Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Terrible Ref calls today

Several horrible calls. you see that fg that was called good that cost toledo the game. also, this catch in the vandy/sc game!! tie goes to the offense dumb***!! Very shady stuff!!

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.

- Vince Lombardi

Excuses are nails used to build a house of failure!

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: Terrible Ref calls today

wait a sec, I thought we had the Bye? Did I miss our game?

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 8

saw that bs call in the Vandy- SC game. There is no evidence that the DB had any more possession than the WR. Should have gone to the WR and have Vandy in scoring position.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Big East confirms that officials, especially replay official, blew the call: VIDEO: Toledo jobbed in OT loss by blown PAT call - CBSSports.com

All-Star
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SvrWxCy View Post
    Big East confirms that officials, especially replay official, blew the call: VIDEO: Toledo jobbed in OT loss by blown PAT call - CBSSports.com
    Yeah, they got hosed. That kick was shanked so badly.

Rookie
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kas4cy View Post
    Yeah, they got hosed. That kick was shanked so badly.
    There are no repercussions to officials who cheat and make bad calls... until they are severely penalized for obvious calls/non-calls... college football will suffer. Interesting how NCAA never investigates gambling among officials... IMHO!

Hopefully we get a good officiating crew vs. Texas and not the incompetent crew that was at UCONN!

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Klonz View Post
    There are no repercussions to officials who cheat and make bad calls... until they are severely penalized for obvious calls/non-calls... college football will suffer. Interesting how NCAA never investigates gambling among officials... IMHO!

Hopefully we get a good officiating crew vs. Texas and not the incompetent crew that was at UCONN!
    A ref should have to serve a suspension/ not ref in a bowl game if they make terrible calls that the league has to address later on.

on a side note, the huskers just got hosed out of a field goal as well. All refs are terrible today.
    The ball was clearly in the uprights and was ruled wide left.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 228
    Given: 87

I mentioned this in the betting thread, but during the Western Michigan and Illinios game, Western Michigan got a false start nullified because the band was playing when the Broncos QB was under center.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15

That was an unacceptable call. Unfortunately, these kinds of things are way too common. With televised games being more common, how is it possible that obvious calls are missed when a television video angle proves otherwise?? Are replay officials not provided with ALL television angles of the game?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 107

Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    That was an unacceptable call. Unfortunately, these kinds of things are way too common. With televised games being more common, how is it possible that obvious calls are missed when a television video angle proves otherwise?? Are replay officials not provided with ALL television angles of the game?
    So many times its the inability to turn over a badly called play due to having strong, but not irrefutable evidence. Refs should be able to call it neutral if they believe it close enough that video would do a better job.

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

What happens to these officials that have their head up their *****? Is there ANY consequences to them blowing calls? How in the **** do you call that kick good, then replay it and uphold the ruling??? Refs have selective eyesight all the time but replays are supposed to correct that bias that all officials have.
    Syracuse jumps to the ACC and gets their proverbial dick sucked by the officials. They are having quite the good week. Ah, the politics of College Football these days.

Cy 'till I Die

Speechless
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 55

Its getting to the point that I want them to get rid of video replay reviews as they still don't get the calls right afterwards, and sometimes they make it WORSE after the review. The UConn TD last week is a sparkling example of this. It was called correctly on the field, video clearly showed it was correctly called, and they decide to give them the TD anyway.

Couple more examples:

Walter Nickel in the 2005 Houston Bowl. Catches a pass out in the flat, loses his balance, puts his free hand on the turf, knee does not touch down, he regains his balance and rumbles another 30 or so yards. It is correctly called on the field that he had not gone down. They overturn it on replay as "his forearm touched the turf, therefore he is down." It was clearly just his hand and wrist that had touched down. One of the most egregious calls after replay review that wiped out a big gainer, and I will always remember that one.

Austin Flynn against kNU in 2006. He damn near had 2 feet down in the endzone with clear control of the ball, still called out of bounds. I believe the ruling on the field was that he was out of bounds, so at least they didn't overturn the call on the field for that one.

The QB in the KU game of 2005 in the 4th quarter. I believe it was even 4th down. He tries to sneak it in from the 1, and we stuff him. It's called on the field as being short of the goal line. Replay officials somehow overturn the call and give them the TD even though you can't even see where the QB was holding the ball on any of the angles, the view was completely obstructed. So much for the "indisputable evidence" threshold.

A$M at JTS in 2008. Our on-side kick attempt clearly bounces off the helmet of one of the A$M players and we recover it. Replay officials say that it didn't touch anyone and the ball didn't go the 10 yards. They give the ball to A$M and we lose. This is the game we managed to not punt in even once and still lose. Still the best and most sustained chorus of boo's I've ever heard in JTS. That was awesome.

These are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,226
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 109

OU-MU:

I thought Broyles TD catch against MU was not a catch. Didn't have have it secured until he was out of bounds.... yet, the long review gave him the TD.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Its getting to the point that I want them to get rid of video replay reviews as they still don't get the calls right afterwards, and sometimes they make it WORSE after the review. The UConn TD last week is a sparkling example of this. It was called correctly on the field, video clearly showed it was correctly called, and they decide to give them the TD anyway.

Couple more examples:

Walter Nickel in the 2005 Houston Bowl. Catches a pass out in the flat, loses his balance, puts his free hand on the turf, knee does not touch down, he regains his balance and rumbles another 30 or so yards. It is correctly called on the field that he had not gone down. They overturn it on replay as "his forearm touched the turf, therefore he is down." It was clearly just his hand and wrist that had touched down. One of the most egregious calls after replay review that wiped out a big gainer, and I will always remember that one.

Austin Flynn against kNU in 2006. He damn near had 2 feet down in the endzone with clear control of the ball, still called out of bounds. I believe the ruling on the field was that he was out of bounds, so at least they didn't overturn the call on the field for that one.

The QB in the KU game of 2005 in the 4th quarter. I believe it was even 4th down. He tries to sneak it in from the 1, and we stuff him. It's called on the field as being short of the goal line. Replay officials somehow overturn the call and give them the TD even though you can't even see where the QB was holding the ball on any of the angles, the view was completely obstructed. So much for the "indisputable evidence" threshold.

A$M at JTS in 2008. Our on-side kick attempt clearly bounces off the helmet of one of the A$M players and we recover it. Replay officials say that it didn't touch anyone and the ball didn't go the 10 yards. They give the ball to A$M and we lose. This is the game we managed to not punt in even once and still lose. Still the best and most sustained chorus of boo's I've ever heard in JTS. That was awesome.

These are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head.
    I believe I posted part of the booing game on this thread...
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...leasure-3.html

Addict
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 312
    Given: 98

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCY View Post
    OU-MU:

I thought Broyles TD catch against MU was not a catch. Didn't have have it secured until he was out of bounds.... yet, the long review gave him the TD.
    Not exactly. The review said the call stood. They did not have indisputable video evidence to overturn the call on the field. I thought it was close.