Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 12

Toledo Game

In a change of subject from all of the Iowa threads to a team we actually still have to play, I'm trying to get a feel for how we play Toledo differently this year. They killed us last year with a short passing game and their tight end. This year the quarterback we faced is riding the pine while his backup is putting up decent numbers. Also, this is our teams first road game and I'm interested in seeing how they perform on the road. I'm not worried about the upperclassmen and Jucos as much as I worried about the underclassmen that are in the two-deep. I like how we keep rotating players in all over the field to keep players fresh and spread around the experience, but I'm a little nervous about playing consistent football on the road.

Have we shown that we can stop the short passing game from nickel and diming us to death? Have we seen any reason to believe that we'll be able to cover the tight end better this year? Will our offense score some second half points against a defense that has been less than stellar? These are just some of the topics I'd like to discuss and hear other people's opinions on.

Seacrest out!

I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Re: Toledo Game

Hopefully we'll be able to shut down their running back Parmele. He's averaging around 80 yds a game, 4 yds a carry. Nothing spectacular.

Statistically, Toledo owns us in every offensive category. As for stopping the short passing game? There was some improvement last week, but I just don't know. This defense can't be on the field for these long, sustained drives.

I just hope the offense continues to improve from last week. Against the porous Toledo defense, Meyer should have time to find short passes. Probably see a great game from Bass too. Can't wait for Saturday!

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits