Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 17,301, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GoClones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    423
    Points
    17,301
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    As we all know last night on ESPN, it stated that Baylor and ISU have "reached out" to the Big East conference for membership. IS THIS TRUE? I have a hard time believing that the Big East was JP's best backup plan.

    I think that ESPN in some ways is trying to thwart attempts at the BIG12 staying together. I would question the timing of Baylor and ISU coming to the Big East at this point in time, with OU and Texas meeting on Monday, unless they know something we don't (i.e. OU is for sure going to the Pac 12).

    Besides the fact that the Big East is as unstable as the Big12 at this point, why join another unstable and reeling conference, especially before knowing what is going on with your conference.

    I think this also makes even less sense when ISU and Baylor along with several other bottom tier teams trying to hold members from the Big12 in the conference with litigation threats, this would in essence moot our position of why we are not waiving our rights to sue TA&M if they leave.

    I think this ESPN source is full of bull pucky, trying to create a story where none is found. But I am not on the inside loop as many of you may be....This is all just my opinion, and encourage other posts of how you see this going down, or what you know.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 172,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,438
    Points
    172,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    If this is true, I can't imagine that JP is all too pleased that it got leaked somehow. We sure look STUPID now.

    JP has always been very good at keeping his mouth shut, and in no way would ever have wanted this to get leaked, if it's even true?

    But now it's out there, and we look stupid. Especially now, since the Big East is imploding.

    And it would destroy any case we may have had against other Big 12 teams leaving.

    This couldn't be going any worse for us right now IMO.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 214,219, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Points
    214,219
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    If this is true, I can't imagine that JP is all too pleased that it got leaked somehow. We sure look STUPID now.

    JP has always been very good at keeping his mouth shut, and in no way would ever have wanted this to get leaked, if it's even true?

    But now it's out there, and we look stupid. Especially now, since the Big East is imploding.

    And it would destroy any case we may have had against other Big 12 teams leaving.

    This couldn't be going any worse for us right now IMO.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 9,377, Level: 29
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    667
    Points
    9,377
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Just because it was "leaked" doesn't mean it's accurate.

    If it is accurate, JP is a fool as stated by CloneDude.

    We do look extremely stupid, but maybe JP knows we're completely screwed in every other scenario.

    Will the Big East continue to be a BCS conference? It doesn't seem like it will, to me.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 135,559, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,282
    Points
    135,559
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 273

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    If this is true, I can't imagine that JP is all too pleased that it got leaked somehow. We sure look STUPID now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If it is accurate, JP is a fool as stated by CloneDude.
    Please enlighten me how we look stupid if we contacted the Big East?



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 253,674, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,423
    Points
    253,674
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 357

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    If this is true, I can't imagine that JP is all too pleased that it got leaked somehow. We sure look STUPID now.

    JP has always been very good at keeping his mouth shut, and in no way would ever have wanted this to get leaked, if it's even true?

    But now it's out there, and we look stupid. Especially now, since the Big East is imploding.

    And it would destroy any case we may have had against other Big 12 teams leaving.

    This couldn't be going any worse for us right now IMO.
    Speaking of looking stupid.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 47,674, Level: 67
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    im4cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,476
    Points
    47,674
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 209

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by GoClones123 View Post
    As we all know last night on ESPN, it stated that Baylor and ISU have "reached out" to the Big East conference for membership. IS THIS TRUE? I have a hard time believing that the Big East was JP's best backup plan.

    I think that ESPN in some ways is trying to thwart attempts at the BIG12 staying together. I would question the timing of Baylor and ISU coming to the Big East at this point in time, with OU and Texas meeting on Monday, unless they know something we don't (i.e. OU is for sure going to the Pac 12).

    Besides the fact that the Big East is as unstable as the Big12 at this point, why join another unstable and reeling conference, especially before knowing what is going on with your conference.

    I think this also makes even less sense when ISU and Baylor along with several other bottom tier teams trying to hold members from the Big12 in the conference with litigation threats, this would in essence moot our position of why we are not waiving our rights to sue TA&M if they leave.

    I think this ESPN source is full of bull pucky, trying to create a story where none is found. But I am not on the inside loop as many of you may be....This is all just my opinion, and encourage other posts of how you see this going down, or what you know.
    After reading about espn in the whole leach-ttu case, I can totally see them try to sabotage the b12. No conference means they don't have to honor their tv contract to a vastly watered down b12.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 317,762, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    7,735
    Points
    317,762
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,093
    Given: 223

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    If this is true, I can't imagine that JP is all too pleased that it got leaked somehow. We sure look STUPID now.

    JP has always been very good at keeping his mouth shut, and in no way would ever have wanted this to get leaked, if it's even true?

    But now it's out there, and we look stupid. Especially now, since the Big East is imploding.

    And it would destroy any case we may have had against other Big 12 teams leaving.

    This couldn't be going any worse for us right now IMO.
    Please edit your post in the following way:

    Delete everything except the second sentence.
    Replace "We sure look" with "I am".
    Delete "now".

    There, now your post is accurate.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 172,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,438
    Points
    172,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Please enlighten me how we look stupid if we contacted the Big East?
    Because we contacted a conference that isn't going to be a conference much longer. The Big East might be less stable than the Big 12 is?

    And... on top of that, if this is true, we have lost any possibility of getting any money from other Big 12 teams fleeing. You can't be committed to the Big 12 while going out and looking to leave yourself.

    I just hope it comes out that ESPN had no idea what they were talking about. They usually don't, so that's still a good possibility.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 135,559, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,282
    Points
    135,559
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 273

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Because we contacted a conference that isn't going to be a conference much longer. The Big East might be less stable than the Big 12 is?

    And... on top of that, if this is true, we have lost any possibility of getting any money from other Big 12 teams fleeing. You can't be committed to the Big 12 while going out and looking to leave yourself.

    I just hope it comes out that ESPN had no idea what they were talking about. They usually don't, so that's still a good possibility.
    Do you have someone to tie your shoelaces, or do you just stick with velcro?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 559,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,285
    Points
    559,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 78

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    Do you have someone to tie your shoelaces, or do you just stick with velcro?
    Velcro is probably still too advanced. I'd guess Crocs.




  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Velcro is probably still too advanced. I'd guess Crocs.
    Crocs are tough. You still have to actually put your foot into a shoe. I prefer flip flops. Or even better, sandals. Then all you have to do is spear the shoe with your foot. As long as you have the right shoe on the right foot (and the left on the left), you're golden.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 559,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,285
    Points
    559,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 78

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    Crocs are tough. You still have to actually put your foot into a shoe. I prefer flip flops. Or even better, sandals. Then all you have to do is spear the shoe with your foot. As long as you have the right shoe on the right foot (and the left on the left), you're golden.
    That sounds ******* complicated, better stick to bare feet.




  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 17,301, Level: 40
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GoClones123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    423
    Points
    17,301
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Okay so tell me why we looked Brilliant for contacting the Big East? You seem to like calling everyone on this thread a moron who prefers velcro over shoe laces but you are bringing nothing to the conversation.

    Judoka - Try to intelligently list out 3 reasons why going to the Big East at this time is a smart move. BTW statistics and actual evidence of your points and reasons might not be a bad idea.

    (And I will list about 20 reasons why I am directly west of a moron)

    Also, velcro shoes used to be cool



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BIG EAST-JP's BIG BACKUP PLAN??

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    That sounds ******* complicated, better stick to bare feet.
    I could probably do that, although with where you live, wouldn't you be worried about stepping in something?


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM