Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

From an Hawkeye Fan

A few things...First off nice win in a hard fought and terribly exciting game..I am sure that JTS was pretty fun to be at. As an Iowa Fan I first and formost would like to say that ISU beat Iowa in all aspects of the game...Outcoached, outhustled, and the ISU defense totally smacked Iowas offense. Our QB needs to learn how to run for the first down and not throw a risky pass.

Secondly: Your uniforms looked awesome! Seriously why cant you guys just keep them? Maybe some slight changes?

Lastly...I am sure Iowa State fans are sick of Iowa Fans and their claiming "the ISU teams Superbowl" etc. etc. Well I used to think that back when it was likely true (way back in the walden/criner days). I am sure alot of you could care less (await quotation responses --->here) but more often than not when ISU beats Iowa they fall on their face for the rest of the season (not always but often) If (when) ISU started winning some games with more consistency AFTER beating iowa I am sure that he Iowa fans would shut up.

P.S. FWIW I predicted ISU to play iowa tough. and am not "stunned" ...I am ****** but hey thats what rivalrys are for..

Great game Clones..and remember even if you hate us we are still all Iowans.

P.S.S. Meyer did win the game but the dude does very little coverage reads..he stares down his reciever...but that might have been the gameplan since Iowa absolutely SUCKS at the short drop quick pass.

Last edited by flyhighcy; 09-16-2007 at 07:03 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 71

Re: From an Hawkeye Fan

My brother feels the same way. The thing that bugs him the most is that we don't do anything after beating the Hawks.

I suppose that does give fuel to the "Super Bowl" talk. Personally, I think ISU is still a team that often has confidence problems, especially with Texas and Oklahoma, and we don't play them as well as we could. But we've beaten Iowa several times in recent history, so we aren't afraid of them.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 127

Hopefully with the new coaching staff at the helm we can carry on the momentum. I feel pretty good about the Toledo game but we could improve every week and still loose the next 4 or 5 after that.

If I were an EIU fan and I thougt for a minute that my coaches or players were not hungry to win an in-state rivalry game I would be flate p*$$ed at them and not at ISU.

There is momentum in a series just like in a season. During Iowa's 15 year run ISU players felt they could not win against Iowa. Once the door got open (1997-2002) their mindset chaged and they took faith in the slim chance they could pull the off upset. I think Dan did a great job of getting them to believe in that slim chance. The last 5 years ISU players KNOW they can play with Iowa and Iowa players KNOW that ISU can beat them. To me the momentum shift in this series is mostly between the ears.

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

The only reason EIU calls it our superbowl is because they can't admit to there being any other reason for losing 7 of the last ten games.

It is their pathetic excuse. You know, they just don't get up for this game. Did they believe the hype this week? Yes. Did they look ahead to Wisconsin? Likely. Are they a quality team? No. Is their best QB on the bench? Always.

Fans should blame the coaches and players for losing this game. I hope they keep their coordinators another 10 years because they are still trying to coach smash mouth football in the age of the spread offense.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 484

The reason why ISU usually falls apart after beating Iowa is because we have to play in the big 12. Nearly all the teams that ISU has left to play this year are better than Iowa. If we had a cupcake big 10 schedule then we would win a lot more gams as well.

Rookie
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by flyhighcy View Post
    but more often than not when ISU beats Iowa they fall on their face for the rest of the season (not always but often) If (when) ISU started winning some games with more consistency AFTER beating iowa I am sure that he Iowa fans would shut up.
    *sigh* You iowa fans have repeated that line so many times you now accept it as absolute fact. Sad.

This may shock you but I am really not interested in shutting iowa fans up. Nothing will shut them up. Idiots are like that. They will continue to spout their "truths" even in the face of facts. Most Iowa State fans have long ago reached this conclusion. Now we just find an extreme amount of enjoyment if hearing and reading you iowa fans rationalize the loss.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,574
    Given: 751

Quote Originally Posted by uthaman View Post
    *sigh* You iowa fans have repeated that line so many times you now accept it as absolute fact. Sad.

This may shock you but I am really not interested in shutting iowa fans up. Nothing will shut them up. Idiots are like that. They will continue to spout their "truths" even in the face of facts. Most Iowa State fans have long ago reached this conclusion. Now we just find an extreme amount of enjoyment if hearing and reading you iowa fans rationalize the loss.
    If you want some enjoyment, go to the Hawkeye Nation message boards. They are having a little meltdown. Doesn't sound like they are looking forward to ESPN gameday coverage of the Iowa/ Wisconsin game. Probably won't like having to relive the recap of their previous game on national tv.

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 317
    Given: 484

Here is what's funny. If you look back at the last couple of weeks there was a lot of depression on this board, as there should have been, but I didn't see a lot of negative posts about Chizik and his staff. A few complaints but nothing big. Fans realized that ISU is a young team and not playing up to it's ability. The staff was new and there were things that needed to be worked out.

If you go over to hawkeyenation right now you'll see a complete meltdown on the coaches. Keep in mind that this is from the team that's been to ### straight January bowls or whatever they quote all the time. Ferentz and his staff have produced some of the winningest teams in Iowa history but after one loss they want to throw them all under the bus.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    Here is what's funny. If you look back at the last couple of weeks there was a lot of depression on this board, as there should have been, but I didn't see a lot of negative posts about Chizik and his staff. A few complaints but nothing big. Fans realized that ISU is a young team and not playing up to it's ability. The staff was new and there were things that needed to be worked out.

If you go over to hawkeyenation right now you'll see a complete meltdown on the coaches. Keep in mind that this is from the team that's been to ### straight January bowls or whatever they quote all the time. Ferentz and his staff have produced some of the winningest teams in Iowa history but after one loss they want to throw them all under the bus.
    90% of my post was giving accolades to your team...I have talked to several cyclones at church this morning and ALL of them were far far far better and classy sports than you. But then again they probably actually went to Iowa State.

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 61

Too Shay FlyhighCy guy. Great comeback.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up

From AN Hawkeye Fan?...figures

Addict
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by flyhighcy View Post
    90% of my post was giving accolades to your team...I have talked to several cyclones at church this morning and ALL of them were far far far better and classy sports than you. But then again they probably actually went to Iowa State.
    I don't see how his post lacked class. Quick on the defensive today, eh?

If you want to see people without class... check out JuJu's quotes from earlier this week.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 428

"but more often than not when ISU beats Iowa they fall on their face for the rest of the season"

Maybe its because after we play you we enter the Big 12. Iowa isn't quite a Big 12 caliber team. Check your record against Big 12 teams in the last 10 years. Face it. All the signs point to your Hawkeye fanbase completely overestimating how good you guys really are.

Nobody outside the 50 miles surrounding IC cares about Hawkeye football or thinks it is anything that great. Sorry to burst your bubble again yesterday after we beat you .

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    The reason why ISU usually falls apart after beating Iowa is because we have to play in the big 12. Nearly all the teams that ISU has left to play this year are better than Iowa. If we had a cupcake big 10 schedule then we would win a lot more gams as well.
    You nailed it! For some reason Iowa fans think they are at the level of TX and OK. First, let me say that ISU is not and has not been that good of a team. But the reason ISU is able to compete and beat Iowa quite often is that Iowa is also not that good of a team. Iowa plays in a weak conference, except maybe 1 good team a year, and also plays weak non-conference teams, us included.

Again, it's not that we play Iowa any differently than any other team, it's just that Iowa is not that good.

Finally, when you tell an Iowa fan this they get upset and defensive, and yet it's okay for this to be said about ISU. That is just sad! Most ISU fans understand ISU is not that good of team and until Iowa fans come to realize Iowa is also not that good, further meaningful discussion between ISU and Iowa fans is meaningless.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 564
    Given: 1,098

the flood gates were opened 10 years ago. we are no longer intimidated/impressed/scared of Iowa. The mystic is gone.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep