Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Trying to pass on some scouting to the Badgers

Go figure, the hawk vultures hijacked the thread to bash the Cyclones.

Scout.com: Wisconsin Forums List

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 526

Re: Trying to pass on some scouting to the Badgers

Babies will be babies.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I love Wisconsin. I love game days at CR, I love the fans, I love the brats, I love the beer. I say: Go Badgers! The people in Madison are too drunk to be mean, and that is the best gameday environment I have personally ever seen.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 822

Originally posted by Torbee (BadgerNation):

Go F yourself clone.

Just because your pissant team managed a two-point win in its annual one-game season doesn't lend any relevance to this discussion.

Your crap program hasn't sniffed a conference championship since 1912, you couldn't sell out your pathetic 50,000 seat stadium for the Iowa game.

Iowa State is a gnat on a pimple on the *** of college football. A program that marks as its "glory" being able to beat Iowa once in awhile is just sad.

I actually feel sorry for you ISU fans. Despite losing to UNI and Kent State, you celebrate like Mardi Gras over a non-conference win over Iowa. Keep putting all your eggs in one basket and enjoy the Big 12 cellar, you pestilent pieces of putridness.

And Badger fans, sorry for hijacking your thread.

You think it sucks losing to Marquette in basketball? At least the academically and athletically inferior university in your state once in awhile manages to, you know, actually win some more games after it beats the Badger.
    Wow. No clue. I guess as the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

I don't know how many times it was made clear that no single game tickets were available for the game, therefore making a sellout IMPOSSIBLE. But then again, Hawkfan is so bitter at this point that, well, insert comment here _________.

And no, Iowa's not going to beat Wisconsin this week. I might have to pick up a Wisky hat and be a fan for a week.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Maybe it's just me, but I rank any and all or our wins over NU, the win in '91 against OU, and quite frankly our loss to FSU, above any win over any win over iowa. There's at LEAST 4 other teams on the schedule this year I would trade a win against iowa for. Tex, OU, NU, Tech and probably even Mizzou - all better teams and a more savory win. We get it together and get things rolling, I think we have a respectable shot against KU, CU and KSU straight up. But that's a long way off.

I love beating iowa - won't deny it. But really, after the week is over I don't care. I love it not because it makes or break the season, but rather because hawk fans absolutely implode and it's just too much fun to watch. Honestly, they're such pains in the arse leading up to the game, if they cancelled the series I wouldn't really give a hoot.

But whatever makes Torbee feel better - he/she/it is an *****, always has been, always will be.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 09-17-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    But whatever makes Torbee feel better - he/she/it is an *****, always has been, always will be.
    I just can't understand why it is that some of those guys find it necessary to be so angry and disrespectful..

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 294

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Wow. No clue. I guess as the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

I don't know how many times it was made clear that no single game tickets were available for the game, therefore making a sellout IMPOSSIBLE. But then again, Hawkfan is so bitter at this point that, well, insert comment here _________.

And no, Iowa's not going to beat Wisconsin this week. I might have to pick up a Wisky hat and be a fan for a week.
    Go check out my reply to Torbee-I chuckled as I typed it.
    j

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Speechless
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 822

Maybe it's just me, but I rank any and all or our wins over NU, the win in '91 against OU, and quite frankly our loss to FSU, above any win over any win over iowa.

I love beating iowa - won't deny it. But really, after the week is over I don't really care. I love it not because it makes or break the season, but rather because hawk fans absolutely implode and it's just too much fun to watch.

I'll pretty much agree with this with one exception - 2002 Iowa. It was so much fun being in Iowa City that day, with the town rocking and all Iowa fans rubbing by the first half in our faces, and then as the second half clock ticked away the town getting more and more quiet to the point where you could (figuratively) hear the final gun go off blocks away and the EIU faithful strolled home with heads down and tails between legs. What Seneca Wallace and the 'clones did that day makes it the one game in this series that just stands out to me and goes along with that montage of victories you listed.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

You're probably right. Considering iowa went 11-2 that season and we were what kept them from a Championship game, does say alot about the quality of that victory.

Plop it in there just ahead of the FSU loss.

I don't try to demean the the wins against iowa. I relish in them. And to give props to iowa, the reason I do relish them is traditionally iowa IS a top 25 quality team/program and a very solid win for ISU to get. The past 5 years or so, it's on par with a win over NU - at least in terms of quality of teams. Has nothing to do with rivalry, intra-state school, "superbowl" or whatever.

One can't deny that a good win is just a good win. But beyond that, it doesn't mean much.

Ok, aside from the fact Jamie is well on the way to putting a billboard back up next year. But that goes back to just ticking iowa fans off. In fact, I hope he creates a dummy corp., buys advertising time at kinnick next year, and plays a Cyclone State Cy-hawk add on the big screen.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I'll pretty much agree with this with one exception - 2002 Iowa. It was so much fun being in Iowa City that day, with the town rocking and all Iowa fans rubbing by the first half in our faces, and then as the second half clock ticked away the town getting more and more quiet to the point where you could (figuratively) hear the final gun go off blocks away and the EIU faithful strolled home with heads down and tails between legs. What Seneca Wallace and the 'clones did that day makes it the one game in this series that just stands out to me and goes along with that montage of victories you listed.
    I agree! That was the best 2nd half of football I've EVER seen IN PERSON! I had Hawk fans throwing things at me & laughing out loud in the 1st half (my wife even got into it with a group of Hawk girls), & then they melted in the 2nd half when Seneca made unbelievable pass after pass. We had the last laugh. Despite what they say, they care A LOT about this game & DESPISE losing to us... & I LOVE IT!

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

That is all well and great, but I think we just need to get off the Wisconsin board. It is always fun to read other teams boards but I hope I never convince myself to go write on some other teams board.

All I can say is I wonder how long it will take for them to figure out that the majority of is are excited about our win over Iowa seeing as how it was 1) Chizik's first win and 2) It's a rivalry game, don't like it, too bad.

I want to know what Iowa fans think when their fans rushed the field last year when they beat us. I know they did, I was there. Don't tell me it doesn't mean anything to them. If it didn't mean anything they wouldn't be complaining about it. Everyone of them that posts that this is Iowa State's "Super Bowl" does so acknowledging that it means something to them, or they wouldn't post.

The truth is it is Iowa's State Super Bowl. :)

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Well put Price.

Stay off the other boards fellas. At least don't go toe to toe with hawks over there. Wish the Badgers well, but leave it at that. It just lowers us to their level and fuels the "we're obsessed with iowa" garbage.

Legend
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 728
    Given: 555

Wow its getting diry and ugly on there now. Ive been watching it develop. Poor board.

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well put Price.

Stay off the other boards fellas. At least don't go toe to toe with hawks over there. Wish the Badgers well, but leave it at that. It just lowers us to their level and fuels the "we're obsessed with iowa" garbage.
    Couldn't resist THIS time, won't happen again though.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 294

Well put Price.

With all due respect, I don't agree with you guys. They(hawks) don't get a free pass to say whatever they want, whenever, wherever etc. I went over to take a look and find that kind a garbage-simply unacceptable.

j

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs