Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 366
    Given: 597

ANF

Why did America Needs Farmers team with the Iowa Hawkeyes? Dumbest thing I've heard all week.

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,346
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 123

Re: ANF

The squawks have been wearing those stupid stickers for decades. It started under Hayden Fry and most ISU fans think it was a jab at ISU, being the ag school and all.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,887
    Given: 897

You heard about 1984 this week? Not sure when they started it, but it's been a long, long time.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

You see, Iowa puts a sticker on their football helmets to promote Iowa agriculture. ISU has entire college devoted to it. We don't need stickers.

Addict
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    You heard about 1984 this week? Not sure when they started it, but it's been a long, long time.
    Well hard to hear about it in 1984 when I wasn't alive. Never heard that before because I'm always paying more attention cheering on the team they are playing. Just saw a commercial and couldn't understand the logic. I don't follow anything Hawkeye.

Starter
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    Well hard to hear about it in 1984 when I wasn't alive. Never heard that before because I'm always paying more attention cheering on the team they are playing. Just saw a commercial and couldn't understand the logic. I don't follow anything Hawkeye.

Nate,

You're ok for not knowing what anf means...I'm pretty sure that most hok-i fans don't understand it or know what it truly stands for either because most of them, like yourself, were probably not around when they put those stickers on their helmets. Simply put, there is NO LOGIC behind it coming from a university that has literally nothing to do with agriculture. Keep up the good work by not following anything hok-i and you will be just fine.

Signed - brother bob

Cyclone fan since 1964 and proud of it!

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Starter
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 872
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 161

Personally, with all the realignment talk going on...I think the ISU squad should put ANL stickers on their helmets. You know, for America Needs Layers.

Good times on Hawkeyenation.com after the 2010 Wisconsin Game!

All-Star
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

They took them off for a while I remember. I can't remember when that was. Always felt a land grant college didn't need to put a " nifty" sticker on their helmet to say they felt agriculture was important. As a farmer, I do well up with tears when I see their stickers because it shows they care so much.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by brother bob View Post
    Nate,

You're ok for not knowing what anf means...I'm pretty sure that most hok-i fans don't understand it or know what it truly stands for either because most of them, like yourself, were probably not around when they put those stickers on their helmets. Simply put, there is NO LOGIC behind it coming from a university that has literally nothing to do with agriculture. Keep up the good work by not following anything hok-i and you will be just fine.

Signed - brother bob
    *Sigh*

There is perfect logic behind it. What better way than to generate support of the state behind a program than to appeal to the state's largest demographic?

Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

And thank you Stumpy for this:

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 22

ANAL

America Needs Another Lawyer.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 175

ANF has been an Iowa thing for years. It is different this year since the Iowa Farm Bureau is teaming with them to support this.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 175

Here is the email I got back from IFB after sending them a email on this issue and how I think they need to be more visable supporting ISU the ag college in the state.

Thanks so much for your email. As you know, supporting Iowa agriculture is a number one priority for the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation. Today it is more important than ever to get our agricultural message to consumers who are now 2-3 times removed from the farm. There is a growing disconnect with consumers and the farmers who grow and raise the food they eat. That’s why we partner with several different organizations and groups across the state to tell ag’s story in a way the consumer can understand.
    Our partnership with U of Iowa and their ANF mark is just one of the many ways we do that. Over the years, we have also partnered with Iowa State on several initiatives (some of which are very visual and others that are behind the scenes) - - but none the less our commitment to Iowa State University runs deep.
    The Iowa Farm Bureau Federation (IFBF) has made a significant impact on the Iowa State University campus over the past 30 years. The organization has supported student clubs and events throughout campus, and through ISU Extension and 4-H has championed youth and rural programming throughout the state. IFBF has both directly and indirectly improved the lives of Iowa State students through program support, scholarships, and capital projects.
    The organization’s first gift to Iowa State came more than 30 years ago to support the Meat Judging Contest in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, a program IFBF continues to support today. Since then, IFBF has made more than $3.2 million in contributions to the university.
    Among those with the most significant impact are a $1 million gift to the 4-H/Extension Building, $500,000 for the Animal Science Intensive Livestock Building, and $100,000 toward the construction of the Dr. W. Eugene and Linda Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center. IFBF also has supported other Iowa State programs, including the ISU Science Fair, the Borlaug Learning Center, and scholarships and graduate fellowships in the Colleges of Business, Human Sciences, and Agriculture and Life Sciences.
    In addition, a $1 million gift to Iowa State’s Bioeconomy Initiative by IFBF created the Iowa Farm Bureau Director of Biorenewables Program faculty position, a post currently held by Robert Brown. This gift has provided the funding to support staffing and research and has been instrumental in retaining Brown at Iowa State.
    And most recently, Iowa Farm Bureau has partnered with the ISU Cyclones to bring a new concession stand to Jack Trice Stadium this year which provides unique food items (pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, etc.) and an Iowa farm/consumer education messages through farmer trading cards. The name of the stand is Iowa Farm Bureau’s Home Grown Grill. I hope this clears up some of your concern regarding our support of Iowa State University and its importance to agriculture.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 74

Lets all get worked up about a sticker with three letters on it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 996
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 92

ANG&L

All truisms are false. All of them.

Addict
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Here is the email I got back from IFB after sending them a email on this issue and how I think they need to be more visable supporting ISU the ag college in the state.

Thanks so much for your email. As you know, supporting Iowa agriculture is a number one priority for the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation. Today it is more important than ever to get our agricultural message to consumers who are now 2-3 times removed from the farm. There is a growing disconnect with consumers and the farmers who grow and raise the food they eat. Thatís why we partner with several different organizations and groups across the state to tell agís story in a way the consumer can understand.
    Our partnership with U of Iowa and their ANF mark is just one of the many ways we do that. Over the years, we have also partnered with Iowa State on several initiatives (some of which are very visual and others that are behind the scenes) - - but none the less our commitment to Iowa State University runs deep.
    The Iowa Farm Bureau Federation (IFBF) has made a significant impact on the Iowa State University campus over the past 30 years. The organization has supported student clubs and events throughout campus, and through ISU Extension and 4-H has championed youth and rural programming throughout the state. IFBF has both directly and indirectly improved the lives of Iowa State students through program support, scholarships, and capital projects.
    The organizationís first gift to Iowa State came more than 30 years ago to support the Meat Judging Contest in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, a program IFBF continues to support today. Since then, IFBF has made more than $3.2 million in contributions to the university.
    Among those with the most significant impact are a $1 million gift to the 4-H/Extension Building, $500,000 for the Animal Science Intensive Livestock Building, and $100,000 toward the construction of the Dr. W. Eugene and Linda Lloyd Veterinary Medical Center. IFBF also has supported other Iowa State programs, including the ISU Science Fair, the Borlaug Learning Center, and scholarships and graduate fellowships in the Colleges of Business, Human Sciences, and Agriculture and Life Sciences.
    In addition, a $1 million gift to Iowa Stateís Bioeconomy Initiative by IFBF created the Iowa Farm Bureau Director of Biorenewables Program faculty position, a post currently held by Robert Brown. This gift has provided the funding to support staffing and research and has been instrumental in retaining Brown at Iowa State.
    And most recently, Iowa Farm Bureau has partnered with the ISU Cyclones to bring a new concession stand to Jack Trice Stadium this year which provides unique food items (pulled pork sandwiches, corn on the cob, etc.) and an Iowa farm/consumer education messages through farmer trading cards. The name of the stand is Iowa Farm Bureauís Home Grown Grill. I hope this clears up some of your concern regarding our support of Iowa State University and its importance to agriculture.
    Very clarifying of the issue, thanks.