Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    http://deadspin.com/5841431/

    Summary: It was an accident guys. The poor kid tripped over stairs and fell down. No one at UCONN attacked him like some people claimed here.

    BTW, congrats on the late comeback win. Your team held on while we are still looking for a QB.

    Since we will probably be conference mates soon, congrats on being 3-0.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 158,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,888
    Points
    158,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    if that is an official statement/UCONN needs it's academic credentials revoked.

    doofus.


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 91,678, Level: 94
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,472
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,278
    Points
    91,678
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 36

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    So Cy is no different than some scumbag slipping on the floor at Wal-Mart looking for a legal settlement payday.


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,756, Level: 31
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    248
    Points
    10,756
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by UCHusky View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5841431/

    Summary: It was an accident guys. The poor kid tripped over stairs and fell down. No one at UCONN attacked him like some people claimed here.

    BTW, congrats on the late comeback win. Your team held on while we are still looking for a QB.

    Since we will probably be conference mates soon, congrats on being 3-0.
    I think most of us will believe what our fellow poster/ Cy tells us not yours or UCONNs version of it.



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,726, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,546
    Points
    57,726
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Either CY just fell and what we heard was wrong or he was just being really nice at the time and didn't want to point the finger at anybody.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 25,069, Level: 48
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ty4cy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames/Spirit Lake
    Posts
    973
    Points
    25,069
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Here is an email I received from the AD after I wrote him.

    Thank you for your email…I think that this statement from UConn accurately reflects the events of the evening. We all help that the young man makes a full and healthy recovery. Good luck to your team the rest of the way. Sincerely, Mike Enright, Associate AD, Communications

    **
    The costumed mascot for Iowa State University suffered a broken arm while in the University of Connecticut student section at Friday night’s football game between the two schools.

    The student in the mascot costume was treated by the East Hartford (Conn.) Fire Department EMTs and examined by orthopedic doctors from both the UConn and Iowa State sports medicine staffs. The student was transported to the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington (Conn.), where he was treated and released and
    was able to fly home on the school’s charter plane back to Ames, Iowa, following the game.

    Officers from the Connecticut State Police immediately investigated the incident through a series of interviews with witnesses, including the student in the ISU mascot costume who was injured. The police determined there was no physical altercation tied to the event and no charges were filed. Instead, it was determined that the injuries were caused when the student in the mascot costumed tripped down the stairs. These facts were confirmed by the student mascot in an interview with the police.

    In addition, there were no patrons ejected from the game because of the incident.

    Officials from both the UConn and Iowa State athletic departments worked together to make sure that the student received the proper medical treatment. Before departing Rentschler Field to return back to Ames, officials from ISU indicated that they were satisfied with the findings of the police.


    Hilton Coliseum was specifically built to hold in sound with a solid concrete structure, steel doors, and a crowd that sits just a few feet from the court. With a fan base that frequently ranks among the nations largest crowds, players from opposing teams, as well as Iowa State, have said that the floor has shaken due to the loudness of the crowd

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 71,889, Level: 83
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,261
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SNEDDS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    2,384
    Points
    71,889
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 9

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by UCHusky View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5841431/

    Summary: It was an accident guys. The poor kid tripped over stairs and fell down. No one at UCONN attacked him like some people claimed here.

    BTW, congrats on the late comeback win. Your team held on while we are still looking for a QB.

    Since we will probably be conference mates soon, congrats on being 3-0.
    No offense but I should give you the warm welcome I got on your site....but i won't. You are always welcome here.


    *Rest in peace corn dog chick

    "what you dont know is that treehouse masters is just mansions for WVU fans"


    CF Fantasy Football Champ 2013


  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 856,849, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,039
    Points
    856,849
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 1,115

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    That's the e-mail response that UConn sent to me. Cy fell, they feel badly about it. ISU officials were satisfied with the police questioning, and the student gave a statement to UConn police that he was not pushed, but fell down the stairs.

    Edit: See ty4cy90's post. Same e-mail.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 150,371, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    iahawkhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    2,758
    Points
    150,371
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 10

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by HuxleyClone View Post
    I think most of us will believe what our fellow poster/ Cy tells us not yours or UCONNs version of it.
    This line in the statement surprised me:
    These facts were confirmed by the student mascot in an interview with the police.


    Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.

  10. #10
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    if that is an official statement/UCONN needs it's academic credentials revoked.

    doofus.
    I am sure UCONN would release a statement full of reference to ISU without confirming the story. Did you read the part mascot himself confirmed the story in the police interview?



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 585,437, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    3,921
    Points
    585,437
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 90

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    He was pushed off the wall he was trying to get over. GTFO UCHusky for posting that it was, "okay."



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 57,726, Level: 74
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clone5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,546
    Points
    57,726
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by UCHusky View Post
    I am sure UCONN would release a statement full of reference to ISU without confirming the story. Did you read the part mascot himself confirmed the story in the police interview?
    He probably just didn't want to get anybody in trouble.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 91,678, Level: 94
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,472
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,278
    Points
    91,678
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 36

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by ty4cy90 View Post
    Here is an email I received from the AD after I wrote him.

    Thank you for your email…I think that this statement from UConn accurately reflects the events of the evening. We all help that the young man makes a full and healthy recovery. Good luck to your team the rest of the way. Sincerely, Mike Enright, Associate AD, Communications

    **
    The costumed mascot for Iowa State University suffered a broken arm while in the University of Connecticut student section at Friday night’s football game between the two schools.

    The student in the mascot costume was treated by the East Hartford (Conn.) Fire Department EMTs and examined by orthopedic doctors from both the UConn and Iowa State sports medicine staffs. The student was transported to the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington (Conn.), where he was treated and released and
    was able to fly home on the school’s charter plane back to Ames, Iowa, following the game.

    Officers from the Connecticut State Police immediately investigated the incident through a series of interviews with witnesses, including the student in the ISU mascot costume who was injured. The police determined there was no physical altercation tied to the event and no charges were filed. Instead, it was determined that the injuries were caused when the student in the mascot costumed tripped down the stairs. These facts were confirmed by the student mascot in an interview with the police.

    In addition, there were no patrons ejected from the game because of the incident.

    Officials from both the UConn and Iowa State athletic departments worked together to make sure that the student received the proper medical treatment. Before departing Rentschler Field to return back to Ames, officials from ISU indicated that they were satisfied with the findings of the police.
    I got the same email with the same bad spell check offering of help instead of hope


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 253,638, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,416
    Points
    253,638
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 354

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    help is spelled correctly.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 97,363, Level: 97
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,687
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,694
    Points
    97,363
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 14

    Re: UCONN released statement on the mascot accident

    Quote Originally Posted by UCHusky View Post
    http://deadspin.com/5841431/

    Summary: It was an accident guys. The poor kid tripped over stairs and fell down. No one at UCONN attacked him like some people claimed here.

    BTW, congrats on the late comeback win. Your team held on while we are still looking for a QB.

    Since we will probably be conference mates soon, congrats on being 3-0.
    We'll see what the truth is. I've read enough from Iowa State fans at the game that this didn't exactly go down this way. And I've also read enough from people at the game that Iowa State fans were treated extremely poorly at your stadium. That's too bad, really makes me hope we don't end up in the Big East. You'll find that Iowa State fans are generally a lot more classy than that.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM