Josh Lenz vertical jump
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 37,135, Level: 59
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CycloneVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    37,135
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 1,229

    Josh Lenz vertical jump

    I was watching last years ISU texas highlights AGAIN (we still beat their *****) and the td by Josh Lenz showed his vertical at the time. Fast forward to the UConn game and his amzing sideline grab. Anyone know how high this kid can jump. He kind of blows the whole saying about white guys out of the water.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 98,637, Level: 97
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,184
    Points
    98,637
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 115

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    If Josh Lenz had better top-line speed, he would be an AA return guy. He is very smooth and a very good overall player, but just doesn't have the "extra gear" to outrun folks that some of the more well known teams feature.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 37,135, Level: 59
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CycloneVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    37,135
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 1,229

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    If Josh Lenz had better top-line speed, he would be an AA return guy. He is very smooth and a very good overall player, but just doesn't have the "extra gear" to outrun folks that some of the more well known teams feature.
    Agree



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 98,637, Level: 97
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,184
    Points
    98,637
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 115

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Even though he doesn't have elite speed, he is the exact type of football player that CPR can make a living with however. He's the type of guy that maybe has a liability that might keep a team like LSU from wanting him, but he can certainly win you a lot of football games.

    We have to continue to find more like him in all position groups.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 35,741, Level: 58
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    theyork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hedgesville, wv
    Posts
    1,458
    Points
    35,741
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    i can't remember who it was that was interviewed (maybe JW) but they were asked who the two best athletes on the team were and he said josh lenz and jeremy reeves. 40in vert. according to that player.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 37,679, Level: 59
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,995
    Points
    37,679
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Does anyone see more of the Josh Lenz to Money trick play this year? I LOVED IT!!!


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 5,838, Level: 22
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Toledo, IA
    Posts
    137
    Points
    5,838
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 8

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    I heard 40 as well. that is skying!!!!!



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by theyork View Post
    i can't remember who it was that was interviewed (maybe JW) but they were asked who the two best athletes on the team were and he said josh lenz and jeremy reeves. 40in vert. according to that player.
    I remember seeing that as well. Rivals profile from '09 has him at 4.5 on the forty. Pretty good speed if you ask me.

    I guess I would say this to the speed doubters, have you ever seen him let loose on a deep route to outrun someone or in the open field on a return, pretty damn fast. And don't underestimate quickness vs. speed, look at the touchdown he had wide open against Iowa. He may not be RG3 but he is explosive and fast.

    Josh Lenz - Yahoo! Sports



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 440,239, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,026
    Points
    440,239
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Lenz' returns are beautiful to watch. He hits the battle with speed instead of tip-toeing around like Shontrelle does.



  10. #10
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Lenz' returns are beautiful to watch. He hits the battle with speed instead of tip-toeing around like Shontrelle does.
    Lenz averages 24 yards per return

    Shontrelle averages 26.5

    Maybe Shontrelle should tip toe more?!



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 440,239, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,026
    Points
    440,239
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Lenz averages 24 yards per return

    Shontrelle averages 26.5

    Maybe Shontrelle should tip toe more?!
    Averages don't tell the whole story. Median might actually work better here as one excellent return can inflate the average. I just don't think Shontrelle runs as "strong" as Lenz does and goes down on a shoestring tackle easier.

    That said, I would also like to see us legitimately run back a kickoff and a punt this year (not Reeves running back an onside kick). We've been this close already multiple times this year.



  12. #12
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    creightonclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    682
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneVet View Post
    I was watching last years ISU texas highlights AGAIN (we still beat their *****) and the td by Josh Lenz showed his vertical at the time. Fast forward to the UConn game and his amzing sideline grab. Anyone know how high this kid can jump. He kind of blows the whole saying about white guys out of the water.
    You should have seen him play basketball in high school. He could really throw it down.



  13. #13
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Averages don't tell the whole story. Median might actually work better here as one excellent return can inflate the average. I just don't think Shontrelle runs as "strong" as Lenz does and goes down on a shoestring tackle easier.

    That said, I would also like to see us legitimately run back a kickoff and a punt this year (not Reeves running back an onside kick). We've been this close already multiple times this year.
    Median favors Shontrelle as well. Lenz has the longest return at 51 compared to Shontrelle's 40.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 440,239, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,026
    Points
    440,239
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 32

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    Median favors Shontrelle as well. Lenz has the longest return at 51 compared to Shontrelle's 40.
    That's depressing. I'm trying to think if we've ran back a kick at JTS since I've been in school (2007) and I don't think we have but could be wrong.

    *Note: I don't count Reeves.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,586, Level: 95
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,464
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,954
    Points
    93,586
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Josh Lenz vertical jump

    In one Texas site I've looked at they list kick coverage as a huge weakness on this team. Sounds like a great time to break one this week as we have been soo close all year. Imagine how loud JTS would be if we brought opening kick back for 6!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM