Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

Looks like somebody missed the day they talked about government in history class

This is a portion of ACTUAL meeting minutes for the Lakeville (MN) City Council. Apparently this fellow has tried to do this at multiple city council meetings...

http://www.ci.lakeville.mn.us/citygo...tes8-20-07.pdf

"Citizensí Comments

Mr. Joe Neidermeyer, 10199-205th Street W., asked about the status of his letter asking for Council approval of a resolution requesting the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Mr. Mielke stated the Council members have expressed no interest in considering such a resolution."

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 37

Re: Looks like somebody missed the day they talked about government in history class

You can have a non binding resolution for anything. It means absolutely nothing, but that would not be the first time a gov agency did nothing. Wait, no that is EVERY time they do anything.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Re: Looks like somebody missed the day they talked about government in history class

I learned about the government in Government Class.

What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

Rookie
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

Ok, we were just laughing about it here at work. Something tells me the council could use their time a little better if they didn't have to deal with these yahoos.

I too learned about government in government class, but because there wasn't enough space in the title line to write "5th grade history class" (also implying this guy never made it past that in schooling). Don't dedicated "government" classes come later??? It's yet another lame attempt on my part to make something sound witty...

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by thakeepa14 View Post
    This is a portion of ACTUAL meeting minutes for the Lakeville (MN) City Council. Apparently this fellow has tried to do this at multiple city council meetings...

http://www.ci.lakeville.mn.us/citygo...tes8-20-07.pdf

"Citizensí Comments

Mr. Joe Neidermeyer, 10199-205th Street W., asked about the status of his letter asking for Council approval of a resolution requesting the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Mr. Mielke stated the Council members have expressed no interest in considering such a resolution."
    It may be a waste of time, but several local government councils have considered and even passed similar resolutions. E.g., Dane County Board of Supervisors (contains Madison):

Board Approves Resolution Asking Congress To Impeach Bush, Cheney - News Story - WISC Madison

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

No surprise here. Wisconsin is a country unto themselves. Everything is isolated to the state level in Wisconsin, even cheesehead brains: Wisconsin Power, Wisconsin Bank, Wisconsin TV blackouts.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,353
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 1

I think the onion said it best:

Town Hall Meeting Gives Townspeople Chance To Say Stupid Things In Public | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

NEW BEDFORD, MA—In a true display of democracy, a town hall meeting held at the New Bedford High School auditorium Monday gave the crowd of approximately 550 residents the opportunity to publicly voice every last one of the inane thoughts and concerns they would normally only have the chance to utter to themselves.

Enlarge Image
    New Bedford citizens again mistakenly thinking they can directly participate in City Council votes.
    Though the meeting was ostensibly held to discuss a proposed $21,000 project to replace the high school's grass football field with synthetic turf, City Councilman Thomas Reed inadvertently opened the floodgates to a deluge of ill-informed, off-topic diatribes on inconsequential ******** when he allowed those in attendance to demonstrate their God-given gift of language.

"I don't want to have some kid's torn ACL or ALS or whatever on my conscience," said 42-year-old contractor Tom Wareheim, who had apparently not heard the portion of Councilman Reed's opening remarks just moments before explaining that the risk of injury on grass and turf is virtually the same. "I also heard somewhere, I think from my cousin, that the fibers in that stuff can cause cancer."

Citizens quickly lined up at the podium to exercise their freedom of speech—for which countless Americans have died—to publicly drone on and on about everything from the root causes of the football team's poor performance last year to whether high school students should be playing sports at all.

"Now, I don't know much about this turf stuff, but you all know me and you know what kind of business I run," said hardware store owner Dan Schilling, 54, seizing the opportunity to hear his voice echo pointlessly off the auditorium walls. "I've been saying this to my wife for years, and she agrees with me: The garbage trucks in this town are way too loud and I came here tonight to see what's being done about it."

Schilling's grievance instilled an undeserved sense of confidence in the rest of the crowd, emboldening others to abandon the practice of forming cogent thoughts and instead allow streams of mind-numbing nonsense to spill ceaselessly from their lips.

"Who's going to fix the roads?" said 49-year-old Gordon Winters, a bona fide, class-A moron. "Do I have to fix the roads myself, or is somebody going to fix the roads? What's it gonna be? Fixed roads? Or not-fixed roads?"

After an awkward, 15-second period of silence, Winters thankfully moved away from the podium, only to be replaced by 32-year-old Laurel Hale, who seemed eager to prove to every citizen of New Bedford that she had the brainpower of an autistic dog.

"I'm just going to say one thing because I don't want to take up too much of anyone's time," said Hale as her 6-month-old daughter pawed at the microphone. Hale then somehow managed to link the synthetic-turf issue to the lack of places to sit in public areas, her inability to get the buttons at the crosswalk to work, and the apparent overabundance of cable television channels.

Added Hale: "Also, Councilman Reed, you need to get us out of Iraq. Now."

Over the course of the six-and-a-half-hour meeting, the only variation on the endless monotony of inconsequential concerns was the occasional tone of entitlement.

"This town used to be so different," said 67-year-old Doris Miller, as if she were starring in a film in which one person's impassioned speech is so powerful that it leaves the rest of the audience in stunned silence. "Kids are different. Adults are different. People. People are different. What happened? How do we get back to the way things were? How, Councilman Reed?"

"I fought in Korea, and by God I would do it again," said 76-year-old Ronald Schroyer, who immediately retook his seat.

With no conclusions reached about why the town has no zoo, which restaurant serves the best pizza, or what to do with the football field, Councilman Reed opted not to shoot himself and let his brains spray over the crowd, instead adjourning the meeting and thanking everyone who had taken the time to speak.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Rookie
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

[
    "Citizensí Comments

Mr. Joe Neidermeyer, 10199-205th Street W., asked about the status of his letter asking for Council approval of a resolution requesting the impeachment of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Mr. Mielke stated the Council members have expressed no interest in considering such a resolution."[/quote]

Gee, I thought all the marching Neidermeyers' loved GW.....