Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

Colorado better vote down to deny Texas to Pac 16

Its the only thing right for them to do as they left becuz of Texas along with Nebraska, so they better vote no to have Texas joining the Pac 16....

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

Re: Colorado better vote down to deny Texas to Pac 16

For the millionth time, Colorado didn't run away from Texas - Colorado jumped when they did to block Texas from stealing their seat at the Pac 1X table by bringing Baylor with them.

When Colorado jumped to the Pac 10, they ASSUMED Texas was right behind them. They were NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM TEXAS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BEAT THEM THERE!!!

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Starter
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post

For the millionth time, Colorado didn't run away from Texas - Colorado jumped when they did to block Texas from stealing their seat at the Pac 1X table by bringing Baylor with them.

When Colorado jumped to the Pac 10, they ASSUMED Texas was right behind them. They were NOT RUNNING AWAY FROM TEXAS, THEY WERE TRYING TO BEAT THEM THERE!!!
    From the Denver Post:

University of Colorado president Bruce Benson said this morning he is wary of further Pac-12 expansion, particularly if Colorado is placed in an "East" division with former rivals from the Big 12 such as Oklahoma and Texas.
    Benson said he would discuss the situation with university chancellor Phil DiStefano later today. Expansion talks have heated up in the aftermath of the Big 12 losing Texas A&M last week, and widespread speculation that Oklahoma and Texas might now bolt, possibly to the Pac 12.
    "One of the reasons - and there are a lot of reasons - we got in the Pac 12 is to play regularly on the West Coast," Benson said. "When I hear things like East-West divisions, we're going back to the Big 12 again. I don't know who's possibly going, but I sure don't want to get shorted out of the West Coast."
    The Pac-12, which expanded with Colorado and Utah last spring, could possibly become the Pac-16. Oklahoma officials have indicated its priority, if the Big 12 doesn't stay solvent, is joining the Pac-12. Should OU commit to a move it could push others to join, such as Texas, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech​.
    Benson and DiStefano always maintained a major reason for CU joining the Pac-12 was that the schools matched Colorado's academic mission. While Oklahoma and Texas are on a par with CU academically, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State may not be.
    "I believe that we should have a robust academic atmosphere among all schools in the league," Benson said. "What schools have cinch courses or gut courses? We don't have any and never will. The Pac-12 doesn't. Some Big 12 schools do."

Rookie
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I would agree with the above. The Big 12 looked dead. CU wanted the Pac-10, but felt they were going to get shut out as UT brought Baylor in its place. CU acted to protect itself (as it should) before it was shut out.

Addict
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,764
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 4

With the 4 pod system the PAC will use, it wont be an issue. The pod system will most likely be adopted over the divisions for all of these supers.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 325

Quote Originally Posted by leroycyclone View Post
    From the Denver Post:

University of Colorado president Bruce Benson said this morning he is wary of further Pac-12 expansion, particularly if Colorado is placed in an "East" division with former rivals from the Big 12 such as Oklahoma and Texas.
    Benson said he would discuss the situation with university chancellor Phil DiStefano later today. Expansion talks have heated up in the aftermath of the Big 12 losing Texas A&M last week, and widespread speculation that Oklahoma and Texas might now bolt, possibly to the Pac 12.
    "One of the reasons - and there are a lot of reasons - we got in the Pac 12 is to play regularly on the West Coast," Benson said. "When I hear things like East-West divisions, we're going back to the Big 12 again. I don't know who's possibly going, but I sure don't want to get shorted out of the West Coast."
    The Pac-12, which expanded with Colorado and Utah last spring, could possibly become the Pac-16. Oklahoma officials have indicated its priority, if the Big 12 doesn't stay solvent, is joining the Pac-12. Should OU commit to a move it could push others to join, such as Texas, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech​.
    Benson and DiStefano always maintained a major reason for CU joining the Pac-12 was that the schools matched Colorado's academic mission. While Oklahoma and Texas are on a par with CU academically, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State may not be.
    "I believe that we should have a robust academic atmosphere among all schools in the league," Benson said. "What schools have cinch courses or gut courses? We don't have any and never will. The Pac-12 doesn't. Some Big 12 schools do."
    Your Denver Post article doesn't make my statement any less incorrect.

Last year when this was first all going down it was Texas, A&M, Texas Tech, OU, OSU, and Baylor going to the Pac 10. Colorado was not in the picture. Suddenly, out of nowhere and to the surprise of everybody, Colorado beats everybody to the punch and gets themselves into the Pac 10. From that moment on it was everyone in the South EXCEPT Baylor going to the Pac 10. It wasn't until Texas and OU backed off that the Pac 10 brought in Utah.

It is absolute revisionist history to say CU going to the Pac 10 was running away from Texas because when Colorado jumped all the Big 12 South schools except Baylor were still on the docket to join the conference.

Colorado may not want Texas in the conference NOW, but that doesn't mean they ran away from Texas by joining the Pac 10.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.