Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 195
    Given: 890

CPR's Call In Show Last Night

Despite the face that it's mostly fluff (does everyone have to ask Coach how he's doing? They just can't figure it's the same answer as the last guy who asked two minutes ago???), I usually try to listen. Occasionally a gem slips through.

Well, last night was a real nugget. Out of the plethora of sameness arose an interesting question. One caller commented on CPR's mention that he felt that the program was right on pace for the third year, and asked how Coach felt he was was doing for the next three years.

I think that everyone was actually surprised at such an astute question, because they were all silent for a moment.

I was working on a project, so i didn't quite catch all of it, but one thing I caught was when Coach Rhoads said that both lines of scrimmage, which were most important, were right on track--though the offense was a little ahead of the defense.

Well, I suppose that for three years from now, that basically constitutes Irving, Pompey, Lemke and Kron, then Meyers leading off the next wave.

I missed some, then faded back in when he was commenting on the current crop of freshman wide receivers. One comment about them, which I found interesting, was something to the effect that "They're the size of the guys we're currently having to defend".

Apparently that leaves out Teddy Lampkin, but still, he seemed quite pleased with the group.

Anyone remember what else he said?

In answer to another question, he also said that, with a game in Texas, they sent out a bunch of coaches recruiting last weekend, including three in Dallas, and one to Austin and San Antonio.

I'll have to check to see what players are in S.A.

If you listen carefully, you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 115

Re: CPR's Call In Show Last Night

Was the penalty and turnover issues discussed along with the bad officiating? Just wondering how many calls that constituted

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Coach Rhoads is not able to discuss the Big XII officiating and only commented that it was the same crew that was in Austin last year when we won. An interesting caller though asked what Cecil Rhoads had to say about the officiating which got Paul to laugh.

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,203
    Given: 3,795

Quote Originally Posted by CY ST8T View Post
    Coach Rhoads is not able to discuss the Big XII officiating and only commented that it was the same crew that was in Austin last year when we won. An interesting caller though asked what Cecil Rhoads had to say about the officiating which got Paul to laugh.
    Johnny Orr said on the radio after one particularly trying game that he couldn't comment on the officiating but his wife told him after the game that it was the worst officiating she had ever seen.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 252

24 recruits for 2011: 6 < 6'0", 1 @ 6'0", 3 @ 6'1", 3 @ 6'2", 4 @ 6'3", 4 @ 6'4", 3 @ 6'6" & 6'7".

Can add lbs to these frames, & many will likely continue to get even taller too.
    This is Rhoads philosophy - get faster/taller/better athletes into the program & develop. Do not play them right away & develop in the S&C program. Should they play right away, it will be due to being very mature as an athlete & football player. However, this will occur infrequently.

So far for 2012 - 13 commits: 2 @ 6'0", 4 @ 6'1", 2 @ 6'2", 4 @ 6'4", 1 @ 6'5".
    Not one below 6'0".

Patience, young grasshoppers.

“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times”-Bruce Lee

4 Point Plan

1. Start Up 2. Cash In 3. Sell Out 4. Bro Down