Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 15

quick question

I know this has been asked many times but what is the name of the song that football team comes out to someone asked me the other day and I couldn't remember.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 345
    Boogaloo down Lincolnway?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I believe you are talking about the song Twlight Zone by 2 Unlimited

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I believe it will be different this year if my memory is correct anyway....seems like I read it is the AC/DC song

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The song is Twighlight Zone by 2 Unlimited

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    What ACDC song are they using? Thunderstruck? That'd be a good one as well, but I hate to shy away from using Twighlight Zone after we've been using it for so many years. While on this subject.....I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but I really enjoy the opening of the game when we come out to that song and I always thought the band ruined it a little when they started playing the fight song and we cut off the song. Any other opinions?

Rookie
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Twilight Zone is a lame old jock jams song and desperately needs to be changed, that is my opinion.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 645
    Given: 577
    I'm sick of ACDC songs, great band but so cliche....can we get something more modern?

@RandomGeoFacts

Rookie
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 21
    The new Cyclone preview show was on Mediacom last night, JP said to expect new tunes and programing coming from the video board. With JP running things I expect better entertainment. Try to catch the Mediacom show, they did an awesome job.

There is also a new website that is very well done with player pictures and a recap of Saturdays scrimmage. The site has a cool banner. www.isuisu.com

:) Want the stadium full? Bring a friend!

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    I have seen several threads on this site relating to the pregame for the football games and I just want to add my opinion on this.

I am a proud former member of the "Varsity" Marching Band. I have 3 different versions of "Iowa State Fights" memorized to this day for having played it so much. Did you know that ISU has had several different fight songs? Rise Sons of ISU? For "I" for "S"? Probably not becuase there aren't any lyrics to them.

I was at ISU when the Athletic Department decided to play the jock jams mixes before the game and for the team when they left the locker room. It was negotiated that the stadium sound would be cut so the Band could play the fight song. I concede that going from Jock Jams to a Marching Band is pure audible torture. "The Twilight Zone" was not written for Iowa State or even with us in mind. Iowa State has had several songs, fight songs, written for the school. As a Cyclone Fan, Student, Parent, Alumnus or Supporter you should at least take the time to learn the words to the fight song. The Fight Song should be a source of pride.

I respect opinions posted about the band playing after jock jams, i really do. I only take issue with any institution, my alma mater included, that arbitrarily abandons a rich school tradition for a thin layer of dazzle that is largely bereft of meaning.

Starter
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    I'm sick of ACDC songs, great band but so cliche....can we get something more modern?
    I couldn't agree more. We are getting rid of an old song and replacing it with an older one? There are plenty of new songs that would work. I trust JP will make the right decision though.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybone View Post
    I have seen several threads on this site relating to the pregame for the football games and I just want to add my opinion on this.

I am a proud former member of the "Varsity" Marching Band. I have 3 different versions of "Iowa State Fights" memorized to this day for having played it so much. Did you know that ISU has had several different fight songs? Rise Sons of ISU? For "I" for "S"? Probably not becuase there aren't any lyrics to them.

I was at ISU when the Athletic Department decided to play the jock jams mixes before the game and for the team when they left the locker room. It was negotiated that the stadium sound would be cut so the Band could play the fight song. I concede that going from Jock Jams to a Marching Band is pure audible torture. "The Twilight Zone" was not written for Iowa State or even with us in mind. Iowa State has had several songs, fight songs, written for the school. As a Cyclone Fan, Student, Parent, Alumnus or Supporter you should at least take the time to learn the words to the fight song. The Fight Song should be a source of pride.

I respect opinions posted about the band playing after jock jams, i really do. I only take issue with any institution, my alma mater included, that arbitrarily abandons a rich school tradition for a thin layer of dazzle that is largely bereft of meaning.
    Good post Cybone, the fight song is very important game day tradition

Although I dont really mind the Jock Jams music, I for one would like to see more focus on the school fight songs, which were created soley for ISU. I think the "razzle dazzle music " is a good way to get the crowd up and into the game quickly, espically during a into video something of that nature, but not at the expense of the ISU fight song.

The band is a important part of the gameday atmosphere and I hope JP and his team have thought of a creative way to make sure these important parts are not forgotten or take a back seat to Jock Jams or whatever they decide to use.

Moving the band to the North end of the Stadium is a step in the right direction.

All-Star
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybone View Post

What exactly is the cybone connected to? ;)

I agree we shouldn't abandon the fight songs, but there are numerous opportunities to play them throughout the game and immediately following the Cyclone victory. These should not be combined as they have been.

The flashy intro is great to bring the team out, but the band is the meat and potatoes of the music for the game. They can co-exist in peace and harmony (figuratively).

Even the tired jock jams tune has been successful at energizing the crowd. I'm torn as to whether to update it (leaning towards) or establish the current one as a tradition (kinda lame, but almost a tradition already).

Also, here's a novel idea: What about some of you with musical talents work on a new ISU-specific intro that is the best of both worlds?

Last edited by cyclonekj; 08-22-2006 at 09:33 PM.
    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    I believe Twilight zone is sang by Golden Ear ring, unless were talking about a different twilight zone

Rookie Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    Rock 'n' Roll will never die my friend. Find the rocker inside of yourself and jam out to some Angus Young!!!

Rock 'n' Rol aint no rythm ,man,...
    to me... it makes good, good sense!!!
    Never gonna Die!!! Never gonna Die!!!
    Rock 'n' Roll aint noise pollution!!!!
    Rock 'n' Roll aint gonna die!!!
    Rock 'n' Rollin' will survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy yourself some AC/DC CDs man, cause you could learn a few things about the best era of music in the history of the world.

Outtie...peace out. |..|,

God Bless America