Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: "Longhorn Luck"

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 101,503, Level: 99
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    khaal53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,438
    Points
    101,503
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 0

    "Longhorn Luck"

    I put this together to point out that Texas has had a good draw when they've come to Ames: www.encyclonepedia.com

    Texas has only been to Ames 3 times and in two of those three trips they played the two worst ISU teams in the last 12 years.

    This is the first time they'll come to Ames to play an ISU team that appears to be mediocre at the very least.




    I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 74,447, Level: 84
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    6,608
    Points
    74,447
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 18

    Re: "Longhorn Luck"

    great write up

    i agree, even if we play @Texas and @OU, there are still 9 or 10 other games we can win. Its not like we usually win the rest of them anyway.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 37,588, Level: 59
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,990
    Points
    37,588
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: "Longhorn Luck"

    Quote Originally Posted by khaal53 View Post
    I put this together to point out that Texas has had a good draw when they've come to Ames: www.encyclonepedia.com

    Texas has only been to Ames 3 times and in two of those three trips they played the two worst ISU teams in the last 12 years.

    This is the first time they'll come to Ames to play an ISU team that appears to be mediocre at the very least.

    Khaal, you need to be on Des Moines Register or somewhere where Iowa State perceptions can be changed for better. You are extremely talented in pointing this out. I had no idea! I was under the impression that Texas teams have always beat Iowa State because we pee in our pants when we see the Texas helmet marching towards us.

    GREAT WRITE UP!!!


    WE ARE IOWA STATE

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,559, Level: 72
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,407
    Points
    54,559
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 48

    Re: "Longhorn Luck"

    Good article, but even though these are CPR's Cyclones, they have still shown the ability to not show up for games. Look at CU, OU, Utah and Iowa last year. With the exception of CU, all those teams were better than ISU, but not by the margin shown on the field.

    No doubt about one thing; to win ISU is going to have to play a lot cleaner than the first three games.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 101,503, Level: 99
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    khaal53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,438
    Points
    101,503
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 0

    Re: "Longhorn Luck"

    Quote Originally Posted by clonomaniac View Post
    Khaal, you need to be on Des Moines Register or somewhere where Iowa State perceptions can be changed for better. You are extremely talented in pointing this out. I had no idea! I was under the impression that Texas teams have always beat Iowa State because we pee in our pants when we see the Texas helmet marching towards us.

    GREAT WRITE UP!!!
    Thank you for the kind words...even if you've overstated my abilities!

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    Good article, but even though these are CPR's Cyclones, they have still shown the ability to not show up for games. Look at CU, OU, Utah and Iowa last year. With the exception of CU, all those teams were better than ISU, but not by the margin shown on the field.

    No doubt about one thing; to win ISU is going to have to play a lot cleaner than the first three games.
    Agreed that they've had their bum games in the past two years. I was more hinting at the mentality of this year's team and winning a few games that may not have been won in years past.




    I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM