.

    Gotta say...this looks pretty sweet. Made by the folks of American Chopper. Website includes more photos and details on the chopper as well as info on the cause.

    Join The Ride Iowa





  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 118,988, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,651
    Points
    118,988
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 156

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Yeah they rolled out the bike right before halftime during last weeks game. I don't remember what happend in the game at the time cause that bike is sweet. I was very impressed with it and have some pictures that are somewhat closeups. Just need to develop them.


    Bellzisu is aka Chris Bellcock. Just so I'm not anonymous anymore.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 13,650, Level: 35
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    SlyCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Liberty, Iowa
    Posts
    804
    Points
    13,650
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Ugh....it looked much sweeter without the Farm Bureau logo on it. Why must we ruin art with company logos.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 27,362, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,249
    Points
    27,362
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 31

    Re: First E85 Chopper



    Atleast it is for a good cause
    (since there is no puke emoticon, I found my own)


    Last edited by redrocker; 09-21-2007 at 09:18 AM.

    32 years later and I am still riding on the back.

    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Nice new avatar 22



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 362,055, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,727
    Points
    362,055
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,383
    Given: 721

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Quote Originally Posted by SlyCy View Post
    Ugh....it looked much sweeter without the Farm Bureau logo on it. Why must we ruin art with company logos.
    Yeah...really.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 25,921, Level: 49
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPlainsDrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Points
    25,921
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 79

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    As a bike rider and home bike builder, I have to say those guys bikes have become a joke. I met them in Daytona BEFORE they were famous and they actually were good guys building rideable choppers that were unique and cool. Now all they build are ridiculous works of art, loosely associated with bikes. Each bike becomes more cartoon-like as they go along. Their custom theme bikes are over-the-top expensive (like $250,000 and up) and really can't and won't be ridden.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 544,164, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    39,639
    Points
    544,164
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,915
    Given: 2,933

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPlainsDrifter View Post
    As a bike rider and home bike builder, I have to say those guys bikes have become a joke. I met them in Daytona BEFORE they were famous and they actually were good guys building rideable choppers that were unique and cool. Now all they build are ridiculous works of art, loosely associated with bikes. Each bike becomes more cartoon-like as they go along. Their custom theme bikes are over-the-top expensive (like $250,000 and up) and really can't and won't be ridden.
    Anyone who spends $250k on a bike probably isn't going to be riding it around anyway.

    How often do you see people drive around a Lotus, Maseratti, Lamborghini, ets.? People don't buy these kind of things to get them from point A to point B, they buy them as collector's pieces.


    "That's what I do. I drink, and I know things." - Tyrion Lannister

    "Success is just failure that hasn't happened yet." - life advice from Latrell Spreewell


  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 27,362, Level: 50
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,249
    Points
    27,362
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 31

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Anyone who spends $250k on a bike probably isn't going to be riding it around anyway.

    How often do you see people drive around a Lotus, Maseratti, Lamborghini, ets.? People don't buy these kind of things to get them from point A to point B, they buy them as collector's pieces.
    Gargage Orniments, to show off (or trailer to bike night)



    32 years later and I am still riding on the back.

    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 2,181

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    John Deere colors except for the blue. Is the blue symbolizing ethanol or the sky? Love the little extras in back of the front wheel. Did Gene get to drive it a little bit also?


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,419, Level: 85
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    4429 mcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wall Street
    Posts
    4,402
    Points
    76,419
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPlainsDrifter View Post
    As a bike rider and home bike builder, I have to say those guys bikes have become a joke. I met them in Daytona BEFORE they were famous and they actually were good guys building rideable choppers that were unique and cool. Now all they build are ridiculous works of art, loosely associated with bikes. Each bike becomes more cartoon-like as they go along. Their custom theme bikes are over-the-top expensive (like $250,000 and up) and really can't and won't be ridden.
    I cant blame them though, they have found that every idiot CEO wants to be on their show, and is willing to paying 250k for a bike that will permently be on display in the foyer of the office campus.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 29,079, Level: 52
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Ames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,989
    Points
    29,079
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 0

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    I'm a car guy, but I hate it when car guys say things like you have to drive it or ride it or you suck. Great who cares. I have a couple of cars I drive and a couple of cars I don't drive. They are still cars. I only take them to shows. That's their job. To look nice. If I could afford to buy a chopper that never got used, but got me on their TV show and gave me something to take to shows I would.

    These guys make a lot of money making crazy bikes. Who cares if you can't really ride them. I'd trade jobs with them any day.

    Like Jesse James says, these cars/bikes aren't about getting from point a to point b, they are the point.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 25,921, Level: 49
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPlainsDrifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Points
    25,921
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 79

    Re: First E85 Chopper

    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I'm a car guy, but I hate it when car guys say things like you have to drive it or ride it or you suck. Great who cares. I have a couple of cars I drive and a couple of cars I don't drive. They are still cars. I only take them to shows. That's their job. To look nice. If I could afford to buy a chopper that never got used, but got me on their TV show and gave me something to take to shows I would.

    These guys make a lot of money making crazy bikes. Who cares if you can't really ride them. I'd trade jobs with them any day.

    Like Jesse James says, these cars/bikes aren't about getting from point a to point b, they are the point.
    Well, I never said you have to ride it or you suck???

    Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the wealth and fame these guys have attained, when there are so many struggling bike/car builders, but I no longer appreciate their work as bikes.... they are now merely cartoonish artwork. FWIW.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM