Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Politics, Religon, Banking, Work and Why the Big 12 Will Survive

Here are my affiliations that I am tied to:

Family

All of my family and extended family are with 20 miles. I spend a lot of time with them.

Banking

Local Bank for pesonal and business accounts. All done locally within 10 miles.

Religon

Local Church - Spend about an hour a week, sometimes more for parish functions and fundraisers.

Work

Work within 1 mile of where I live. I spend a lot of time at work. I like what I do.

Politics

Vote locally and most of my political activities are within local as well (county and city)

This is more common than uncommon to have your affilations of families, banking, politics, and religion done a local basis.

How this relates to Conference Realignment and the Big 12 Surviving

I've spent enough time in Oklahoma and Texas to have a strong opinion that both states want their state schools affiliated with a local conference. The SWC and Big Eight were both extremely strong in both states. The idea of their state schools belonging to a Pacfic West Coast Conference and that has their head office in a west coast city does not sit well and goes against what most of their fans base is accustomed to, in my opinion.

I think their is a lot of negotiations going on with Oklahoma and Texas, but ultimately those schools want to stay together in the same locally dominated conference.

I think the longer this drags out, the more momentum that the option to stay in the Big 12 will pervail.

If Texas and Oklahoma stay, the conference will survive in some form and a couple of schools will be added eventually.

I think the Big 12 survives. Just my 2 cents.

Recruit
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Politics, Religon, Banking, Work and Why the Big 12 Will Survive

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzels View Post

I think the longer this drags out, the more momentum that the option to stay in the Big 12 will pervail.
    I think that's right, too.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 587
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 355

Family

All of my family and extended family are with 20 miles. I spend a lot of time with them.

Banking

Religon

Local Church - Spend about an hour a week, sometimes more for parish functions and fundraisers.

Work

Work within 1 mile of where I live. I spend a lot of time at work. I like what I do.

Politics

Vote locally and most of my political activities are within local as well (county and city)

This is more common than uncommon to have your affilations of families, banking, politics, and religion done a local basis.

I've spent enough time in Oklahoma and Texas to have a strong opinion that both states want their state schools affiliated with a local conference. The SWC and Big Eight were both extremely strong in both states. The idea of their state schools belonging to a Pacfic West Coast Conference and that has their head office in a west coast city does not sit well and goes against what most of their fans base is accustomed to, in my opinion.

I think their is a lot of negotiations going on with Oklahoma and Texas, but ultimately those schools want to stay together in the same locally dominated conference.

If Texas and Oklahoma stay, the conference will survive in some form and a couple of schools will be added eventually.

Do you really live in a '72 Winnebago?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,178
    Given: 606

I really can't see the draw for UT and OU in the PAC 12+. Less power, probably not any more money in it. Not sure why the PAC 12 would want them either. Didn't they just sign a big tv deal? That would be split more ways, and they can't exactly go back and negotiate more money for a better lineup.

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,416
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 59

Family

Banking

Religon

Work

Politics

get out much?

ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

Addict
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I really can't see the draw for UT and OU in the PAC 12+. Less power, probably not any more money in it. Not sure why the PAC 12 would want them either. Didn't they just sign a big tv deal? That would be split more ways, and they can't exactly go back and negotiate more money for a better lineup.
    Well they may not get a new TV Deal, but they still have the Pac 12 network or whatever they are working on. There will be alot more games that need to be on television that will not be covered by those other TV deals so that would likely make the Pac 12 network a more valuable commodity.

That said I am with the OP I think (hope) in the end that the rest stay put.

Walk On
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    get out much?