Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 623

ISU more motivated than Iowa

I'm so sick of hearing this from Hawk fans and players. I guess for some reason I dont understand the excuse of not being ready to play your instate rivalry game.

According to them, Chizik is just taking a page of Mac's book and making this game our "Superbowl".

I dont think anything frustrates me more than hearing that. Oh well, we have won 7 of the last 10 Superbowls

Scout.com: Howe: Iowa State Holds Emotional Edge...Again

Starter
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 1

I don't see it

I saw nothing this week to indicate that Chizek is going to make Iowa the Clones Super Bowl. He stressed the importance of it being a rivalry game- but other than that I thought he was pretty matter of fact.

Its hard to explain why ISU has had so much success against Kirk Ferentz coached teams. I think Mac did get his players up, but I don't think that impacted their ability to get motivated for the next 8 or 9 games.

I think the reality is Iowa's team is built to compete in the Big 10 where stopping the run is Prior 1 & 2. Looking back over the last few years- teams that run spread offenses have given the Hawks problems.

Conversely, the Big 12 has some great athletes and teams that tend to spread your defense out. ISU's lack a team speed and strength become a big problem in the Big 12.

Addict
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 0

Re: ISU more motivated than Iowa

If any game gets more attention to Chizik it will be Texas or Oklahoma. From where he came from Iowa isn't that big of a deal. Us fans got up more for this one and maybe the players took that emotion, but if that's the case maybe Iowa fans need to look at themselves for trying to act as though it isn't that big of a deal. If that were the case it wouldn't be that big of a deal to lose.

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,378
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

I am quite sick of it, too.

Whether its real or not, I don't care. The answer for me is the same; there is no way in (*&# that it should be.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,006
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 1

Coach C has already stated before this game he didn't come here to win the CY-HAWK Trophy. I think that statement says it all.

Did you guys hear the Iowa Player (can't remember the name) on KCCI saying that "ISU is always fired up for this game and we were not prepared" That is the most Baby type excuse I have ever heard. I just think that we are not quite as bad as we thought we were b/c of some bad turnovers in the last two games and Iowa is not as good as they think they are and we met somewhere in the middle. How bout that?

Addict
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,868
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 69

Sure it's a big game, but most of our Big 12 games are too. Nebraska comes to mind as a bigger one for me.

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 3

There would be little reason for our guys to not be fired up. Chizik is trying to get them going to get our first win, the players want the crowd to stick around... and then of course, there's the rivalry deal, which is always nice to win.

There were a lot of factors going into the players really trying to get pumped up for this one. And it wasn't simply because we were playing Iowa.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,345
    Given: 939

I remember from the pre-game intro on the VS. broadcast that Chizik said that he understands the importance of rivalry - afterall, he was part of the Alabama-Auburn rivalry and the Texas-Oklahoma and Texas-aTm rivalries. He understands that the game is important, especially for the fans. However, as much as he DOES wan that trophy in his case, the main focus of his purpose here is not to win that trophy but to win championships. I think this is where Ferentz and Chizik differ. Ferentz has been famous for saying that he treats all games the same - no one game is more important than any other game on the schedule. I think Chizik looks at it differnetly - the next game on the schedule is the most important game of the season. It doesn't matter what we did last week and it doesn't matter what who we're playing 2 or 3 weeks from now. I think we'll probably relish the victory in practice on Monday, and then it will be all Toledo the rest of the week. Anyone that even hints at Nebraska will receive a swift kick.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.