Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Brock Dagel

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Points: 7,158, Level: 25
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Beerbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    114
    Points
    7,158
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Brock Dagel

    I know that I probably don't have the minimum posts to start a thread, but I can't sing this guy's praise enough. He is one of the most humble and insightful guys that I have ever met. He isn't content to stay where he is at on the scout team and I am confident in saying that seeing his work ethic and size first hand that he will make the starting team by the time he graduates. What are your thoughts on this freshman? I know that it would be great to get the offensive line pipeline to the NFL that Iowa seems to have and I think that this pipeline has to start with the corn-fed instate lineman.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,120, Level: 78
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,978
    Points
    64,120
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 838

    Re: Brock Dagel

    255 is WAAAAAY underweight for an O Lineman, what's his work ethic? Can he gain 40 lbs in muscle while I'm guessing he redshirts?

    #72 Brock Dagel
    Position: Offensive Line Height: 6'7" Weight: 255


    John Walters is my hero

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 100,137, Level: 98
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    9,027
    Points
    100,137
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,355
    Given: 2,358

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    255 is WAAAAAY underweight for an O Lineman, what's his work ethic? Can he gain 40 lbs in muscle while I'm guessing he redshirts?

    #72 Brock Dagel
    Position: Offensive Line Height: 6'7" Weight: 255
    Doesn't have to be all muscle...



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,374, Level: 62
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,799
    Points
    41,374
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Brock Dagel

    255 is not WAYYYY underweight for an OL recruit, unless you expect him to play his first year.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 22,058, Level: 45
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,429
    Points
    22,058
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUonthemove View Post
    255 is not WAYYYY underweight for an OL recruit, unless you expect him to play his first year.

    He said by the time he graduates.

    6'7" Frame - WOW - that's a Monster.

    I would expect him to be at 280 by next year and pushing for starting time.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 138,072, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    joefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    6,620
    Points
    138,072
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 1,298

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Brock has great feet for a guy his size, and was a pretty good bball player too. If he cannot put on adequate weight, he can go back to playing DE where he was in high school, but I think we all will be surprised at how he will turn out. He comes from a good family, and he works his tail off.


    "Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 91,982, Level: 94
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,168
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,406
    Points
    91,982
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 12

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbrat View Post
    I know that I probably don't have the minimum posts to start a thread, but I can't sing this guy's praise enough. He is one of the most humble and insightful guys that I have ever met. He isn't content to stay where he is at on the scout team and I am confident in saying that seeing his work ethic and size first hand that he will make the starting team by the time he graduates. What are your thoughts on this freshman? I know that it would be great to get the offensive line pipeline to the NFL that Iowa seems to have and I think that this pipeline has to start with the corn-fed instate lineman.
    Was it Dagel or Lalk that didn't play basketball their senior year in order to have a minor surgery to be ready for football. Heck of a sacrifice by a kid to do that, but shows the commitment to Rhoads' plan for him.


    "Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

    -Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 205,536, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    9,941
    Points
    205,536
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,547
    Given: 0

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Sounds like another Ben Lamaak to me. Lamaak was about the same size in HS and played TE and QB on the football team and started at center on the basketball team.

    I LOVE taking an athletic kid at this size that has quick feet, and then adding some weight to become a dominant OL. I prefer that to taking a kid that weighs over 300 lbs in HS, but is slow and not very athletic at all.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 370,911, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    22,037
    Points
    370,911
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,140
    Given: 216

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    Was it Dagel or Lalk that didn't play basketball their senior year in order to have a minor surgery to be ready for football. Heck of a sacrifice by a kid to do that, but shows the commitment to Rhoads' plan for him.
    Lalk


    This is very important:

    2014-15 KenPom AdjO (rating)
    116.3 (11)

    2015-16 KenPom AdjO (rating
    120.7 (3)

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 102,384, Level: 99
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,226
    Points
    102,384
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 267

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Dagel is a ways from playing, but if he keeps working hard and putting on weight, he will see some time. Probably 275 by next season, 290 as a RS Soph. Two years from now is the earliest I could see him playing, but that's not unusual for OLs.



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Points: 5,769, Level: 22
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lake in the Hizzle, IL
    Posts
    36
    Points
    5,769
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Brock Dagel

    He's an athletic kid. I believe he was on the McDonald's BB All American team as an alternate. He's also pretty smart, majoring in Engineering. Give him some time, He'll be starting by the time he's a Senior.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 56,186, Level: 73
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 864
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,323
    Points
    56,186
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 24

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by joefrog View Post
    Brock has great feet for a guy his size, and was a pretty good bball player too. If he cannot put on adequate weight, he can go back to playing DE where he was in high school, but I think we all will be surprised at how he will turn out. He comes from a good family, and he works his tail off.
    I've been thinking he's the best lineman in this class for a while. He absolutely dominated in his video. I'll be surprised if he doesn't become good.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 7,158, Level: 25
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Beerbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    114
    Points
    7,158
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: Brock Dagel

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Dagel is a ways from playing, but if he keeps working hard and putting on weight, he will see some time. Probably 275 by next season, 290 as a RS Soph. Two years from now is the earliest I could see him playing, but that's not unusual for OLs.
    Brock knows that he probably won't start next year, but he is using his redshirt year to the fullest by learning from KO and putting on as much weight as possible. I don't think that we should be surprised if cracks the two deeps by either next year or his redshirt sophomore year.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,711, Level: 63
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,239
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cyclonez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames/Coralville
    Posts
    4,881
    Points
    41,711
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 40

    Re: Brock Dagel

    He's got the same frame as Jacob Gannon who was also only 255 coming out of high school. Gannon put on some weight during his redshirt year and is now getting some playing time. I think we will probably see some of the same from Dagel.



  15. #15
    Prospect
    Points: 2,641, Level: 14
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    wyldeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38
    Points
    2,641
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Brock Dagel

    I heard over the weekend that he has gained 30lbs since the middle of June and is now at 280lbs.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM