Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 18,058, Level: 41
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,581
    Points
    18,058
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    JP on Marty and Milller (summary included in the thread)

    JP on Marty and Miller at 5:05



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    I will listen. Pollard is good at holding his own with the blow horn that is Marty T.


    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 340,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,072
    Points
    340,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Pollard knows how to "control" guys like Marty.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 103,803, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    6,137
    Points
    103,803
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 100

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Well, I don't know how much longer I can listen to this. They are now spouting the same BS comebacks that everyone else does. ISUs Super Bowl, Iowa doesn't get up for the game, They should stop playing the series etc. They started off Complimenting ISU but, as every other Hawk Fan does. No compliment ever comes without condescending crap.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 23,145, Level: 46
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,458
    Points
    23,145
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Stream link? Thanks.



  6. #6
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Quote Originally Posted by jtd9046 View Post
    Stream link? Thanks.
    KXNO-AM



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 18,624, Level: 41
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lakewood Ranch, FL
    Posts
    724
    Points
    18,624
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Thanks for letting us know. I never listen to the show, I can not stand it anymore.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 400,909, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,364
    Points
    400,909
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 622
    Given: 391

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Marty the maniac strikes again.

    We have seen the enemy and he is Marty.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 340,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,072
    Points
    340,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Didn't see the win coming. Had hoped of course. Just wanted to play well, show we belonged.

    Told Shaggy..."every parent in the stadium wanted you to get that chance". Pollard became emotional from happiness for Shaggy. The big smile from Shaggy was a new side, he's always even-keel.

    Has a set time he and Chizik get together after the game. Said he said to Gene after the UNI loss, "If you're only going to win one of your first 3, next weekend would be the one to get". After the game, Gene saw Pollard, pointed to the scoreboard and said "you were right".

    Pollard said on Chizik, doesn't let people see him sweat or too emotional. Talked about how last week people wanted him and Gene fired. Today, people want them to keep the uniforms from Saturday (didn't say anything else on uniforms btw).

    Season ticket sales, Pollard thought best case in sales would be 35,000. Cyclone fans did their part. Fans were happy (Pollard got feedback) that for the first time for ISU-Iowa in Ames, the only real pocket of fans was their small sidebar in the visiting section.

    Fans capturing the imagination of what Cyclone football will be. Said there will be ups and downs to come.

    Clone Zone - 1900 members signed up shortly before the Kent State game.

    Talked about KF, Pollard said he's an awesome coach, called Iowa fans foolish for wanting him fired. Said KF would find a way to pay dividends for Iowa. Said it wouldn't shock him if they beat Wisconsin.

    Agreement on ISU-Iowa series. No doubt in his mind they will continue to play. Difference of opinion is when the contract ends (2010 vs 2020). He understands where Iowa is coming from on the year and how it favors us some. He wouldn't do it the same way now, but that is what was agreed upon. Said he and Barta will find a way to clear it up and continue the series.

    Billboard talk for next year - Pollard said he and M&M should have cold one to talk about it - seeing how they helped us sell tickets. Don't always see eye-to-eye, etc.

    Talked about how Iowa's new president took a swipe at Pollard (we wouldn't treat fans like this). Mentioned Iowa is getting the money somehow. You're kidding yourself if you think you got into the Iowa-OSU game last year for $55.

    Pollard said he's going to focus on ISU - that's what he's paid to do.

    Asked what ticket plans he may have for basketball. Said they have not had to do that - in basketball they do well enough.

    Plan B talk about Iowa-ISU - Marty said a Minnesota broker told him tickets went out ISU's back door. Pollard swore it didn't happen.

    #'s

    Season tix - 36,605

    Clone - 2500
    Iowa - 4000
    Tents - 2000
    Staff season tix - 1000
    HS coaches - ?
    Recruits - ?
    Players (gets 4-6 a game)
    Dignitaries (Earl Bruce, etc)

    Attendance - 49,500

    Fred Hoiberg wanted tix and couldn't get them - G-Mac gave him his extras.


    Last edited by ISUFan22; 09-17-2007 at 05:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 208,465, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,638
    Points
    208,465
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 482

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller (summary included in the thread)

    Good interview.

    Mitt Romney also wanted tickets



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 340,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,072
    Points
    340,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller (summary included in the thread)

    I agree, a very good interview.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 117,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,417
    Points
    117,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 29

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller (summary included in the thread)

    Conspiracy theory.... Tickets went out the back door. I know it Kenny.... I know tickets went out the back door.


    GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 28,095, Level: 51
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,378
    Points
    28,095
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 9

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan94 View Post
    Well, I don't know how much longer I can listen to this. They are now spouting the same BS comebacks that everyone else does. ISUs Super Bowl, Iowa doesn't get up for the game, They should stop playing the series etc. They started off Complimenting ISU but, as every other Hawk Fan does. No compliment ever comes without condescending crap.
    I think Miller was just mocking the lunatic fringe of Hawkeye Nation. His tongue was buried in his cheek



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 28,095, Level: 51
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,378
    Points
    28,095
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 9

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Didn't see the win coming. Had hoped of course. Just wanted to play well, show we belonged.

    Told Shaggy..."every parent in the stadium wanted you to get that chance". Pollard became emotional from happiness for Shaggy. The big smile from Shaggy was a new side, he's always even-keel.

    Has a set time he and Chizik get together after the game. Said he said to Gene after the UNI loss, "If you're only going to win one of your first 3, next weekend would be the one to get". After the game, Gene saw Pollard, pointed to the scoreboard and said "you were right".

    Pollard said on Chizik, doesn't let people see him sweat or too emotional. Talked about how last week people wanted him and Gene fired. Today, people want them to keep the uniforms from Saturday (didn't say anything else on uniforms btw).

    Season ticket sales, Pollard thought best case in sales would be 35,000. Cyclone fans did their part. Fans were happy (Pollard got feedback) that for the first time for ISU-Iowa in Ames, the only real pocket of fans was their small sidebar in the visiting section.

    Fans capturing the imagination of what Cyclone football will be. Said there will be ups and downs to come.

    Clone Zone - 1900 members signed up shortly before the Kent State game.

    Talked about KF, Pollard said he's an awesome coach, called Iowa fans foolish for wanting him fired. Said KF would find a way to pay dividends for Iowa. Said it wouldn't shock him if they beat Wisconsin.

    Agreement on ISU-Iowa series. No doubt in his mind they will continue to play. Difference of opinion is when the contract ends (2010 vs 2020). He understands where Iowa is coming from on the year and how it favors us some. He wouldn't do it the same way now, but that is what was agreed upon. Said he and Barta will find a way to clear it up and continue the series.

    Billboard talk for next year - Pollard said he and M&M should have cold one to talk about it - seeing how they helped us sell tickets. Don't always see eye-to-eye, etc.

    Talked about how Iowa's new president took a swipe at Pollard (we wouldn't treat fans like this). Mentioned Iowa is getting the money somehow. You're kidding yourself if you think you got into the Iowa-OSU game last year for $55.

    Pollard said he's going to focus on ISU - that's what he's paid to do.

    Asked what ticket plans he may have for basketball. Said they have not had to do that - in basketball they do well enough.

    Plan B talk about Iowa-ISU - Marty said a Minnesota broker told him tickets went out ISU's back door. Pollard swore it didn't happen.

    #'s

    Season tix - 36,605

    Clone - 2500
    Iowa - 4000
    Tents - 2000
    Staff season tix - 1000
    HS coaches - ?
    Recruits - ?
    Players (gets 4-6 a game)
    Dignitaries (Earl Bruce, etc)

    Attendance - 49,500

    Fred Hoiberg wanted tix and couldn't get them - G-Mac gave him his extras.
    You must have been writing this as the interview was taking place. No way could you have started after they were done and had this posted already



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 340,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,072
    Points
    340,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 240

    Re: JP on Marty and Milller

    Quote Originally Posted by 83Clone View Post
    You must have been writing this as the interview was taking place. No way could you have started after they were done and had this posted already
    Of course! My memory isn't that great!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM