Thread: New Culture

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

New Culture

I've been keeping up with the boards here for a few years but never joined to comment. I had to join in the celebration this week! I'm a Iowan living on the wrong side of the Missouri. Not even the glory of October 24, 2009 could get me to start posting here. I tell you the atmosphere at Jack Trice last Saturday could be felt through the TV, and now seeing the Youtube videos, and reading all your posts, it's a great feeling. Heck even my die hard Husker wife was cheering on the Clones Saturday. We even had a friend out here last night ask to trade QB's. NO WAY! A few Husker fans even commented they're sad there won't be a game this year, especially with the QB match-up.

For those of us out of state the Rhoads era is extra special. I mean I'm a diehard...watched the entire 2007 ISU/Texas debacle just because I don't get to see the Cyclones on TV much. It was just nostalgia to keep watching even though we were getting killed. But now I can watch such match-ups and know that even if we get beat we're going to put up a fight until the end. Even getting whipped by Utah last year I was proud our guys kept playing. Keep up that energy at the stadium! People are taking notice.

Keep the storm moving! Looking forward to Friday's game!

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Re: New Culture

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaCyclone View Post
    I've been keeping up with the boards here for a few years but never joined to comment. I had to join in the celebration this week! I'm a Iowan living on the wrong side of the Missouri. Not even the glory of October 24, 2009 could get me to start posting here. I tell you the atmosphere at Jack Trice last Saturday could be felt through the TV, and now seeing the Youtube videos, and reading all your posts, it's a great feeling. Heck even my die hard Husker wife was cheering on the Clones Saturday. We even had a friend out here last night ask to trade QB's. NO WAY! A few Husker fans even commented they're sad there won't be a game this year, especially with the QB match-up.

For those of us out of state the Rhoads era is extra special. I mean I'm a diehard...watched the entire 2007 ISU/Texas debacle just because I don't get to see the Cyclones on TV much. It was just nostalgia to keep watching even though we were getting killed. But now I can watch such match-ups and know that even if we get beat we're going to put up a fight until the end. Even getting whipped by Utah last year I was proud our guys kept playing. Keep up that energy at the stadium! People are taking notice.

Keep the storm moving! Looking forward to Friday's game!
    What match-up? Ones a (damn good) QB, and one thinks he's a QB. -That right there, that is fun to say, its been a while since we could brag about our players to another solid program.

Welcome to the site.