Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 22

Chuck Neinas

Why? I have a strong affinity for the cconference and the people in it.

Andy Katz - expansion timetable? I start October 3 - defers to expansion committee. What about MU hints? MU wil go to their Board of Curators.

St. Louis Dispatch - what about MU? Chancelor told me he has new Curators who want to discus it and I do believe it will be resolved.

Dallas Morning Star - follow-up on MU? Will they be in the BigXII? Aggies? Aggies will go and MU will stay.

Hard or easy to go all in on media rights? A while, each institution has different procedures.

KC Star - CFA days - sought rights for money making schools to maximize their potential. Is conference moving into more revenue sharing direction? #2 -Yes. CFA was formed because NCAA couldn't restructure and people not affected by rules were voting on those rules. Rewrote rules for and by larger football programs. Separate discussion of tier 1 and 2 rights. Tier 3 rights will stay with individual schools.

Seeing through a project for MWC and C-USA?

AP - Possible for this conference to be seen as long-term viable without 6 year deal? This step removes short term question and allows time to solidify foundations.

O'Neill Express - How can you develop a sense of togetherness among this group? I've done it before, I can do it again. Worked with CFA - 63 schools.

SI - Why do this? Strong affection for this conference - Big 8 was very good to me - helped Big12 get formed. Worried about MU - have to be concerned, but, we're viable without them.

Stillwater News - Priorities and objectives - timetable? These are the tasks: Define objectives, understand concerns and develop priorities before October is over.

SI.com Who will speak for conference - you or Pres and AD. If they've hired me to be Commish, I'll act like Commish.

Damage control - coaches embarassed - how many teams? Superconference idea - can't say. We will address issue of image.

Austin American - Aggies? I'll talk to Bill Byrne. I'll offer my services to assist with search for new commish.

Big12Sports.com - Media rights vs Revenue Sharing - explain difference? Revenue sharing - split the money in the pot. Grant of rights means institution gives the conference TV rights.

Chip Brown - Should expand outside geographic footprint? I'm old fashioned - conferences formed in geographic areas and with similar commerce. Conferences are moving toward scheduling opportunities. "I don't know."

Andy Katz - What is right number in a conference?Big 12 seems to think 10. Did you notice Delany has been quiet - happy with 12.

Got to go.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

All-Star
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 11

Re: Chuck Neinas

I'm a fan of the new commish. He at least knows how to build a consensus and get things done. He's respected in the business and run the CFA and Big 8, so he's been around the block. In theory, he doesn't have a favorite and doesn't work for one school, he works for the conference. We'll see how well he does in a very difficult situation and sets up the eventual permanent commish.

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Naynay coming up on College Gameday apparently...for those that want to decipher this post a little more.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 74

Here is Chuck's gameday clip.

If link doesn't work http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_...ish-on-gameday