Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 70,170, Level: 82
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,280
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,517
    Points
    70,170
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 48

    Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    MU is celebrating its 100th Anniversary of "Homecoming." They also claim to have invented the phrase "Homecoming".

    MU's record on Homecoming is 57-37-5. Other than Cal (0-1), MU has a winning record against every other opponent on Homecoming, except.....

    ISU. ISU is actually 6-2-2 in Columbia on MU's Homecoming.

    And we should be 7-1-2. Our last game on MU Homecoming was 2005 when we had a brilliant game plan to shut down Brad Smith, but unfortunately, drilled him so hard on a blitz and we knocked him out of the game. A freshman named Chase Daniel rallied MU in the fourth Q (help from a couple controversial no fumble calls) to send the game into OT. Of course, we lost in OT when MU made their FG and we missed ours (shocking).



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 106,205, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,056
    Points
    106,205
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 1,019

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    MU is celebrating its 100th Anniversary of "Homecoming." They also claim to have invented the phrase "Homecoming".

    MU's record on Homecoming is 57-37-5. Other than Cal (0-1), MU has a winning record against every other opponent on Homecoming, except.....

    ISU. ISU is actually 6-2-2 in Columbia on MU's Homecoming.

    And we should be 7-1-2. Our last game on MU Homecoming was 2005 when we had a brilliant game plan to shut down Brad Smith, but unfortunately, drilled him so hard on a blitz and we knocked him out of the game. A freshman named Chase Daniel rallied MU in the fourth Q (help from a couple controversial no fumble calls) to send the game into OT. Of course, we lost in OT when MU made their FG and we missed ours (shocking).
    Hadn't realized ISU had a winning record on Missouri homecomings. Had never seen stats of records vs. opponents' homecomings. That's intriguing in itself.

    Do you have the years & results of those? Wouldn't mind seeing that.

    Not sure if this makes me feel better, or if law-of-averages is going to rear its ugly head.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 128,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,864
    Points
    128,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    vs. IOWA STATE (ISU Leads, 6-2-2)
    1914 Iowa State 6, Mizzou 0
    1968 Mizzou 42, Iowa State 7
    1970 Iowa State 31, Mizzou 19
    1976 Iowa State 21, Mizzou 17
    1982 Mizzou 17, Iowa State 17
    1984 Mizzou 14, Iowa State 14
    1988 Iowa State 21, Mizzou 3
    1999 Iowa State 24, Mizzou 21
    2001 Iowa State 20, Mizzou 13
    2005 Mizzou 27, Iowa State 24 (OT)



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 106,205, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,056
    Points
    106,205
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 456
    Given: 1,019

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    vs. IOWA STATE (ISU Leads, 6-2-2)
    1914 Iowa State 6, Mizzou 0
    1968 Mizzou 42, Iowa State 7
    1970 Iowa State 31, Mizzou 19
    1976 Iowa State 21, Mizzou 17
    1982 Mizzou 17, Iowa State 17
    1984 Mizzou 14, Iowa State 14
    1988 Iowa State 21, Mizzou 3
    1999 Iowa State 24, Mizzou 21
    2001 Iowa State 20, Mizzou 13
    2005 Mizzou 27, Iowa State 24 (OT)
    Seem to remember listening to the '84 game on radio and Missouri crowd booed at the end.

    I can't remember if that was because it ended (1) in a tie, (2) how the game ended, or (3) they were p****ed because they tied with an ISU team that had won only two games that season Drake and West Texas State.

    I'm thinking it was (3)

    Probably



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 73,143, Level: 83
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,302
    Points
    73,143
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 173
    Given: 279

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    1976 Iowa State 21, Mizzou 17
    ~~~~~~

    I remember this game. Listening to Pete Taylor calling the game on a Sat afternoon in my dorm room.

    Dexter Green threw a half -back pass back to the QB for a touch down. For an Earl Bruce team, this was an amazing "Gadget" play.


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 82,556, Level: 89
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alumni road
    Posts
    7,109
    Points
    82,556
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 45

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    i remember listening to the 2001 20-13 game on the radio. Just going off memory, I believe a cyclone DB knocked down a pass in the end zone as time expired to get the W for the cyclones. Adam Runk perhaps?



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 157,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    8,471
    Points
    157,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 569

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    MU is celebrating its 100th Anniversary of "Homecoming." They also claim to have invented the phrase "Homecoming".

    MU's record on Homecoming is 57-37-5. Other than Cal (0-1), MU has a winning record against every other opponent on Homecoming, except.....

    ISU. ISU is actually 6-2-2 in Columbia on MU's Homecoming.

    And we should be 7-1-2. Our last game on MU Homecoming was 2005 when we had a brilliant game plan to shut down Brad Smith, but unfortunately, drilled him so hard on a blitz and we knocked him out of the game. A freshman named Chase Daniel rallied MU in the fourth Q (help from a couple controversial no fumble calls) to send the game into OT. Of course, we lost in OT when MU made their FG and we missed ours (shocking).
    The life of a cyclone fan. I had a pretty good chuckle with the shocking part.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 317,939, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    11,314
    Points
    317,939
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,883
    Given: 659

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    The life of a cyclone fan. I had a pretty good chuckle with the shocking part.
    Why? Do we have a kicking problem? For some reason, I can't get my mind to remember any kicks, other than punts. I remember everything else, so I'm wondering if it's some sort of mental block.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 95,762, Level: 96
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,288
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,955
    Points
    95,762
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 144

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    i remember listening to the 2001 20-13 game on the radio. Just going off memory, I believe a cyclone DB knocked down a pass in the end zone as time expired to get the W for the cyclones. Adam Runk perhaps?
    Dustin Avey.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 11,982, Level: 33
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    DarkStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    662
    Points
    11,982
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 137

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    For me the most painful part of the '05 game was MU jumped out to a 14-0 lead without even getting a first down. An int and a fumble recovery both returned for a touchdown.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 18,210, Level: 41
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 740
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    brother bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    7 Seas of Rhye
    Posts
    943
    Points
    18,210
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 9

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    I remember listening to the '76 game on the radio as well. Pete Tayler (R.I.P. my friend) was so colorful. My brothers' and I played football in the backyard that day and everytime Pete Taylor got excited we automatically had a time out to hear what was going on. The first touchdown run by Dexter Green was something else...unforgettable! Actually the whole '76 season was.


    Cyclone fan since 1964 and proud of it!

    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 15,274, Level: 37
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    762
    Points
    15,274
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 141

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    Seem to remember listening to the '84 game on radio and Missouri crowd booed at the end.

    I can't remember if that was because it ended (1) in a tie, (2) how the game ended, or (3) they were p****ed because they tied with an ISU team that had won only two games that season Drake and West Texas State.

    I'm thinking it was (3)

    Probably

    I was at that game. It rained all game. The field was a mess.
    The big thing was that Alex Espinoza broke his leg during the game.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 29,406, Level: 52
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    1,885
    Points
    29,406
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 4

    Re: Interesting ISU-MU Factoid

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    i remember listening to the 2001 20-13 game on the radio. Just going off memory, I believe a cyclone DB knocked down a pass in the end zone as time expired to get the W for the cyclones. Adam Runk perhaps?
    Got married on that day and listened to the game on the radio before walking down the aisle. We were huddled in the kitchen of the church and I had the Pastor say a little prayer when it seemed like Mizzou was going to score.

    The 2005 game I was at and those first 2 scores by Mizzou were painful to watch from the stands. What a frustrating game to be at.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • Iowa State @ Kansas
  • February 2, 2015
  • 08:00 PM