Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 60

Re: Some words from Tuberville

Things MAY be turning just a little bit. What I'd like to know is why they CAN'T save the conference. If UT is going to have to give up the LHN anyway, why couldn't they do that in the Big 12? They just need to talk to OU, because I really doubt that OU WANTS to leave, they are just fed up with the whole LHN fiasco. If you have OU/UT, you have a conference. Get everyone to buy in, set up larger exit penalties, and grab BYU. Done. UT would have to concede the LHN in some form...either sharing revenues or adding teams to make it more of a Big 12 Network. But why wouldn't they do that rather than playing a Pac 12 schedule every year?

Rookie
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 109

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Things MAY be turning just a little bit. What I'd like to know is why they CAN'T save the conference. If UT is going to have to give up the LHN anyway, why couldn't they do that in the Big 12? They just need to talk to OU, because I really doubt that OU WANTS to leave, they are just fed up with the whole LHN fiasco. If you have OU/UT, you have a conference. Get everyone to buy in, set up larger exit penalties, and grab BYU. Done. UT would have to concede the LHN in some form...either sharing revenues or adding teams to make it more of a Big 12 Network. But why wouldn't they do that rather than playing a Pac 12 schedule every year?
    Mack Brown wants to keep it, Tuberville thinks it's savable (and I get the feeling he is being included in more conversations than some other coaches), T Boone flipped from the edge to I think we might be able to work it out.... sounds like OU is the only one still gung ho to me.

I think the Big XII survives

Pro
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 91

What is the chance that Oklahoma and Okie State leave and Texas and Texas Tech stay? Is this better, worse, or just delaying our chance and stabilty?

All-Star
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 199
    Given: 330

Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    What is the chance that Oklahoma and Okie State leave and Texas and Texas Tech stay? Is this better, worse, or just delaying our chance and stabilty?
    My ideal scenario (which won't happen): TU, TTU and Okie State stay and OU goes. I would be tickled to get rid of OU - the arrogance exuded by their AD, Pres and Stoops is nauseating. I know that OSU will likely follow OU, but I'd love it if OU left and we swiped up BYU and 3 other teams (Cincy, Louisville, ??). Again, won't happen - but I can dream.

Utah Utes, Illinois Illini. The University of Pennsylvania thought about following this pattern by calling themselves the Pennsylvania Pencils. However, they were afraid their students would start chanting "We're No. 2"

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 130

Quote Originally Posted by kentkel View Post
    My ideal scenario (which won't happen): TU, TTU and Okie State stay and OU goes. I would be tickled to get rid of OU - the arrogance exuded by their AD, Pres and Stoops is nauseating. I know that OSU will likely follow OU, but I'd love it if OU left and we swiped up BYU and 3 other teams (Cincy, Louisville, ??). Again, won't happen - but I can dream.
    Do you really want to be left alone with the others in a conference with UT and no other power broker left as a check on them? And conferences with potential spots east and west to always woo them as the sword of Damocles over our collective heads?

PAC might do us a favor and sweep both UT and OU out of this conference, maybe even leaving their stated traveling partners behind. I would be OK with that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 0

Texas Tech is one step above a junior college for academics. I don't see any kind of fit for the Pac 12 actually.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 25

OU and OSU operate under separate BOR's, but I still see them going together.

I believe Mack Brown probably has the strongest pull with his AD, and the other thing, he understands the with the Big 12, it is easier to get to a National Championship game easier than it will ever be in the Pac-12/14/16.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,163
    Given: 910

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    I don't get why the Big 12 can't share the main tv deal equally like other conferences but then let Texas or anybody else do their own thing with a separate network? Seems like a great compromise for everybody.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

toobyville has been doing a decent job of recruiting. toobyville is a big chicken because he got tcu off of his schedule and replaced them with a powder puff so he could inflate the win-loss column.
    i can't wait until mike leach collects millions (yes, millions) of dollars from the texas tech and the texas board of regents for his illegal dismissal. i hope mike leach gives the boysand ladies a real good haircut and a strong kick in the butt at texas tech....that is why i have no love for texas tech and the baby james kid where the old man was sticking his big nose in coach mike leach's business. i have no time for craig james. when he is broadcasting a colllege game i seek another channel because i cannot stand the two faced idiot. he is a replicate of the north omaha qbs dad who stuck his nose into the athletic office with our athletic director when the little bates boy left iowa state over whether bates should get some qb time vs austin arnaud. austin was clearly a better qb vs. mr bates...

doc

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Die4Cy View Post
    PAC might do us a favor and sweep both UT and OU out of this conference, maybe even leaving their stated traveling partners behind. I would be OK with that.
    I'd be OK with that too. If UT and OU and ATM all left and OSU and TT stayed behind I'd be fine with that; better than a lot of the other alternatives. Pickup some remnants of the BE, maybe BYU, and we'd have a decent group. Not as good at the B12 but better than the old BE. Could keep the B12 name, TV contracts and soak the bad boys for their exits fees.