Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

The Implosion has started

Former kNU players Buckhalter, Abdul Muhammad, Rashaun Parker and a few others from the championship teams want all kNU defensive players to turn in their blackshirts and that the name "blackshirts" be retired. "They are an embarrassment to the blackshirt name."

People are (finally) questioning getting rid of Pelini and getting Cosgrove. If not Callahan at least fire Cosgrove or AD Peterson for letting this happen.

But the best interview of the day on sports talk radio out of Omaha, was with "Mr. Raider" Tim Brown. He said while the players didn't care that much for Callahan, they would have still played for him - but he "tanked." He wanted out of Oakland and the best way to do it was quit coaching - that's when the players quit.

The Raiders didn't quit Callahan - he quit them.

The old school huskers are really rocking the boat...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 606
    Given: 389

Re: The Implosion has started

Apparently the linebackers were always headed to wrong direction or they had a linemen in their face. The freshman USC center and right guard woned the line. McKewon was inept. Tierre Green avoided tackling.

Bill says he will see them in full pads this week to practice tackling. Bill indicated his players did not perform well. Not the staff so much.

Some people were saying the holes were wide enough for a fat man to crawl through.

Yes, just another Blue Monday in omaha listening to the high expectations of the Nebraska Red fans.

They still expect to smash ISU and Ball State to make themselves feel better.

Marlon Lucky was questioned as to his manhood at times on the call-ins.

Hey, they just lost to the No 1 team on national TV. What did they expect? They held USC to less than 50.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 169

On the field I see some similarities in weaknesses with kNu and EIU...Honestly if we play up to potential and keep believing in Chizik's ways, ISU can have a good chance to go into Lincoln and take down the huskers. Not ready to lock up a win, but it could be a distinct possibility.

GO CYCLONES!!! BEAT TOLEDO!

ISU license plates, just $50 at: http://www.iamvd.com/ovs/plates/index.htm
    "I am so proud to be your football coach!" - Paul Rhoads

HOI-BALL!!!

Rookie
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

I don't see the NU game in Lincoln as either a lock or "distinct possibility." Make no mistake about it, recent history in Lincoln doesn't mirror ISU at home vs. EIU. I see a chance, but it'd be a longer shot than what happened on Saturday, no doubt in my mind. Let's hope this win springboards the team into having a confidence on gameday they haven't had yet and they take that "swagger" into first Toledo and then memorial stadium.

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 71

Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post
    On the field I see some similarities in weaknesses with kNu and EIU...Honestly if we play up to potential and keep believing in Chizik's ways, ISU can have a good chance to go into Lincoln and take down the huskers. Not ready to lock up a win, but it could be a distinct possibility.

I agree that Nebraska is way overrated this year, but I'd like to see our guys prove they can play well on the road first. Save Nebraska talk for next week.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I can't believe that anyone (including the nu fans) believed that they had any sort of realistic chance to hang with USC. It appears to me that there are four "for real" teams in CFB this year...SC, LSU, Florida, and OU. Those four are in a different league from everyone else it would appear.

Q: What makes those 4 in a league of their own?

A: SPEED SPEED AND MORE SPEED!

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone#1 View Post
    I can't believe that anyone (including the nu fans) believed that they had any sort of realistic chance to hang with USC. It appears to me that there are four "for real" teams in CFB this year...SC, LSU, Florida, and OU. Those four are in a different league from everyone else it would appear.

Q: What makes those 4 in a league of their own?

A: SPEED SPEED AND MORE SPEED!

FACT! They are elite.

Cyclone42

I like Lee Barfknecht of the OWH. He always says it the way it is, with no bias. Here's a good story on the state of Nebraska football:

Omaha.com Sports Section

I kind of predicted this a few years ago when Bill Callahan was hired. Everybody was talking about "west coast offense", as if that was the big savior of the state. The problem is -- especially in a college setting -- it can cause confusion. Unless all of your players are really, really smart, it can make the team mistake-prone. We're seeing that now. Osborn's teams were all about simplicity: run down your opponent's throats. And they did that very well.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

One other good team is West Virginia. Ne is rated 24 now.

Apparently NE does not make too many defensive adjustments during the game. They are somewhat similar to Iowa.

The spread offense and the fake to end around befuddles their group. May be we can do the same in Toledo and Lincoln.

Last edited by Wesley; 09-17-2007 at 07:26 PM.
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,324
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by isucyclone4 View Post

Oh what I would give for a win in Lincoln....If that were to happen, Huskerland really would implode. Callahan, Pederson, and the entire coaching staff would be fired.....Husker fans would be miserable....But I think we're better off keeping Bill in Lincoln for a few more years. No matter what Husker fans like to believe, the Order really isn't Restored.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    One other good team is West Virginia. Ne is rated 24 now.

Apparently NE does not make too many defensive adjustments during the game. They are somewhat similar to Iowa.

The spread offense and the fake to end around befuddles their group. May be we can do the same in Toledo and Lincoln.
    Yes, WVU is good...but not on par with the big 4...SC, LSU, Florida, and OU in my opinion.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Bill and Kevin made no personnel changes and told them they just need to play better. Great coaching style. Bill and Kevins motivational speeches do not get their players pumped up. They have 2 younger coaches trying to do that.

Heard similar about Iowa.

The operandi mode in Lincoln after Monday practice is no changes , just do better against Bald State. It was like, "Oh boys, will you keep the racket down please? It is almost time for dinner."

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Haha where did you get those quotes from the former NU players, it is pretty funny that you have a bunch of offensive players saying something about the blackshirts. So yea, ummmmmmmm sort of says to me why should I care that a bunch of offensive players don't want me to use the blackshirts name. I do totally agree that Cosgrove isn't that good and they definitely need to fire Pederson, but I mean Callahan is sort of growing on me. He needs to dial down his offense and dial back the movement but he is moving in the right direction, he just has some problems play calling. But yea they really ****ed up getting rid of Pelini, I mean that guy is one of the best Defensive Coordinators in the nation and they just got rid of him, it is pretty ridiculous.
    But what you gonna do, they are still gonna end the season pretty damn good and you can't get too down about losing to USC, they were prolly the better team.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 10-2, I am predicting a loss either to TAMU or Texas and that is it, worse case maybe 9-3. I just think they have a nice compliment of running backs and they finally have a pretty good receiving corps and have sort of figured out how to use them. They key is if they can get their defense playing better, more like last year, but when you lose guys like Carriker and Moore it is tough to do, cuz they were studs!!!!

Big Shawn, Super Clone!

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I really don't see the win at Nebraska happening, I think the upset is going to be against Texas, I honestly do. They aren't playing like Texas and we have two guys who spent the last two seasons working for them and it is going to be a fun game. I just can't see our players going into Memorial Stadium and winning, they never have been able to, really, I just don't see that changing especially with Bret not really embracing the offense yet and being hesitant. I just think he might get rattled down in Lincoln, it would be nice, but I just don't see it.

Based on the Iowa game, my predictions for ISU
    Toledo, W
    Nebraska, L
    Texas Tech, L
    Texas, W
    Oklahoma, L
    Missouri, L
    Kansas State, W/L, could do either way
    Colorado, W
    Kansas, L

I mean my confidence went up in the team, but not too high, I still say we win AT MOST 5 games and that is it. The team is not super talented and up until the Iowa game I seriously had us going 0-12, but I think we might be able to pull some games out now, not many, but we might have a more encouraging season than first thought!!

Big Shawn, Super Clone!

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by sdsmith4 View Post
    I really don't see the win at Nebraska happening, I think the upset is going to be against Texas, I honestly do. They aren't playing like Texas and we have two guys who spent the last two seasons working for them and it is going to be a fun game.
    Texas has a few weeks to right the ship and I'm guessing they will. I hope you're right, more than you know, but they still have a TON of atheletic ability. McCoy, Jamal Charles, Sweed.