Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

FOR RECRUITING PURPOSES THIS NEEDS TO BE SETTLED

One thing that hasn't shown up, or if it has I have missed it, is how much this turmoil wreaks havoc on the recruiting process for all sports. We obviously don't have the recruiting advantages many of the schools in our conference do, so when you add in the fact that you don't know where you are conference wise, it has to be a killer. You can bet many schools would use that as a tool against us.

A perfect example is in the recruitment of Negus Webster-Chan. If it really is down to Iowa State or Missouri, and Missouri is locked into a league (whether it remains Big 12 or SEC), that gives them a huge recruiting edge. Same goes for all the sports.

Get an agreement on paper, signed, with teeth in it, and move on. All this other crap day after day is has to be hurting us. If the Big 12 is going to die, then let's kill it, and find a league (merged with Big East or something else) and get settled in. My prayer is that the Big 12 stays together, but only if we are somewhat equal.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 261

Re: FOR RECRUITING PURPOSES THIS NEEDS TO BE SETTLED

Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    One thing that hasn't shown up, or if it has I have missed it, is how much this turmoil wreaks havoc on the recruiting process for all sports. We obviously don't have the recruiting advantages many of the schools in our conference do, so when you add in the fact that you don't know where you are conference wise, it has to be a killer. You can bet many schools would use that as a tool against us.

A perfect example is in the recruitment of Negus Webster-Chan. If it really is down to Iowa State or Missouri, and Missouri is locked into a league (whether it remains Big 12 or SEC), that gives them a huge recruiting edge. Same goes for all the sports.

Get an agreement on paper, signed, with teeth in it, and move on. All this other crap day after day is has to be hurting us. If the Big 12 is going to die, then let's kill it, and find a league (merged with Big East or something else) and get settled in. My prayer is that the Big 12 stays together, but only if we are somewhat equal.
    It was mentioned around post 7000 or so, but you are right. The single biggest fallout is on our recruiting. We are in recruiting wait mode till Boren/Powers rough out the treaty.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55

I don't think it has too much of an impact on basketball recruiting because there are so many good players now that go to schools not in the so called BCS conferences.

"But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know." - David Brent

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 354

Alot of the schools we are recruiting against are in the same boat. If a kid genuinely likes ISU he'll wait to see what happens. We aren't holding a gun to their heads for a decision. Granted, this needs to be resolved.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    I don't think it has too much of an impact on basketball recruiting because there are so many good players now that go to schools not in the so called BCS conferences.
    SDW commitment shows that it doesn't. Football is where we are taking it on the chin, primarilly becasue we recruit regions with the expressed statement that they will be playing Big 12 football near their home alot, or playing in a BCS conference, the seller to Florida kids.

Pro
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

There was a recent basketball recruit that was asked the exact question of was conference realignment a bearing in his decision of school and he flat out said that it did not. At least for basketball I really don't think it is having a large impact on us at the moment, I do however think that it is at least having a temporary impact on football recruiting.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

MBB and WBB early signing period starts November 9, 2011. Those would be the sports most likely impacted. Fortunately for us, I think both are about done with the class of '12. It may not have seemed so 24 hours ago, but, now it seems our conference ties may be firm by then. Nonetheless, it is certainly a potential distraction that the coach would rather not have to deal with.

Last edited by BenEClone; 09-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads