Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU,MU,KSU,KU to the B1G!!!

So I think Monday would be a GREAT day for a package deal to be presented to the B1G.

Why wait! Act Now! Hurry, hurry, hurry, step right up! Don't get left in the dust! The Early bird gets the worm! Time is of the essence! (insert more cliche's here)

I'm so tired of this **** falling apart around us. So the season is looking great while the sky is falling on our future. How long is it going to take until we go public with our package deal to the B1G? Do we really wait until the Oklahoma BOR and Texas BOR release the news that we all know is coming?

I think Pitt, Cuse to the ACC was very smart for both. They presented the package at the right time in the right way, and frankly, I can't see the B1G rejecting an ISU, MU, KSU and KU package presented next week.

Honor before Victory

Rookie
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: ISU,MU,KSU,KU to the B1G!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ljhlax View Post
    So I think Monday would be a GREAT day for a package deal to be presented to the B1G.

Why wait! Act Now! Hurry, hurry, hurry, step right up! Don't get left in the dust! The Early bird gets the worm! Time is of the essence! (insert more cliche's here)

I'm so tired of this **** falling apart around us. So the season is looking great while the sky is falling on our future. How long is it going to take until we go public with our package deal to the B1G? Do we really wait until the Oklahoma BOR and Texas BOR release the news that we all know is coming?

I think Pitt, Cuse to the ACC was very smart for both. They presented the package at the right time in the right way, and frankly, I can't see the B1G rejecting an ISU, MU, KSU and KU package presented next week.
    Take KSU out of there and I might be with you. Big Ten would NEVER take a school like that. They'd sooner take the University of Chicago (oh, they already have) and pump their athletics up to FBS level. I just think KU/MU/ISU are good fits for that league and could each offer something significant. ND too.

I'm not necessarily saying that we offer the Big Ten $$$ or a new market, but we are a very good university. We provide depth to the conference, geographic rivals, a passionate fan base, and another land-grant institution with a heavy research endowment. We're not chopped liver and need to stop thinking of ourselves in that way; the B1G is probably concerned about TV markets, yes, but I think they may consider other factors in a way that we're not fully capable of understanding. This whole thing is a mess.

I expect we have already "presented" ourselves to all of the leagues out there, and did last year as well (B1G, Pac, ACC, you name it).

My first ISU basketball game - Fred Hoiberg was on the court.
    My first ISU football game - Paul Rhoads was on the sidelines.
    But they hadn't yet reached their full potential.

SO PROUD that things have come full circle. #cyclONEnation

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 19

I truly don't see any way they would accept that.

KSU is not an AAU institution.

Going to 16 would effectively freeze them out of picking up Notre Dame, which is absolutely not something they want to do.

Adding Iowa State before they might have to would cut everyone's share of the revenue.

It just does not make sense... right now.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 9

KSU isn't going. They aren't even close. The rest is such a long shot it isn't funny.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I truly don't see any way they would accept that.

KSU is not an AAU institution.

Going to 16 would effectively freeze them out of picking up Notre Dame, which is absolutely not something they want to do.

Adding Iowa State before they might have to would cut everyone's share of the revenue.

It just does not make sense... right now.
    Well, I for one, will be disappointed if I don't here this news next week. As for KSU, their at record enrollments, their Graduate program has made greater strides than any Big 12 school in the last ten years, their Olathe research park is going to take their research to a whole new level, and their Carnegie Classification I think makes up for their non AAU status.

ND WON'T happen for the B1G. Most everyone East of Iowa has realized that for years.

It wouldn't cut revenue and everyone's cut, because they would restructure, add 3 mid-major to major markets and monopolize their footprint in the Midwest securing the B1G network in every satellite and cable package from PN to West KS and NE.

It is absolutely time to be proactive. I hope that JP and GG are on the phone all day tomorrow with their friends from the former Big12 North getting this deal done instead of watching NFL games and hack ESPN analysts break down how they think the Chips will fall in conference reallignment.

Last edited by ljhlax; 09-18-2011 at 01:12 AM.
    Honor before Victory

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    KSU isn't going. They aren't even close. The rest is such a long shot it isn't funny.
    In your non-expert opinion.

Honor before Victory

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,356
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 39

Well, I for one, will be disappointed if I don't here this news next week. As for KSU, their at record enrollments, their Graduate program has made greater strides than any Big 12 school in the last ten years, their Olathe research park is going to take their research to a whole new level, and their Carnegie Classification I think makes up for their non AAU status.

ND WON'T happen for the B1G. Most everyone East of Iowa has realized that for years.

It wouldn't cut revenue and everyone's cut, because they would restructure, add 3 mid-major to major markets and monopolize their footprint in the Midwest securing the B1G network in every satellite and cable package from PN to West KS and NE.

It is absolutely time to be proactive. I hope that JP and GG are on the phone all day tomorrow with their friends from the former Big12 North getting this deal done instead of watching NFL games and hack ESPN analysts break down how they think the Chips will fall in conference reallignment.
    They have to go somewhere if the 16 team conferences happen.

Addict
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 7

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 30

**** you. I read the title and got excited for about half a second, then I turned my brain back on...

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    They have to go somewhere if the 16 team conferences happen.
    Actually, No. They've proven they never have had to go somewhere. Them and Texas will both be Independents next year.

Honor before Victory

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 19

Them and Texas will both be Independents next year.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,356
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 39

Actually, No. They've proven they never have had to go somewhere. Them and Texas will both be Independents next year.
    This 16 team conferences is likely setting up for a playoff system between the 4 superconference to then determine a national champion between the winners of the superconferences. If they don't join somewhere then they will be left out. Also, I think its been pretty clear that Texas doesn't want to be an independent.

Last edited by awd4cy; 09-18-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    So Chip reports Texas exploring ACC/PAC options, destabalizes any talk of Big12 adding BYU quickly. Oklahoma gets antsy, and Chip reports Oklahoma to the PAC a real possibility, the Big 12 freaks. Chip reports PAC is a viable options but Texas is looking harder at whether ACC is going to happen. So Pitt and Cuse apply for ACC, Oklahoma and Texas Regents are meeting on Monday, most likely to put together packages for the PAC. Only problem, OU and OSU is welcome in PAC, but who will UT take with them to PAC, TTech right, but well that leaves Baylor in the cold. So TTech and Baylor go instead, leaving UT an Independent option. They go with the Longhorn network, negotiate game contracts with OU, aTm, Baylor, and TTech, continue the BYU game, and all they have to pick up is 3 more big games and they get as much National coverage as Notre Dame has every season.

Myself, and thousands of others, just can't see Notre Dame leaving their NBC deal to jump to the B1G and the B1G network.

And, there is already an ACC hiccup with the Longhorn Network and who knows how the PAC would be able to work the Network in with their revenue sharing. So it seems like things are falling how Chip and the Texas faithful have orchestrated them.

We have the option to get played or turn this to our advantage. Personally, I'd like to see it turn to our advantage.

Honor before Victory

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    This 16 team conferences is likely setting up for a playoff system between the 4 superconference to then determine a national champion between the winners of the superconferences. If they don't join somewhere then they will be left out. Also, I think its been pretty clear that Texas doesn't want to be an independent.
    The 4 superconference scenario with a playoff has been manufactured by the media. The Bowl system is here to say, but it doesn't mean that Conferences aren't going to take the opportunity to grow, solidify or maximize their power as things shake out. Now that the conference reallignment is happening full force and C-USA, Big East, MWC and the leftovers from the Big 12 are going to be fighting for spots in what could be a superconference, or joining forces in a semi-superconference or just S.O.L. it is advantageous for us to go forward with a proposal.

Independents as strong as ND and possibly Texas would NEVER be left out. ND plays consistently a top 10 toughest schedule in the country (using the same formula that has graded ISU's schedule so tough in recent years) and Texas is going to go the rivalry route knowing that playing OU, aTm, TTech, BYU and whoever they decide to add to it are going to be much more appealing for their network than playing Washington State, Duke or even ISU every year.

Honor before Victory

Rookie
    Thumbs Up

The new map of the B1G!

Also, for everyone dissing KSU as a non-AAU, could someone please elaborate why one highly credited Research organization with Ivy League schools and top tier Universities is better than another highly credited Research organization with the other Ivy League schools and top tier Universities.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big10.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	10030  

Honor before Victory