Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    CyBer
    Guest

    Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Not sure if this has been posted or not, has anyone heard this?

    abaker6sports Andrew Baker



    #Aggies to pay 28 million dollar buy-out to leave #Big12 and join #SEC. Is #Missouri that driven to leave #Big12 and pay up?


    Last edited by CyBer; 10-06-2011 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 103,374, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,448
    Points
    103,374
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 7

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    I say we buy a newer, bigger scoreboard.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 101,531, Level: 99
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,519
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,178
    Points
    101,531
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 24

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBer View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted or not, has anyone heard this?

    #Aggies to pay 28 million dollar buy-out to leave #Big12 and join #SEC. Is #Missouri that driven to leave #Big12 and pay up?


    New thread for anonymous twitter reference? Really??



  4. #4
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    New thread for anonymous twitter reference? Really??
    Fixed.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,151, Level: 45
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    boone7247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Near the City
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    22,151
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 89

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    I say we buy a newer, bigger scoreboard.
    I say we buy a matching scoreboard to put on the south endzone. But make the supports the start of the south endzone porject.

    And of course yoga pants for all female student ticket holders.


    A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 103,374, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,448
    Points
    103,374
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 7

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by boone7247 View Post
    I say we buy a matching scoreboard to put on the south endzone. But make the supports the start of the south endzone porject.

    And of course yoga pants for all female student ticket holders.
    I think so.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 176,881, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,484
    Points
    176,881
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 506
    Given: 80

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    All this money would go towards the new football only building.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 96,387, Level: 96
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,568
    Points
    96,387
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 792
    Given: 181

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    They aren't paying us the $28 million. And the FOF is being paid for with bonds and AD revenues.



  9. #9
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Yeah I hope it didn't come across as them paying Iowa State.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 22,151, Level: 45
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    boone7247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Near the City
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    22,151
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 89

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Assuming Mizzou leaves and pays the same, which might be a little optimistic, but let me assume. That would be $56,000,000. Now I would think that would go to the remaining 8 members of the orginal B12 conference that would be $7,000,000 per team.

    So if aTm is leaving and paying this we will receive between $3.5 and $7 million. That pays for a lot of yoga pants my friends, a lot of yoga pants.


    A world without yoga pants and Planter's cheese balls, is a world I no longer want to live in.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 25,958, Level: 49
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 592
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,689
    Points
    25,958
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 195

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by boone7247 View Post
    I say we buy a matching scoreboard to put on the south endzone. But make the supports the start of the south endzone porject.

    And of course yoga pants for all female student ticket holders.
    Yikes, be careful what you wish for.


    Go Cyclones!!

  12. #12
    CyBer
    Guest

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    We could get golden yoga pants.



  13. #13
    Walk On
    Points: 7,949, Level: 26
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    t-noah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    174
    Points
    7,949
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by boone7247 View Post
    Assuming Mizzou leaves and pays the same, which might be a little optimistic, but let me assume. That would be $56,000,000. Now I would think that would go to the remaining 8 members of the orginal B12 conference that would be $7,000,000 per team.

    So if aTm is leaving and paying this we will receive between $3.5 and $7 million. That pays for a lot of yoga pants my friends, a lot of yoga pants.
    Hmm, my first thought w/ this is, OK, so that's $56M for Tx, OU, OSU, and Tech, right, and $0M for the rest of the Big 12. That's what happened when kNU and CU left, right? (sarcasm pirate here, but not really).

    I know it's one or two years later, but? A lot of good, giving the buyout $ did us then. Everyone stayed happy for about 1 year.

    IMO, TX, aggie, OU, OSU, Tech (I'm assuming these are the 5 that got the NU/CU buyout, am I right?) should be giving that $ (whatever it was) to the rest of the Big 12 members, equally. I know this won't happen probably, but sheesh! This conference is so dysfunctional.

    That said, I hope Mizzou stays. But from many points of view, I can understand what they are up to.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 143,714, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,385
    Points
    143,714
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by t-noah View Post
    Hmm, my first thought w/ this is, OK, so that's $56M for Tx, OU, OSU, and Tech, right, and $0M for the rest of the Big 12. That's what happened when kNU and CU left, right? (sarcasm pirate here, but not really).

    I know it's one or two years later, but? A lot of good, giving the buyout $ did us then. Everyone stayed happy for about 1 year.

    IMO, TX, aggie, OU, OSU, Tech (I'm assuming these are the 5 that got the NU/CU buyout, am I right?) should be giving that $ (whatever it was) to the rest of the Big 12 members, equally. I know this won't happen probably, but sheesh! This conference is so dysfunctional.

    That said, I hope Mizzou stays. But from many points of view, I can understand what they are up to.

    Your assumption is wrong. A&M is the only one that wanted to make sure they got money to reach the $20 mil threshold.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 52,822, Level: 71
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,228
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    HoopsTournament's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    2,751
    Points
    52,822
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 373

    Re: Aggies going to pay 28 million?

    Quote Originally Posted by t-noah View Post
    Hmm, my first thought w/ this is, OK, so that's $56M for Tx, OU, OSU, and Tech, right, and $0M for the rest of the Big 12. That's what happened when kNU and CU left, right? (sarcasm pirate here, but not really).

    I know it's one or two years later, but? A lot of good, giving the buyout $ did us then. Everyone stayed happy for about 1 year.

    IMO, TX, aggie, OU, OSU, Tech (I'm assuming these are the 5 that got the NU/CU buyout, am I right?) should be giving that $ (whatever it was) to the rest of the Big 12 members, equally. I know this won't happen probably, but sheesh! This conference is so dysfunctional.

    That said, I hope Mizzou stays. But from many points of view, I can understand what they are up to.
    Man nothing you say has any basis in reality. It's amazing how perception becomes reality for some people.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM