Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Nice Win

  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 50,627, Level: 69
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    50,627
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Nice Win

    Great win for you guys. Jantz would give me a heart attack if he were my QB, but the kid is a leader and has a nose for the W's. Love the job your coaches are doing with this group. Ferentz, Parker, and O'Keefe could learn a thing or two.

    Congrats on 3-0.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 26,851, Level: 50
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    904
    Points
    26,851
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice Win

    Don't know which team is your team, but a win is a win. It certainly wasn't a good win. It was an ugly win. All of our wins have been ugly wins. But we are 3-0 so we are happy. There is lots and lots of room for improvement in this team. Eliminate the penalties and stupid plays and this team could be pretty good as in going to a decent bowl game. All these mistakes are killing me !!!



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 18,744, Level: 41
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    1,187
    Points
    18,744
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 6

    Re: Nice Win

    Win is a win but we did not deserve to win that game. Stupid penalties and too many of them.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 50,627, Level: 69
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    50,627
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Don't know which team is your team, but a win is a win. It certainly wasn't a good win. It was an ugly win. All of our wins have been ugly wins. But we are 3-0 so we are happy. There is lots and lots of room for improvement in this team. Eliminate the penalties and stupid plays and this team could be pretty good as in going to a decent bowl game. All these mistakes are killing me !!!
    I'm an Iowa fan. Winning ugly is the norm... when we're not losing ugly.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 33,839, Level: 56
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    1,676
    Points
    33,839
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCyIce View Post
    Win is a win but we did not deserve to win that game. Stupid penalties and too many of them.
    Do not deserve? DEFENSE BABY. The O was horrible, but the D covered UP!



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 28,436, Level: 51
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cygrads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,974
    Points
    28,436
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 31

    Re: Nice Win

    The question is can Jantz get a lead and keep it? All the turnovers are going to catch up with ISU at some point.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 19,034, Level: 42
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    bufante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    DMI
    Posts
    968
    Points
    19,034
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by justcynn View Post
    Do not deserve? DEFENSE BABY. The O was horrible, but the D covered UP!
    Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game.

    Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.


    I love me some Jethros BBQ!
    Twitter: bufantes

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 50,627, Level: 69
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,232
    Points
    50,627
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 1

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game.

    Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.
    Your D has some sand to it. They play with bad intentions, you can't really coach that. Pains me to say it, but I like it a lot.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 27,822, Level: 51
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    2,359
    Points
    27,822
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 4

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCyIce View Post
    Win is a win but we did not deserve to win that game. Stupid penalties and too many of them.
    Not sure why you don't think we deserved to win but whatever



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 392,336, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,292
    Points
    392,336
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 330
    Given: 265

    Re: Nice Win

    I see a trend. Win by one, win by three, win by four. Beat Texas by six.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,985, Level: 82
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,465
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In an RV Park, far away
    Posts
    3,642
    Points
    69,985
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 289

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Great win for you guys. Jantz would give me a heart attack if he were my QB, but the kid is a leader and has a nose for the W's. Love the job your coaches are doing with this group. Ferentz, Parker, and O'Keefe could learn a thing or two.

    Congrats on 3-0.
    Thanks Gonzo! We hung in there, but we'll have to do better.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 33,592, Level: 56
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,247
    Points
    33,592
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 4

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I see a trend. Win by one, win by three, win by four. Beat Texas by six.

    Win by 7 if its fibanocci related



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 25,787, Level: 49
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Trainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,445
    Points
    25,787
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nice Win

    TY Gonzo. Although others may not say it, rooting for iowa tomorrow!



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 23,431, Level: 46
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Swanson10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,859
    Points
    23,431
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bufante View Post
    Exactly, the Defense stepped up and was the difference. I thought aside from their penalties (and some of those were crap), they played a very good game. Either way, it's nice to see an Iowa State team finish a game and hold the lead.
    Your D has some sand to it. They play with bad intentions, you can't really coach that. Pains me to say it, but I like it a lot.
    get yourself some gear and jump on!



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,416, Level: 73
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 634
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,586
    Points
    56,416
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 15

    Re: Nice Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Your D has some sand to it. They play with bad intentions, you can't really coach that. Pains me to say it, but I like it a lot.
    Sigworthy



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM