Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Dear ISU Football Marketing Department:

--Smoke on the Water....ehhhhh. You can't dance to it and you can't clap to it. Wierd. Good for 7th grad guitar lessons and burnt out hippies to get fired up for, bad for football. I guess it would be OK as an intro to another, more exuberant and dependable theme song for jock rock.

--Quit the stupid "first down" thing. To dovetail with all the "Act like you been there before" with our idiot ball players who invite taunting and unsportsmanship penalties, this is just bush league. The message is: our fans are too dumb to know how to cheer and clap, lets que theme. Just stupid.

--No more Neil Diamond until after the game....like 2 hours after the game.

--build more bathrooms. Design them to not actually increase the gridlock in the concourse food lines. I don't know if I can even go to capacity crowd games anymore this has gotten so ridiculous.

--If coach Rhoads won't do it, please invest in a course--even a one hour lunch seminar-- that when the scoreboard shows that you are behind, you do not act like a a#$%^le every time you make a play. Hitting a reciever who is not looking in the back is not a play, and does not warrant hip hop dancing or prison hand gestures. You will sell more tickets next year when we know the young men we are fielding aren't idiots.

What a wasted opportunity last Saturday was.....Texas is good, but there were too many players who did rise to the occaision to be let down by the few who failed.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 199

Re: Dear ISU Football Marketing Department:

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyhappyclone View Post
    --Smoke on the Water....ehhhhh. You can't dance to it and you can't clap to it. Wierd. Good for 7th grad guitar lessons and burnt out hippies to get fired up for, bad for football. I guess it would be OK as an intro to another, more exuberant and dependable theme song for jock rock.
    I would agree, but its a Rhoads thing, its not going anywhere most likely. They did however improve the timing a lot from last game to this one, shortening it down so that it started right when they were ready to come through the doors.

--Quit the stupid "first down" thing. To dovetail with all the "Act like you been there before" with our idiot ball players who invite taunting and unsportsmanship penalties, this is just bush league. The message is: our fans are too dumb to know how to cheer and clap, lets que theme. Just stupid.
    I wont agree with everything in this paragraph, but yeah, the first down thing... meh. Its cool when we're rolling, when we're having a bad game it can be a negative thing.

havent they switched that to after the game once we've won now? Im not sure i remember it on saturday.

--build more bathrooms. Design them to not actually increase the gridlock in the concourse food lines. I don't know if I can even go to capacity crowd games anymore this has gotten so ridiculous.
    Another reason the SEZ project needs to get done at some point. That will likely include additional concessions and restrooms.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

--If coach Rhoads won't do it, please invest in a course--even a one hour lunch seminar-- that when the scoreboard shows that you are behind, you do not act like a a#$%^le every time you make a play. Hitting a reciever who is not looking in the back is not a play, and does not warrant hip hop dancing or prison hand gestures. You will sell more tickets next year when we know the young men we are fielding aren't idiots.

What a wasted opportunity last Saturday was.....Texas is good, but there were too many players who did rise to the occaision to be let down by the few who failed.
    You have some points in your post, but all credibility is lost with your nonsense. Smoke on the Water is Coach Rhoads choice its been discussed in much detail here previously.

The first down thing is very common, I'm not sure how many college games you attend but winning programs do this as well, crowd interaction is a good thing and people get behind it.

Neil Diamond- get over it, people like it.

Agree we look like idiots at times, we need to get our heads out of our *****. But its impossible to sell more tickets, all games have been sell outs.

Rookie
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

1. I agree that Smoke on the Water kills the mood, but obviously it's Rhoads' choice.
    2. Absolutely wrong about Sweet Caroline. The entire student section gets into it and I know other members of the crowd do too. They only play it while ahead starting the fourth quarter or after a win, and the only people who don't know that are the ones who hate it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 923
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 7

You have all or your answers already. They have changed to only playing sweet caroline after the game and we won, just because we aren't playing your rap doesn't mean people other people don't like and have fun with it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 29

Something I would like to add to your list: Please no more ****** rap music that mentions raping people, blowing them away with a chopper, etc. I know many of the players listen to this, but there are many other rap songs to get them up for the game that aren't comedically terrible. Almost wanted to throw up listening to some of that crap before the game.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 128

Guys, you suck. Really. We are 3 and fricking 1. There was a time, like 4 games ago, where that was pretty fricking good. Nit picking tards.

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

One of the biggest problems with Smoke on the Water is the poor editing job. If you have to loop a song, at least make sure the beat matches on both sides of the splice. The crowd has enough trouble clapping to a beat as it is (see: Iowa State Fight Song).

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,084
    Given: 227

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone87 View Post
    Something I would like to add to your list: Please no more ****** rap music that mentions raping people, blowing them away with a chopper, etc. I know many of the players listen to this, but there are many other rap songs to get them up for the game that aren't comedically terrible. Almost wanted to throw up listening to some of that crap before the game.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I'm a nobody season ticket holder for 20 years and have seen some serious ******** going over the sound system. "Smoke on the Water" is Rhoads's choice of entry music. Do I like it? Honestly I can think of better tunes to play for an opening.
    As for the "Sweet Caroline" tune, I like the way it has been moved to the end of games if we win. This song has been around for many of years with no chance of leaving.

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,404
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 56

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone87 View Post
    I personally love it!

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,404
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 56

Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    You have all or your answers already. They have changed to only playing sweet caroline after the game and we won, just because we aren't playing your rap doesn't mean people other people don't like and have fun with it.
    They haven't changed it to only after the game. It's still played if we are ahead starting the 4th quarter (If we're losing it's living on a prayer - same as last year).

KCCO

Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

All-Star
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 4

Your name and this post don't correlate well

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think

Iowa State University Big XII champs 2012 ***official CF PS3 Online Dynasty***

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Really?

I believe your fandom should be taken away sir. Is a bathroom line really going to keep you away from a packed Jack? If that is the case, I don't want you there anyways!

All-Star
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    I personally love it!