Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 124,807, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,653
    Points
    124,807
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 57

    Texas pushing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    ChipBrownOB Chip Brown



    As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

    55 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

    Chip Brown has been on top of all this the last month, he was the first one to suggest TCU was leading candidate for Big 12. I like this idea a lot.


    Last edited by UNIGuy4Cy; 10-06-2011 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,614, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,029
    Points
    302,614
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 735

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    It's a start.



  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 6,112, Level: 23
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    215
    Points
    6,112
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Chip Brown has been on top of all this the last month

    Whaaaa?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 404,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,102
    Points
    404,981
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 272
    Given: 117

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Best way to do that: Get a couple more big east schools in as full conference members to make staying in that league even less attractive.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 39,205, Level: 61
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,621
    Points
    39,205
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    ChipBrownOB Chip Brown



    As Big East destabilizes, sources tell Orangebloods.com Texas is pushing for Notre Dame to move its "other"sports to B12.

    55 seconds ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

    Chip Brown has been on top of all this the last month, he was the first one to suggest TCU was leading candidate for Big 12. I like this idea a lot.
    bad idea, Texas looking to set a president to stay in the conference but going independent in football.


    Let Me Mayor Coach!

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 100,451, Level: 98
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,359
    Points
    100,451
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Add Louisville and BYU to go to 12 and get ND to park their Olympic sports in the Big 12. Cathothics, Mormons, Baptists, and Christians. Boom conference saved.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 17,060, Level: 39
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    dtlantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    567
    Points
    17,060
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 26

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Chip Brown throws a lot of stuff at the wall, then takes credit when something sticks.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 19,993, Level: 43
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,582
    Points
    19,993
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

    Re: Texas pushing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    I posted this yesterday in another thread.

    Here is a thought for how to move forward with the Big 12 conference it has changed a little since MU is most likely leaving. I first heard this idea from Mitch Holtus the voice of the Chiefs. First the Big 12 needs to get back to 12 teams for football. Bring in Louisville, BYU, West Virginia, and TCU. You also open up the conference to allow Notre Dame’s non-football sports to play in the big 12 and then you bring in a school that doesn’t have a football program to balance out the conference like Marquette, DePaul, or Creighton so the Big 12 gets to a 14 team league for all other sports.

    Notre Dame would end up signing a 4 game deal with the Big 12 in football that they would play 4 teams from the big 12 every year. It would be on a 2 year rotation so they would end up playing every team in the conference over a six year span. Notre Dame would have their home games at their stadium and then their road games would be at Jerry’s world and Arrowhead. This would leave their schedule open to still play USC, MU, MSU, Navy and their other normal rivals. It would get them what they want about getting into Texas.

    This will get the Big 12 on more of a national stage with having Notre Dame associated with them. It will give ISU the opportunity to play them twice every six years. Notre Dame will begin to develop a relationship with big 12 teams that could lead to them joining in football down the road it is a great way to get the foot in the door. Just having ND associated with the Big 12 will stabilize it.

    Division 1
    ISU
    KSU
    KU
    OU
    OSU
    BYU
    Marquette – Basketball only (Or Creighton or DePaul)

    Division 2
    WVU
    Louisville
    TCU
    Texas
    Baylor
    TT
    Notre Dame – Basketball only


    Kyle S. Flander

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,132, Level: 64
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,506
    Points
    43,132
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 185

    Re: Texas pushing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    The only way I like this idea, is if we're able to bring in a couple of the other Bball only Big East memebers. Marquette and DePaul (although bad recently) would be great adds to the conference for Basketball and good offset bringing in a school like TCU. Plus it could help open up recruiting in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, which always has solid kids.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 46,681, Level: 66
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    PGreen ISU '92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Waukee, IA
    Posts
    2,149
    Points
    46,681
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas pushing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Chip Brown is as arrogant as they come. Personally, I do not like him. However, absolutely everything that he reports is 100% true and accurate at the time he reports it.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 124,807, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,653
    Points
    124,807
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 57

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    bad idea, Texas looking to set a president to stay in the conference but going independent in football.
    I dont see it that way. Texas obviously wants nothing to do with independence.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 80,800, Level: 88
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,150
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,337
    Points
    80,800
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 12

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    bad idea, Texas looking to set a president to stay in the conference but going independent in football.
    If Texas is going set a precedent by setting a president to stay in the conference, I vote for Taft. I am fine with that mustache staying in the conference.



  13. #13
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 302,614, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,029
    Points
    302,614
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 345
    Given: 735

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by RyCy04 View Post
    If Texas is going set a precedent by setting a president to stay in the conference, I vote for Taft. I am fine with that mustache staying in the conference.
    And isn't Taft from Cincinnati originally? Now it all adds up.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 44,832, Level: 65
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 718
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonefreak5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,224
    Points
    44,832
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12

    Re: Texas pushuing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    bad idea, Texas looking to set a president to stay in the conference but going independent in football.



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 28,311, Level: 51
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    hiwhatis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    799
    Points
    28,311
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Texas pushing ND to have all sports minus football in B12

    Quote Originally Posted by flander1649 View Post
    I posted this yesterday in another thread.

    Here is a thought for how to move forward with the Big 12 conference it has changed a little since MU is most likely leaving. I first heard this idea from Mitch Holtus the voice of the Chiefs. First the Big 12 needs to get back to 12 teams for football. Bring in Louisville, BYU, West Virginia, and TCU. You also open up the conference to allow Notre Dame’s non-football sports to play in the big 12 and then you bring in a school that doesn’t have a football program to balance out the conference like Marquette, DePaul, or Creighton so the Big 12 gets to a 14 team league for all other sports.

    Notre Dame would end up signing a 4 game deal with the Big 12 in football that they would play 4 teams from the big 12 every year. It would be on a 2 year rotation so they would end up playing every team in the conference over a six year span. Notre Dame would have their home games at their stadium and then their road games would be at Jerry’s world and Arrowhead. This would leave their schedule open to still play USC, MU, MSU, Navy and their other normal rivals. It would get them what they want about getting into Texas.

    This will get the Big 12 on more of a national stage with having Notre Dame associated with them. It will give ISU the opportunity to play them twice every six years. Notre Dame will begin to develop a relationship with big 12 teams that could lead to them joining in football down the road it is a great way to get the foot in the door. Just having ND associated with the Big 12 will stabilize it.

    Division 1
    ISU
    KSU
    KU
    OU
    OSU
    BYU
    Marquette – Basketball only (Or Creighton or DePaul)

    Division 2
    WVU
    Louisville
    TCU
    Texas
    Baylor
    TT
    Notre Dame – Basketball only
    I really like this idea! You should email JP!


    "It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM