Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 47

Cyclone defense

Cyclones have yet to allow a run of 20 yards or more, and only 13 runs of 10+ yards.
    ISU is 106th in the nation in terms of the amount of rushing plays against the defense.
    Lots of opportunities (127) to give up big run plays, but they have not.

Pass defense:
    21 pass plays of 10 or more yards
    By comparison that was 2nd best in Big12 w/teams that have played 3 games.
    Considering that's the rest of the schedule its good to see how they stack up.

10 pass plays of 20 or more yards
    5 pass plays of 30 or more yards
    2 pass plays of 40 or more yards
    ..and the dang UNI pass play down the sideline for 80.

The defense has been hit with more 20+ yard plays than you would like, but overall the numbers have looked good so far.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Re: Cyclone defense

What's this have to do with realignment? Kidding. How does our overall defensive numbers rank nationally ot Big 12?

KFitzy87

The pass defense is what scares me. It seems like the middle of the field is usually wide open against us and if teams were to run more slants then they'd shoot off 8 yards a play at least...

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    The pass defense is what scares me. It seems like the middle of the field is usually wide open against us and if teams were to run more slants then they'd shoot off 8 yards a play at least...
    Doesn't it seem like we benefit on offense from the same thing? I just think it's the way football looks now.

Pro
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 47

Quote Originally Posted by kberyldial View Post
    What's this have to do with realignment? Kidding. How does our overall defensive numbers rank nationally ot Big 12?
    I was surprised to see nationally ISU is typically ranked between 40-70 in most all pass defense categories. Very low completion percentage, and yards per attempt allowed. The problem being, Rennie and Uconn were not good passers, and JVB took the 2nd and 3rd qtr off in terms of accuracy. That number will rise in confernce play, but guys like Morgan and Broomfield will see the field more than Matty T...giving the Clones an extra hybrid/D-back for passing defense.

ISU's D is also ranked 60th in yard per carry allowed. That's really a nice surprise to me considering how many attempts they have faced against run dominant offenses.

I haven't sifted through the team offense much, but I do know guys like Reynolds, Lenz, and Shontrelle have basically met last season production in only 3 games.

THIS really stuck out.....ISU already has HALF of all the 20+ and 30+ yard passing plays they had all of last year. ISU had no pass plays of 40+ yards last year...already have 4 this year.

Jantz and the WRs making plays has really made this offense much more explosive.
    Cyclones production is through the roof right now.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html
    No one can match our dedication and passion for Nintendo's classic sports titles...Tecmo Bowl & R.B.I. Baseball. In-depth strategy guides, player attributes, team rankings, along with incredibly detailed recaps of our season play. We don't reminisce, we just keep playing!