Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

3 and 1 after 4...

Hey it was a tough game to watch tonight but this thing's not over by a long shot.

I was praying for 2-2 at this point before the season began but felt realistically 1-3 was a definite possibility.

Without the turnovers and penalties this would have been a very good game. Our Cyclones weren't overmatched physically on the field tonight and that's definitely something positive for the players (and fans) to appreciate.

When the team watches the film they will learn the difference turnovers and penalties had on this game they can and WILL make adjustments to their attitudes and priorities.

Plenty of big games coming up and if they can shore up these two areas our Cyclones will have plenty of chances to succeed.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 731
    Given: 1,248

Re: 3 and 1 after 4...

We're gonna be TO prone. It's just how it is. But when the D/otherh team keep us in it...watch out. Steele will do work when it counts.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Re: 3 and 1 after 4...

Agree. In most lopsided ISU games I've felt over matched by the other teams. Last night I felt physically we were equals and had as much talent as the other team. This is a huge step for me. Now I am not saying I think the mental errors are forgivable, but it's clear this team has made huge strides over the last couple years in developing their skills and bodies to compete at a D1 level.

I really think we outplayed TX despite the score, granted that had we not made all the mistakes, maybe TX would have scored anyways and been more aggressive in the second half. But I think if we played them again next week, I'd think we have a good shot in beating them.

It was a golden opportunity lost, one that ISU hasn't really ever made in the past. So nothing new there, but again what was new to me is that we matched up to a big time program last night.