View Poll Results: If you ran the Big 12 and Mizzou wanted back in, would you tell them:

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way...GTFO.

    23 16.79%
  • Yes, let's hug it out, b!tch! Now sign the rights deal.

    114 83.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    643
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    If Mizzou crawls back...

    Hypothetical situation...if Mizzou, well, pulls a "Mizzou" and somehow manages NOT to go to the SEC, they'll probably still want to stay in the Big 12. If you ran the conference, would you tell them:

    1) No way, GTFO.

    2) Yes...let's hug it out, b!tch! Now sign the rights deal.

    (sorry if this doesn't post as a poll...it's late and I have no idea what I'm doing!)



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 14,825, Level: 36
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    379
    Points
    14,825
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    I really want the MIZZ to be back but don't flatter yourself.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 54,718, Level: 72
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,454
    Points
    54,718
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    It would be foolish to tell mizzu off.


    There is too much history, and rivalry between Iowa State and the tigers.

    They will have to sign all of the necessary agreements, and then we need to stablize the conference for the long haul.

    I don't blame mizzu at all for examining what their options. But leaving for the sec is completely illogical. You don't fit culturally, geographically, academically, etc in that conference. aggy doesn't either, but they are pretty insecure about themselves.

    I just don't understand the desire to diminish all that has been built by Pinkel for the sake of sticking it (or emptying your bowels) to UT.



  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 6,943, Level: 24
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    BuzzBuzzBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    AMES
    Posts
    169
    Points
    6,943
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    The problem I have is Mizzou will ALWAYS be looking for the better deal for themselves. Much like a pathological cheater in a relationship - they'll never be committed to the Big XII.

    That's why they've gotta move on...



  5. #5
    Prospect
    Points: 5,877, Level: 22
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    48
    Points
    5,877
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Has Missouri left yet? No. For all we know they're doing the same thing that Oklahoma did. Yes it causes instability for the time being but it caused the conference to renegotiate TV contracts and ISU to get millions more in revenue.

    Once the Pac-12 said no to the Oklahomas it sort of killed any leverage they had. For all we know Mizzou could be pulling the same stunt. It sucks because it makes things look unstable, and for all we know they really might be. Either that or they have a good poker face and are using their leverage to further equalize distribution.

    IF Missouri actually leaves, I don't think they'd want to come back. But for now they haven't left, they simply said the same thing Oklahoma did a few weeks back. Let things ride out before you get up in arms, things are bound to work out. And for all we know it might work out FAR better than before.

    With Oklahoma pulling the "instability" stunt a few weeks back we benefited greatly. ISU, Baylor, and KSU probably benefited from it more than either of the Oklahomas did. Lets see if this stunt Missouri pulls hurts us before we go on a witch hunt.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 2,350, Level: 13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    52
    Points
    2,350
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Because of the TV market that Missouri brings to the table I am not quite sure why the Big 10 is not interested in them. I feel that the Big 10 is a much better fit.

    It is too bad that Iowa State does not have a larger viewing audience to bring to the table because it seems like that is the only thing that does not make Iowa State more attractive to an elite conference like the Big 10. If the Big 10 ever did invite Iowa State to join I would hope that would be an easy decision.

    This big TV deal that the Big 12 is ready to agree on still gives Texas all of the revenue for the Longhorn Network. So Texas still has the advantage in revenue.

    If Iowa State were in Missouri's shoes my vote would be to leave also.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 28,634, Level: 51
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,957
    Points
    28,634
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewdm View Post
    Because of the TV market that Missouri brings to the table I am not quite sure why the Big 10 is not interested in them. I feel that the Big 10 is a much better fit.

    It is too bad that Iowa State does not have a larger viewing audience to bring to the table because it seems like that is the only thing that does not make Iowa State more attractive to an elite conference like the Big 10. If the Big 10 ever did invite Iowa State to join I would hope that would be an easy decision.

    This big TV deal that the Big 12 is ready to agree on still gives Texas all of the revenue for the Longhorn Network. So Texas still has the advantage in revenue.

    If Iowa State were in Missouri's shoes my vote would be to leave also.
    The Big Ten wants ND, and doesn't want to gain another school and sit at 13 if ND doesn't want to join. Yeah, we sat at 11 for a while, so we could sit at 13, but it would be tougher to do scheduling with 13. Also, you have to deal with the issue of the odd team when it comes to the B1G Championship game (which I'm sure the B1G is counting on to bring in tons of money). If there was some guarantee ND was coming to the Big Ten, I think you'd see them take Missouri in a heartbeat. I think we'd take Mizzou over the East coast schools, as it would bring TVs and be a better fit. But then again, there is no such thing as logic when it comes to conference expansion.


    Last edited by edr247; 10-06-2011 at 06:36 AM.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 128,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,943
    Points
    128,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 201
    Given: 102

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    I am sick of hearing the Big 10 wants ND. Well good for the Big 10 because they will never want you. NEVER according to their insiders. As for the national appeal for Mizzou they just dont bring it for the Big 10. ISU and Mizzou get into the Big 10 as filler teams. Big 10 already has the St Louis market because of Illinios and the KC market because of Nebraska. Mizzou plays 3rd fiddle in the state.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Points: 2,350, Level: 13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    52
    Points
    2,350
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    If the SEC invited Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State they would have a 16 team conference. Then Texas will be forced to either give up their coveted Longhorn Network to join another conference or go independent.

    If this does happen we can blame the break up of the Big 12 on the greed of Texas.

    For Iowa State's sake I hope the Big 12 survives losing Missouri but not sure that it will.



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 2,350, Level: 13
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    52
    Points
    2,350
    Level
    13
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    I am sick of hearing the Big 10 wants ND. Well good for the Big 10 because they will never want you. NEVER according to their insiders. As for the national appeal for Mizzou they just dont bring it for the Big 10. ISU and Mizzou get into the Big 10 as filler teams. Big 10 already has the St Louis market because of Illinios and the KC market because of Nebraska. Mizzou plays 3rd fiddle in the state.
    UNIGuy do you know where the University of Illinois is? I would not say that they already have the St. Louis market when they are in Eastern Illinois.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 98,496, Level: 97
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,982
    Points
    98,496
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 128

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Mizzou now has a chance to be a big time player in the big xii. They'll never have that in the secsecsec. I think, and hope, (and pray), they stay.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 98,496, Level: 97
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,982
    Points
    98,496
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 128

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikewdm View Post
    UNIGuy do you know where the University of Illinois is? I would not say that they already have the St. Louis market when they are in Eastern Illinois.
    The fact is st louis is not a college sports town, but it is as much an illini town as a tigers town.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 38,107, Level: 60
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 943
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MaccloNe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,010
    Points
    38,107
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 23

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Quote Originally Posted by Skipple View Post
    Has Missouri left yet? No. For all we know they're doing the same thing that Oklahoma did. Yes it causes instability for the time being but it caused the conference to renegotiate TV contracts and ISU to get millions more in revenue.

    Once the Pac-12 said no to the Oklahomas it sort of killed any leverage they had. For all we know Mizzou could be pulling the same stunt. It sucks because it makes things look unstable, and for all we know they really might be. Either that or they have a good poker face and are using their leverage to further equalize distribution.

    IF Missouri actually leaves, I don't think they'd want to come back. But for now they haven't left, they simply said the same thing Oklahoma did a few weeks back. Let things ride out before you get up in arms, things are bound to work out. And for all we know it might work out FAR better than before.

    With Oklahoma pulling the "instability" stunt a few weeks back we benefited greatly. ISU, Baylor, and KSU probably benefited from it more than either of the Oklahomas did. Lets see if this stunt Missouri pulls hurts us before we go on a witch hunt.
    You are giving the red headed step child way to much credit.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 19,537, Level: 42
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,636
    Points
    19,537
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 3

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Eh, just go back to 12 teams and put them in the South Division



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 257,367, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,855
    Points
    257,367
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 687
    Given: 564

    Re: If Mizzou crawls back...

    Read their board. I hate them and want to see them leave.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM