Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 32

Iowa State Fans

I am a die hard Iowa State, Minnesota Viking, and Chicago Cubs fan and because of my choices, I have experienced a lot of heartbreaks. I'm sure a lot of you out there are also fans of those teams (especially ISU) and know all about the heartbreaks and even if you're not a fan of those teams you have experienced heartbreaks before I'm sure.

Because of the history of the Cyclones, especially in football, it is easy for us as fans to just give up when the good guys get behind (even if its only by a TD) no matter the team because of the history past Iowa State teams have had (falling behind and never being able to regain the momentum and win the game).

All of our wins this season are come from behind wins. 4th quarter comebacks. Last minute WINS. We have never had this before with an Iowa State Football team. As fans, we were amazing during the Iowa game. We kept our energy, even though we were down most of the first half, and helped keep the players heads up and motivated. People can say that crowds don't have an effect on players attitudes, but they definitely DO have some effect. Having a high energy crowd, no matter the score (to a certain extent), can really effect the outcome of the game. It shows the players that their fans aren't giving up on them, so they shouldn't give up on themselves.

What I'm getting at here is that as fans, on Saturday, we need to be loud constantly. Even if we give up two scores right away and think its over, its not. Even if Steele throws FOUR INTs on his first four passes, its not. We can't just sit in our seats when the defense comes back onto the field the next possession. We need to get up and keep showing the players that we are still behind them and have confidence in them. Just because its Texas, Oklahoma, or whoever, doesn't mean its impossible to comeback. It doesn't mean that the game is over. This is a new breed of Iowa State Football. We know this team can come from behind when their backs are against the wall (we've seen it three times already!!!!), so we need to stick behind them no matter what.

We have a great defense, an emerging offense, and a great coaching staff. Lets back those guys up by being the great fan base that we know we are and can be.

Saturday is almost here.

Be loud.

Go State.

“That’s hard to express!”

“So proud of the effort, my kids gave, to win tonight!”

Rookie
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 51

Re: Iowa State Fans

Amen.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,120
    Given: 130

I can't speak for everyone, but I got the feeling that people started changing by the end of CPR's first year. There's always going to be those that are doubters, but I think a lot of the fanbase thinking of old has changed. Most fans can see what CPR is doing and the attitude change that he's been creating, both with the fans and the players.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I got the feeling that people started changing by the end of CPR's first year. There's always going to be those that are doubters, but I think a lot of the fanbase thinking of old has changed. Most fans can see what CPR is doing and the attitude change that he's been creating, both with the fans and the players.
    He definitely has changed the attitude of the program in a great way. Along with the fan base. He knows how to motivate.

“That’s hard to express!”

“So proud of the effort, my kids gave, to win tonight!”