Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Bottom line....

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 25,836, Level: 49
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    25,836
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 24

    Bottom line....

    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 135,899, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    4200'50"N 93
    Posts
    3,815
    Points
    135,899
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 15

    Re: Bottom line....

    Well... I don't think we gave Baylor anything on film to worry about.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,253, Level: 68
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    4,011
    Points
    49,253
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 194

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyclone Brian View Post
    Well... I don't think we gave Baylor anything on film to worry about.

    As long as baylor can keep robert griffin healthy the bears dont have to worry about a thing...

    esp playing in Waco TX



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 14,209, Level: 36
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    628
    Points
    14,209
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 21

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 14,209, Level: 36
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    628
    Points
    14,209
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 21

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 64,363, Level: 78
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    64,363
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

    Re: Bottom line....

    I don't think you have any right to say that about the team. You have not idea the mentality they had when they stepped on the field.


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 113,675, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,820
    Points
    113,675
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 94

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.
    Keep in mind that Texas is MUCH better than last year - the coaching changes that Brown made, epecially in the coordinators, have made a big difference in their play.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 25,836, Level: 49
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    25,836
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 24

    Re: Bottom line....

    Did you guys not watch the game? LOL



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 25,836, Level: 49
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    25,836
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 24

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    I don't think you have any right to say that about the team. You have not idea the mentality they had when they stepped on the field.
    I have the right to say whatever I want.

    I have not idea???? What does that even mean? lol



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 26,851, Level: 50
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    904
    Points
    26,851
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    I have the right to say whatever I want.

    I have not idea???? What does that even mean? lol
    The question Redline is whether YOU even watched the game. We started the UT game the same way we have started every game this year. It wasn't UT and it wasn't because we won last year. You're wrong so just grow up. This team played hard and if it wasn't for the mistakes would have been right in the game with even a chance to win. We lost because of the mistakes not because of any sense of entitlement.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,579, Level: 68
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,961
    Points
    49,579
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 6

    Re: Bottom line....

    Well, they started this game no differently than they started the other three... they just fell into a deeper hole!



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 356,307, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,956
    Points
    356,307
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 43

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.
    No they didn't. Quit being overdramatic and quit trying to find things that aren't there. Physically, we matched up with them. You can't turn the ball over three times in the first quarter and beat a team like Texas. As far as I could tell, the guys were ready to play. It's not like they didn't try. They just made mistakes.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 47,565, Level: 67
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,520
    Points
    47,565
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 2

    Re: Bottom line....

    It wasn't mentality. It was the turnovers and mental mistakes and penalties that lost the game. Texas is a very good team. The refs didn't help but they didn't beat us either. Our o-line was shot which made it even harder to get things going on offense.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 58,038, Level: 74
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    2,377
    Points
    58,038
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 0

    Re: Bottom line....

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
    The players came out last night like they were entitled a win. They believed because we beat them in their house last year, that they could just show up and win. CPR needs to clean this up ASAP.
    You need some more misplaced cliches... like They wanted it more than we did. We came out flat. The refs have ALWAYS had it in for ISU. The crowd left at halftime and the players felt sad.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,717, Level: 68
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,976
    Points
    49,717
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 10

    Re: Bottom line....

    The fact is we moved the ball against Texas all night as the 380 yards in offense showed. And 3 late flag and questionable penalties alone took away about 150 yards and two touchdowns we could have had, so this was not a physical mismatch at all as our games with texas often are. Turnovers gave the Texas offense plenty of help and penalties gave the texas defense plenty of help, and that's got to be corrrected.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM