Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    So much is being made in the media of the REVENGE factor for this game. In fact, the Clones will be hungrier and more on fire than the 'Horns. For Texas, last year's loss was a fluke - one of seven. For ISU, this is a HUGE opportunity to elevate the program to the next level; the players have a big chip on their shoulders, particularly the 20 Texans who were not offered a scholie by Mack Brown.

    Speaking of Brown, I thought I heard him say in an interview that Texas had no business losing to ISU last year. Did anyone else hear that?

    The Clones are 10 1/2 point underdogs, the Texas players are former high school AAs who think all they have to do to win is show up. That sense of entitlement will doom them this Saturday!



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 562,939, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,532
    Points
    562,939
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 201

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Speaking of Brown, I thought I heard him say in an interview that Texas had no business losing to ISU last year. Did anyone else hear that?
    It was a player who said "there are just some teams you don't lose to at Texas".




  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 63,554, Level: 78
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,217
    Points
    63,554
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 190
    Given: 230

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    I seem to remember our guys sitting at 5-4 last season only to blow the final three games of the year and miss a bowl. Our guys should have a major chip on their shoulder. I think we beat a down team and should have won that game the way we were able to play. The same should be said for this year's game too. Just because they are "texas" they get all the press about building back the program and the "revenge" factor in conference play. F that.

    If we want to get some respect, it starts with a win against ranked texas on Sat. This way, it is not a fluke and shows that we are for real. The guys will show up and fight too. Just find a way to win, that is all that matters with CPRs mentality. There is no looking back, we need this game and need unbelievable support in the stadium to help us get to 4-0. One game at a time.

    Go Cyclones!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 43,966, Level: 64
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,040
    Points
    43,966
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 0

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneCurt View Post
    So much is being made in the media of the REVENGE factor for this game. In fact, the Clones will be hungrier and more on fire than the 'Horns. For Texas, last year's loss was a fluke - one of seven. For ISU, this is a HUGE opportunity to elevate the program to the next level; the players have a big chip on their shoulders, particularly the 20 Texans who were not offered a scholie by Mack Brown.

    Speaking of Brown, I thought I heard him say in an interview that Texas had no business losing to ISU last year. Did anyone else hear that?

    The Clones are 10 1/2 point underdogs, the Texas players are former high school AAs who think all they have to do to win is show up. That sense of entitlement will doom them this Saturday!
    So are you saying that ISU will be the ones getting revenge?


    "But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 57,414, Level: 74
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,136
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,946
    Points
    57,414
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 147

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Texas doesn't care about us. They are more worried about OU next week.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 49,866, Level: 69
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,284
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    isukendall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    1,883
    Points
    49,866
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 155

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    Texas doesn't care about us. They are more worried about OU next week.
    This is the big thing that nobody is talking about with this game. I do think Brown will have his players fired up for the game, but since it's Texas, you KNOW they're looking forward to OU.



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 9,594, Level: 29
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    clonetil01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    372
    Points
    9,594
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 13

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    They've basically taken a bunch of back handed rips on us, things like: should've never happened, lowest point in the season(even though they lost 4 more after and didn't make it to a bowl), we didn't play hard and they did and that's why we lost, etc. I think it's pretty bold of them to throw junk like this out, basically sounding like we shouldn't have even been in the same world as them, even though we ARE in the same conference. And I don't know how good Mack's memory is, but we've come close to beating them before, once with Seneca and once at JT, I think it was in 99. If I were hearing this crap daily, I think I could find a little more hot sauce to throw on the meal on Sat. I know you hear that stuff that this stuff shouldn't fire you up because you should already be fired up enough, but this is just simply treating us like a D-II school. What a joke. I hope this blows up in their face and I truely think we win this game.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 101,151, Level: 99
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,899
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,902
    Points
    101,151
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 148
    Given: 148

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    It was a player who said "there are just some teams you don't lose to at Texas".
    Blake Gideon...
    how many times has he gotten burned this year? he is awful!



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,717, Level: 97
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,772
    Points
    98,717
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 928
    Given: 226

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    The issue I have is about how down Tejas was last year. We finished with identical records. We also beat them in Austin! Apparently 5-7 is a great year for lowly ISU...



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by isukendall View Post
    This is the big thing that nobody is talking about with this game. I do think Brown will have his players fired up for the game, but since it's Texas, you KNOW they're looking forward to OU.
    I guarantee you that while we were focusing on UT during the bye week they were spending some time on OU. You can't change the DNA of a UT football player; they're genetically predisposed to disrespect ISU. It was obvious last year in Austin and I think we're set up nicely to pull the "upset" in Ames.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 185,251, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,561
    Points
    185,251
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 623

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFB View Post
    Blake Gideon...
    how many times has he gotten burned this year? he is awful!

    He is the only 2 star player in their line up. Only 2 other 3 stars (one being the kicker)

    Rest are all 4-5 stars.



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 63,383, Level: 78
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,467
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,418
    Points
    63,383
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 3

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Revenge for what? For us beating them down one game in Austin. UT has given us numerous beat downs and far as I see it they haven't began to get the payback yet. This is revenge game for us still for all the *** kickin's that we received. Payback started last year and will continue until we get tired.

    I want to take down those burnt orange bastards down on National TV and show them punks it's still our vengeance game. There's hell to pay and Texas ain't paid up yet.

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjPTdJ2auj0[/ame]


    Last edited by bosco; 09-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,566, Level: 76
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,026
    Points
    61,566
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 4

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Revenge for what? For us beating them down one game in Austin. UT has given us numerous beat downs and far as I see it they haven't began to get the payback yet. This is revenge game for us still for all the *** kickin's that we received. Payback started last year and will continue until we get tired.

    I want to take down those burnt orange bastards down on National TV and show them punks it's still our vengeance game. There's hell to pay and Texas ain't paid up yet.
    There should be absolutely zero question where the emotional advantage lies in this game. We have it, we need to use and come out of the locker room and put them in a hole like Oklahoma normally does at home. If we get them down and they have to throw the ball it is over.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 18,636, Level: 41
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    TxCycloneFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bastrop TX
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    18,636
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCY View Post
    I seem to remember our guys sitting at 5-4 last season only to blow the final three games of the year and miss a bowl. Our guys should have a major chip on their shoulder. I think we beat a down team and should have won that game the way we were able to play. The same should be said for this year's game too. Just because they are "texas" they get all the press about building back the program and the "revenge" factor in conference play. F that.

    If we want to get some respect, it starts with a win against OVERranked texas on Sat. This way, it is not a fluke and shows that we are for real. The guys will show up and fight too. Just find a way to win, that is all that matters with CPRs mentality. There is no looking back, we need this game and need unbelievable support in the stadium to help us get to 4-0. One game at a time.

    Go Cyclones!

    My 2 cents. Go Cyclones, start a new streak, 2 in a row over those pukes from Austin.


    Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 408,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,141
    Points
    408,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 885
    Given: 624

    Re: Sick of all of the REVENGE Talk

    Simple. Krush them. No loss, no foul.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM