Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Cy mascot got a broken arm?

You're trying to connect dots here. That's not what the poster said.

Where in his post did it say that this was okay?

All-Star
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 387

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    You think it's ok for for some one to break mascots arm?!
    where did i say that it was okay to resort to violence? i said it was a PR move. i would expect tomorrow morning, if they haven't all ready, the president and AD of uconn to contact the iowa state athletic dept in hopes on contacting the young man who was injured. they will most likely apologize and offer to help pay for, if not fully cover, the young man's medical bills. uconn will likely issue a press release stating that the actions do not represent what it means to be a husky or something of the sort and make public their plan of aide. iowa state gets a little jab in on twitter, and uconn gets a chance to do the right thing. what exactly do you think should happen?

and what the hell does a tragic accident like a players death have to do with this instance? (not your post bosco) the monster that committed this crime was NOT a uconn student, under your logic we should be held to the same standard as you are holding uconn because someone got stabbed at veishea 20 years ago.

Last edited by mctallerton; 09-17-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Walk On
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMeWorry View Post
    I hate crepes.

Man, why you gotta bring French pancakes into this!

Pro
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,288
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cbro31 View Post
    where did i say that it was okay to resort to violence? i said it was a PR move. i would expect tomorrow morning, if they haven't all ready, the president and AD of uconn to contact the iowa state athletic dept in hopes on contacting the young man who was injured. they will most likely apologize and offer to help pay for, if not fully cover, the young man's medical bills. uconn will likely issue a press release stating that the actions do not represent what it means to be a husky or something of the sort and make public their plan of aide.
    Blah blah blah. Cy got his arm broken and there is no repercussions. Typical isu fan to take it and not give a ****.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Blah blah blah. Cy got his arm broken and there is no repercussions. Typical isu fan to take it and not give a ****.
    where did i say that i dont give a **** please show me, you really are good at putting words in my mouth i might as well let you right the rest of this post for me.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    where did i say that i dont give a **** please show me, you really are good at putting words in my mouth i might as well let you right the rest of this post for me.
    The fact that you don't give crap about the person in the suit. If it was a player that was injured there would be a different attitude about it.

If you were worried as much about the kid as if it was your own you wouldn't have such a cavalier attitude about it.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The fact that you don't give crap about the person in the suit. If it was a player that was injured there would be a different attitude about it.

If you were worried as much about the kid as if it was your own you wouldn't have such a cavalier attitude about it.
    once again you have yet to show me in any of my posts where i dont care about the student in the suit. so please show me where you think i dont care about this young man representing MY university, MY athletic department, MY team. because i think that iowa state is doing the right thing by giving another university the chance to do the right thing? because i am not screaming for the blood of another fan base? because i dont think we should have our university announce legal actions against over twitter? or am i just not as big of a fan as you because i think that two jackasses who commit a crime are not representing an entire fan base? or is it because i dont equate said fan base to a man who engineered the murder of 3000 people? so again i ask you, what do you propose we do?

Last edited by mctallerton; 09-17-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    once again you have yet to show me in any of my posts where i dont care about the student in the suit. so please show me where you think i dont care about this young man representing MY university, MY athletic department, MY team. because i think that iowa state is doing the right thing by giving another university the chance to do the right thing? because i am not screaming for the blood of another fan base? because i dont think we should have our university announce legal actions against over twitter? or am i just not as big of a fan as you because i think that two jackasses who commit a crime are representing an entire fan base? or is it because i dont equate said fan base to a man who engineered the murder of 3000 people? so again i ask you, what do you propose we do?

You have failed to show any concern over a fallen comrade. You have failed.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

It's not about you. It's not about your inconsequential posts. It's about keeping people who give to the university safe.

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

somebody get a Secret Service detail for Cy next road game, okay?

Here's the deal. What happened is terrible. I hope the guy who did it gets sued, thrown in jail, and then down a flight of stairs when he gets out. I hope someone breaks both bones in both of his arms.

All anyone is saying is that our coaching staff and athletic department - with probably limited information right now about the incident- doesn't need to go ape ***** about it.

Since you're on your soap box, why don't you share your suggests with the group. What do you recommend our football staff, athletic department, and university do about it?

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by isunorth View Post
    somebody get a Secret Service detail for Cy next road game, okay?

Here's the deal. What happened is terrible. I hope the guy who did it gets sued, thrown in jail, and then down a flight of stairs when he gets out. I hope someone breaks both bones in both of his arms.

All anyone is saying is that our coaching staff and athletic department - with probably limited information right now about the incident- doesn't need to go ape ***** about it.

Since you're on your soap box, why don't you share your suggests with the group. What do you recommend our football staff, athletic department, and university do about it?
    I would recommend that the AD, or president or who ever do exactly what we should be doing and Going ape **** over it.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It's not about you. It's not about your inconsequential posts. It's about keeping people who give to the university safe.
    bosco i really hope you can see the bigger picture in all of this. it is not that i dont feel bad about the young man, i feel horrible for him and his family. i wrote an email to the uconn president as soon as it was posted, but to equate thousands of people to the monster that was osama bin laden based on the actions of two jackasses is just idiotic to me. i am upset with uconn, especially with the lack of response of their hired security company. however if you are expecting a big response from iowa state you will not see it. they will let uconn take the lead on this since it happened at uconn. if uconn does drop the ball in response to this, iowa state will jump at the PR opportunity to help one of its own, but they will not do it at another school's (especially a possible future conference mate) expense. they will not publicly throw uconn under the bus.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    bosco i really hope you can see the bigger picture in all of this. it is not that i dont feel bad about the young man, i feel horrible for him and his family. i wrote an email to the uconn president as soon as it was posted, but to equate thousands of people to the monster that was osama bin laden based on the actions of two jackasses is just idiotic to me. i am upset with uconn, especially with the lack of response of their hired security company. however if you are expecting a big response from iowa state you will not see it. they will let uconn take the lead on this since it happened at uconn. if uconn does drop the ball in response to this, iowa state will jump at the PR opportunity to help one of its own, but they will not do it at another school's (especially a possible future conference mate) expense. they will not publicly throw uconn under the bus.
    I see where your coming from. I hope you see where I'm coming from. I expect IsU in an official capacity to take care of business the way it should. Which is to play nice nice with Uconn. That is the way should be handled. But I'll be damned if I play that nice. It's about respect, and having pride in your university. So many people lately have decided that we don't deserve any respect. If we don't stand up for our selves than no one will. Disrespecting (taking down our mascot) what we stand for is another form of their disrespect.

Last edited by bosco; 09-17-2011 at 02:55 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,255
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 78

"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 577

I see where your coming from. I hope you see where I'm coming from. I expect IsU in an official capacity to take care of business the way it should. Which is to play nice nice with Uconn. That is the way should be handled. But I'll be damned if I play that nice. It's about respect, and having pride in your university. So many people lately have decided that we don't deserve any respect. If we don't stand up for our selves than no one will. Disrespecting (taking down our mascot) what we stand for is another form of their disrespect.
    You want ISU to throw a fit? Let them handle it and then ***** about it if you think they mishandled it. They can't really go ape**** without the facts.

Last edited by LindenCy; 09-17-2011 at 09:10 AM.