Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Apple TV

Just wondering if anyone out there has an Apple TV and how well it works. I have a Macbook pro and ipod touch. I am no looking at an iphone since Sprint now has that option and I am up for a new contract in a few months.

Looks really slick if you have a lot of Apple devices and the cloud storage and sharing seems to be really great if it is reliable.

Thanks.

Walk On
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Apple TV

To be honest, I am by no means a techy but here is what I have experienced with our whole scenario. My dad is an install manager at a company that installs a whole bunch of things including house control systems. We got a new network thing called Control 4 which allows you to control everything in your house through wireless. You can use a iTouch or Ipad or any device that allows you to download an app including tvs, lights, garage doors, ac/heat, security systems. Anywho, my dad went all out and got all of this Apple product including an Appletv and we never use it. We got it and plugged it in. Overtime, we never used our Appletv so I just used the HDMI to it to plug in my PS3. I fiddled around with it in that short amount of time and it seemed cool. If you are going to get it, make sure you are going to use it.

Sorry for the useless jargin in the beginning but now you see the whole story.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 89

Re: Apple TV

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheclones View Post
    Just wondering if anyone out there has an Apple TV and how well it works. I have a Macbook pro and ipod touch. I am no looking at an iphone since Sprint now has that option and I am up for a new contract in a few months.

Looks really slick if you have a lot of Apple devices and the cloud storage and sharing seems to be really great if it is reliable.

Thanks.
    Have one. Have a new iMac and iPad 2, apple tv works seemlessly with both. AirPlay works great for steaming things from the iPad. It has Netflix streaming as well, probably the best interface I have used for that. Would definetly recommend.

However if this is a I can wait a bit item there is supposedly an update coming to the hardware sometime soon, A5 chip is suppose to be used, this should provide full hd playback. At least that is the rumor. Apple treats the atv more like a pet project than a money making device.

A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.