Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 75,546, Level: 85
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Messi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    654
    Points
    75,546
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 4

    For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    ESPN released their bowl projections after week 6 and Mark Schlabach and Brad Edwards still have us making a bowl game. Mark has us facing Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl and Brad has us playing Colorado State in the New Mexico bowl.

    I know we still have 7 games to play and 3 of those have to be wins to even qualify, but it's still nice to see the national media believes we will get there.


    Last edited by Messi; 10-09-2011 at 05:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 101,549, Level: 99
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,501
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,054
    Points
    101,549
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by Messi View Post
    ESPN released their bowl projections after week 6 and Mark Schlabach and Brad Edwards still have us making a bowl game. Mark has us facing Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl and Brad has us playing Colorado State in the New Mexico bowl.

    I know we still have 7 games to play and 3 of those have to be wins to even qualify, but it's still nice to see the national media believes we will get there.


    Two horrible destinations. But 6-6 teams can't be choosy.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Bowl is a bowl, even if it's one of those two.


    Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 33,839, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,676
    Points
    33,839
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    3 wins in 5 games, most would have taken that in august, I like how this team plays, schedule is brutal, but very possible to get 3 more....



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 471,374, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,851
    Points
    471,374
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 578
    Given: 400

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    3 wins in 5 games, most would have taken that in august, I like how this team plays, schedule is brutal, but very possible to get 3 more....
    Missouri, Texas Tech, and Kansas are all winnable games. I'm still not convinced K-State is as good as ESPN makes them out to be, and A&M has to come to our place and TT gave them a run for their $$$.

    I still think we can get to 6-6 or better, but JP might have to put in some competing offers with the refs just to get a fairly called game (I'm not even talking about them leaning in our direction)


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 50,934, Level: 69
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    AirWalke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,728
    Points
    50,934
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    We have a very slim margin. Seven games left, three I would deem unwinnable (OU, OSU, Texas A&M)... Four others are very uncertain. Kansas would be a must win, and we'd have to win 2 of 3 between Missouri, Kansas State, and Texas Tech.


    Go Sssssssssyclones!

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,174, Level: 56
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,076
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,179
    Points
    33,174
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    The only game I feel like a definite win left on the schedule is Kansas.

    Mizzou, K-State, and Tech are games we have a decent shot at winning.

    A&M, Okie State, and OU are games I think we have no shot at. But then again, Rhoads has proven that there is no such thing as a game we have no shot at.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    We have a very slim margin. Seven games left, three I would deem unwinnable (OU, OSU, Texas A&M)... Four others are very uncertain. Kansas would be a must win, and we'd have to win 2 of 3 between Missouri, Kansas State, and Texas Tech.
    For whatever reason, I don't see aTm at home on Homecoming to be unwinnable. I mean, c'mon man.


    Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 14,669, Level: 36
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rural Bremer County
    Posts
    632
    Points
    14,669
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    The only game I feel like a definite win left on the schedule is Kansas.

    Mizzou, K-State, and Tech are games we have a decent shot at winning.

    A&M, Okie State, and OU are games I think we have no shot at. But then again, Rhoads has proven that there is no such thing as a game we have no shot at.
    Yes there is. There is no shot at winning vs Oklahoma St or Oklahoma



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 33,174, Level: 56
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,076
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,179
    Points
    33,174
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by wsrgohawks View Post
    Yes there is. There is no shot at winning vs Oklahoma St or Oklahoma
    Many would have said we had no shot at winning at NU in 09 too



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 125,528, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,704
    Points
    125,528
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 67

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by wsrgohawks View Post
    Yes there is. There is no shot at winning vs Oklahoma St or Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State on the third Friday of November at 8 pm? Sounds good to me. The cold is a neutralizer dont care what anyone says.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 33,552, Level: 56
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,137
    Points
    33,552
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Oklahoma State on the third Friday of November at 8 pm? Sounds good to me. The cold is a neutralizer dont care what anyone says.
    Oh please. You make it sound like it's going to be Lambeau in January type conditions. The theory of weather getting to OSU is soooooooo overblown


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 33,552, Level: 56
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,137
    Points
    33,552
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 0

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    Many would have said we had no shot at winning at NU in 09 too
    Many would reply to your comment by telling you that Nebraska team wasn't as good as this year's OU or OSU teams


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 143,733, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    7,403
    Points
    143,733
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 457
    Given: 137

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Oh please. You make it sound like it's going to be Lambeau in January type conditions. The theory of weather getting to OSU is soooooooo overblown
    We don't know what the weather will be like, though. Let's hope for a massive blizzard.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 125,528, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,704
    Points
    125,528
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 67

    Re: For what it's worth, ESPN still has us making a Bowl

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Many would reply to your comment by telling you that Nebraska team wasn't as good as this year's OU or OSU teams
    Question have you ever played in 20 degree weather with a 20 mph wind?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM